ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Tennessee Pro Day (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271324)

Mr_Tomahawk 03-19-2013 08:11 PM

Tennessee Pro Day

***Wednesday 3/20***

per PFT...

NFL coaches concerned about Tyler Bray’s work ethic

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 19, 2013, 9:41 AM EDT

AP
Tennessee’s Pro Day will take place on Wednesday, and no one doubts that quarterback Tyler Bray will show off an NFL-ready arm. The problem for Bray is that there’s a lot more to being an NFL quarterback than having a strong arm.

Bray, who left Tennessee with a year of eligibility remaining, will face questions about his accuracy and about his preparation, and those are questions that a player really can’t answer sufficiently in the scripted environment of a Pro Day. NFL Network’s Mike Mayock says the only way Bray could have answered those questions was to return to Tennessee for his senior season and put those questions to rest on the field.

“I was really surprised he came out,” Mayock said of Bray. “I thought he should have come back and refined his name a little more. If you ask me, who are the quarterbacks with the most arm talent in this draft, he’d certainly be in the top three. He can wing it. There’s no doubt about that. however, the ball’s all over the place. He’s inconsistent from an accuracy perspective, and you also have to get comfortable with the kid. What kind of kid is he? What kind of work ethic does he have? There are some concerns there from several of the coaches I talk to.”

Bray will surely be drafted, because a quarterback with that kind of arm always gets a shot in the NFL. But he probably won’t be drafted where he thought he would have when he decided to enter the NFL draft.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-19-2013 08:12 PM

**** it.

I would take this guy in the 3rd/4th rnd and sit him for a couple years behind Alex.

...lots of talent.

KC_Lee 03-19-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9514898)
**** it.

I would take this guy in the 3rd/4th rnd and sit him for a couple years behind Alex.

...lots of talent.

I agree. I know all the downsides to the kid.

However, I have said that if Bray could have a great coach that knows how to handle a QB he could be great.

He has the highest potential to be great or to flame out completly.

CoMoChief 03-19-2013 08:39 PM

look how he holds the ball...his hand wraps around it like Elway. He's going to be able to chuck the rock like a mother****er in the NFL once he matures....and he has the frame to gain lots of muscle, and it's only going to get stronger

Nightfyre 03-19-2013 08:40 PM

He requires a complete mechanical overhaul and is a nutcase. I wouldn't spend a draft pick on him.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-20-2013 05:42 AM

Out of the QBs who will be most likely available rounds 3-5, he is my preference....even over Wilson, maybe.

Alex Smith will be our starter for at least the next two years [barf]. Those two years will tell us if his off the field or locker room antics are really an issue. If they are, we just cut bait and draft again.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-20-2013 05:45 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eIK80XyPiTI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaKCMan AP 03-20-2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9514894)
“I was really surprised he came out,” Mayock said of Bray. “I thought he should have come back and refined his name a little more.

He left because Tennessee's a mess. New coaching staff, top 2 WRs (both will be gone by the end of rd 2) gone, and already a bottom-tier SEC team.

Tribal Warfare 03-20-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9514898)
**** it.

...lots of talent.

When he gets his feet set and trusts his WR he's pinpoint "right in the hands where only WR can catch it in stride" accurate .

Mr_Tomahawk 03-20-2013 06:18 AM

Who is good to follow on twitter for updates on their [Tennessee] pro day?

rico 03-20-2013 06:32 AM

I love Bray. I am agreeing with you on pretty much everything this year, Mr. T. Last year, the Tannehill shit made me nauseous. I hate Tannehill. This year, my top 2 are Geno and Bray, which seem to be yours.

The whole Bray thing this year is weird. When he wasn't projected to enter the draft this year, he was widely considered the hands down favorite to be the #1 pick in 2014...a draft class that these same people claim is better than 2013 in terms of QBs. Which seems weird to me because he is a projected 2nd-4th round pick this year. Doesn't add up.

chiefzilla1501 03-20-2013 06:37 AM

How many franchise qbs are there with a poor work ethic and bad attitude? Do not want. This guy is a pocket qb and will need to make a living based on the work he puts into it. It's not like big Ben or cam who have the freakish athleticism that let you get away with it.

suds79 03-20-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9515498)
How many franchise qbs are there with a poor work ethic and bad attitude? Do not want. This guy is a pocket qb and will need to make a living based on the work he puts into it. It's not like big Ben or cam who have the freakish athleticism that let you get away with it.

Yeah I've cooled on him quite a bit.

Strip away the strong arm talent. What else does this guy bring to the table that people like?

Lets list off the qualities.

Crickets......

Tribal Warfare 03-20-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9515498)

Marino, before he decided to treat Football as a job and hone his craft. Bray has the talent it's all about what he wants to do with this oppurtunity.

suds79 03-20-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9515456)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eIK80XyPiTI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic...t-gibson_l.jpg

No?