ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff Road Rage Today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275687)

NewChief 08-28-2013 06:28 PM

Road Rage Today

So our students are back on campus here in Fayetteville, and traffic is crazy as hell. One of our local newscasters was interviewing the Chief of University Police about traffic and such when this happened:

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/iframe?aspect_ratio=3x2&auto_start=0&pf_id=12178&rel=3&show_title=0&va_id=4262345&volume=8&windows=1 " width="425" height="330"></iframe>

ROFL

vailpass 08-28-2013 06:31 PM

Road rage is a bad thing, people get shot. I stay the hell away from it no matter how pissed I get.

Rausch 08-28-2013 06:32 PM

This is my weakness.

I'm all proud and profound on the "Forgiveness" thread but I'll ****ing rip you out of the car and shove that smart phone up your ass in public...

NewChief 08-28-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9921952)
Road rage is a bad thing, people get shot. I stay the hell away from it no matter how pissed I get.

I rage inside my car. The worst part is that my kids now rage as well in the car. I have (on average) a five minute commute, and that's a very good thing for my own safety and that of those around me.

Red Beans 08-28-2013 06:33 PM

I was down there Monday prepping my condo for sale and goddamn it seems like Fayetteville's traffic is just horrendous. Compared to much of NWA anyway...

NewChief 08-28-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9921960)
I was down there Monday prepping my condo for sale and goddamn it seems like Fayetteville's traffic is just horrendous. Compared to much of NWA anyway...

It's absolutely awful right now. It will calm down some once all the kids get their books and start skipping classes... but every year at this time of year it's just insane. I can hardly stand to be on the roads.

OnTheWarpath15 08-28-2013 06:36 PM

Not that it excuses the person in the white car, but I'd love to know the speed limit on that stretch. Seems like the guy in the Escape was flying.

vailpass 08-28-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9921956)
I rage inside my car. The worst part is that my kids now rage as well in the car. I have (on average) a five minute commute, and that's a very good thing for my own safety and that of those around me.

5 minutes? Nice. Here in the PHX the drives are a lot longer and there isn't a week goes by without a rage incident. Years ago when I was contracting with Mayo Clinic I saw one of our network engineers pull in and get in a knock down drag out with some stranger off the street. Had to fire him over it. Mellow guy but road rage makes people crazy.

Rausch 08-28-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9921956)

This.

The only time I calm down is seeing a vet/purple heart Plate...

NewChief 08-28-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9921970)
5 minutes? Nice. Here in the PHX the drives are a lot longer and there isn't a week goes by without a rage incident. Years ago when I was contracting with Mayo Clinic I saw one of our network engineers pull in and get in a knock down drag out with some stranger off the street. Had to fire him over it. Mellow guy but road rage makes people crazy.

I used to commute from Ft. Collins, CO to Cheyenne, WY (about an hour) when we lived in Colorado. Luckily, we were traveling the opposite direction with most traffic, but that drove me crazy. Thankfully, I had a good group to carpool with, so I usually slept if I wasn't driving.

Ironically, just prior to that job, I had a 25 minute bike commute, mostly on single track. That made me very, very happy. The long car commute took a little getting used to, to say the least.

ThaVirus 08-28-2013 06:40 PM

Not to hijack, but this is probably the most insane road rage incident I've ever seen on film:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AP73XCqVzaY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vailpass 08-28-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9921977)
I used to commute from Ft. Collins, CO to Cheyenne, WY (about an hour) when we lived in Colorado. Luckily, we were traveling the opposite direction with most traffic, but that drove me crazy. Thankfully, I had a good group to carpool with, so I usually slept if I wasn't driving.

Funny what driving does to people. Louis CK has a good bit on it.

Simply Red 08-28-2013 06:42 PM

now that I have such a fast car - I don't play no shit. :D:p

ThaVirus 08-28-2013 06:43 PM

I've only ever had one issue with road rage in my life.

I was driving in a Publix parking lot and "cut off" an Eclipse that was passing over my lane. Truth is, he had stopped at a stop sign then accelerated but my lane didn't actually have a stop sign- which I'm guessing is what he assumed.

So they sped up to me a minute later and the passenger was like "You cut us off!" and I'm like "Huh?" and he says it again "YOU CUT US OFF, BITCH!". I was like "*shrug*... My bad". The driver just got this pissed off look and sped off.

With the way the passenger was acting, I'm 100% sure there would have been a physical altercation at the next light had I quipped back.

Not worth it, in my opinion.

Simply Red 08-28-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9921988)
Funny what driving does to people. Louis CK has a good bit on it.

he's a true talent - really like his work and I'm a late bloomer of his material.