ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Norm Stewart possible candidate for interim HC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=135540)

CoMoChief 02-10-2006 06:06 PM

Norm Stewart possible candidate for interim HC

It's been the word down here in Columbia that Mizzou is looking at Norm Stewart to be the HC for just the rest of the season. Melvin Watkins is expected to be the HC for the remainder of the season, but several MU journalists and sports reporters down here have said that Norm would be willing to do this and that he is definately in the picture to take over for the rest of the season. Will it happen? I dont know, only time will tell.

nychief 02-10-2006 06:06 PM

horseshit.

leviw 02-10-2006 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPimpDude
It's been the word down here in Columbia that Mizzou is looking at Norm Stewart to be the HC for just the rest of the season. Melvin Watkins is expected to be the HC for the remainder of the season, but several MU journalists and sports reporters down here have said that Norm would be willing to do this and that he is definately in the picture to take over for the rest of the season. Will it happen? I dont know, only time will tell.

Not a chance. Watkins will be the man for the rest of the season.

teedubya 02-10-2006 06:07 PM

Strom Thurmond and George Burns have also expressed interest.

ChiefsFire 02-10-2006 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPimpDude

did this come from the same people who were apreading the rumor about Snyder and Paige Laurie having relations?

CoMoChief 02-10-2006 06:11 PM

It's just what I've heard. My best friend is a sports reporter and its been the topic of the day so far since Quin has resigned. I'm only saying what I've been hearing. I wouldnt post it if I thought that the info was totally false. It's just a possiblity, I never said that it is going to happen.

Eleazar 02-10-2006 06:11 PM

ESPN says it's Watkins.

Sure-Oz 02-10-2006 06:11 PM

That would be crazy if norm came back for just the remainder of the season....

sedated 02-10-2006 06:13 PM

Norm's still alive?

Skip Towne 02-10-2006 06:15 PM

Sit down Norm!!

POND_OF_RED 02-10-2006 06:15 PM

maybe he could teach them how to play basketball and be an NIT contender

leviw 02-10-2006 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
ESPN says it's Watkins.

Bow down to the ESPN.

nychief 02-10-2006 06:16 PM

the players would not know what to do... it would be pretty funny.

Saulbadguy 02-10-2006 06:21 PM

That would be BAD news for my Cats this Sunday. Quin resigining was already bad enough. Oh well...last time I checked, Watkins went 0-16 in the Big XII in his last coaching tenure.

gblowfish 02-10-2006 06:29 PM

Let Jevon Crudup coach them. He's free right now.
He'd drop a few "f"bombs and slap their asses around...get their attention.

And Paige Laurie thinks he's dreamy!