ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Terez Paylor mocks us a CB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282974)

O.city 04-13-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10559477)
This is what people have been saying about WR for months.

I think it's different with wrs because while it is a deep class, there's a talent drop outside the top 5.

With cb, other than the top 2, I don't think there's as much of a drop.

TambaBerry 04-13-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10559485)
Lolwut?

Much better than what exactly?

Then the other options that will be there at 23.

RunKC 04-13-2014 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10559489)
I think it's different with wrs because while it is a deep class, there's a talent drop outside the top 5.

With cb, other than the top 2, I don't think there's as much of a drop.

I could see that being the case.

I've said this for weeks. I want our first 2 picks to be CB and WR. Don't care which round you choose to draft one before the other, as long as they are the first 2 taken.

Direckshun 04-13-2014 12:46 PM

I love how he argues that the Chiefs "could" be tempted by Zack Martin, then drops him out of the 1st round entirely.

"The Chiefs might consider reaching for a 2nd round guard."

Thanks Terez.

kccrow 04-13-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10559349)
But we already have a Kyle Fuller type in Sean Smith.

I agree 100% with Terez that this D needs a legit burner with talent at CB. Flowers and Smith both got their asses kicked by fast WR's last year.

But honestly I like Jason Verrett for this role far more.

If you call Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Dez Bryant, and the like "fast," then ok. I don't disagree that Flowers and Smith got beat a lot last season. I especially don't like Smith that much. Fuller is faster than all of those receivers and he's faster than Brandon Flowers and moves better than Sean Smith. I consider Fuller the 2nd best CB in the draft after Gilbert. He's pretty legit and I would love to see KC draft him, but the situation at WR is dire in my opinion. Eventually you have to add a playmaker and if Cooks is there I find it hard to pass on that type of player.

As for Roby, there is a difference between cocky and confident to me and Roby is cocky. While he broke up a lot of passes, he arrived at the last second far too often and got away with holding and face guarding a lot that he won't get away with in the NFL. If he refines his game though, he could be outstanding. He has got in a little trouble in Columbus too, but nothing too overwhelming.

Nightfyre 04-13-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10559525)
I love how he argues that the Chiefs "could" be tempted by Zack Martin, then drops him out of the 1st round entirely.

"The Chiefs might consider reaching for a 2nd round guard."

Thanks Terez.

He went 17 to the Ravens. Not that I think this mock is any good.

RealSNR 04-13-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingleberry (Post 10559459)
Why do you guys love Cooks so much? I mean he is ok, but its not like he is that much better.

2013 Biletnikoff winner and AP All-American selection. First team All-Pac12.

He set single season conference records in receiving yards (1730) and receptions (128). He had the most receiving yards and the 2nd most receptions in the FBS.

He set those records in a PRO STYLE offense, too. This wasn't some pop-gun bullshit where the system often props up most of the player's production.

He did that with speed, agility, and beautiful route-running. And it wasn't like he was in a powerhouse talent team. He played opposite speedster Markus Wheaton in 2012, and when he left, Cooks took over and dominated, saying, "I'M the real receiver."

Check out his combine numbers, too. 4.33 in the 40. 3.81 in the 20-yard shuttle. 6.76 in the 3-cone, which is a pretty good mark to have in an important drill.

He's not tall, but he's not exactly a midget, either. We're not getting Dexter McCluster here. We're getting a legit receiver with soft hands who will hit the ground running for any complex route concepts you throw at him. And just look at some of his highlights the way he runs and makes plays with the football after the catch.

He's stunningly perfect for Reid. I was high on Odell Beckham and still am, but in the last couple weeks, I've changed my mind in terms of who is better. It's Cooks.

O.city 04-13-2014 01:16 PM

I think Cooks has ceiling limitations that Beckham doesn't though

The Franchise 04-13-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10559643)

Those being what exactly?

RealSNR 04-13-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

His size?

There are receivers shorter and scrawnier than him in the NFL who are incredible pros. That's because they know how to make their athleticism work for them.

Cooks is absolutely that kind of receiver.

O.city 04-13-2014 01:27 PM

There are, but not many.

I think he could struggle against the press, which isn't something he can learn, but I think Beckham has a legit chance to be a #1 guy. Cooks does as well, I just think Beckham has more.

The Franchise 04-13-2014 01:29 PM

Because he's never seen the press before?

Beckham wasn't consistent all season like Cooks was.

Saccopoo 04-13-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

And I think that Moncrief goes above Beckham with those non-limiters as Beckham does Cooks.

Those limiters being size, arm length, verticality, speed, blocking ability, etc.

All three are exceptionally solid WR prospects, run solid routes, do the little things, but when you consider that:

Cooks: 5'10", 189 lbs., 30 3/4" arms, 9 5/8" hands, 4.33 40, 36.0" vert, 120" broad
Beckham: 5'11", 195 lbs., 32 3/4" arms, 10" hands, 4.43 40, 38.5" vert, 122" broad
Moncrief: 6'2 1/2", 221 lbs., 32 3/8" arms, 9 1/8" hands, 4.40 40, 39.5" vert, 132" broad

Beckham is bigger than Cooks with better explosiveness, Moncrief is bigger than Beckham with more explosiveness.

All three run great routes. All three block well. All three jet off the line.

What's the difference? What's the "limitations" on one versus the other?

All things being relatively equal, I take the guy who's 6'2 1/2", 221 lbs., versus the 5'10", 189 lb. guy because he's going to be able to be more physical, take more punishment, be more effective in blocking, etc.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-13-2014 01:34 PM

http://usatq.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/kony-ealy2.jpg

And be done with it...

O.city 04-13-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10559683)
Because he's never seen the press before?

Beckham wasn't consistent all season like Cooks was.

He struggled against it at times though.