ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Do you ever buy clothing gifts for women online? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267996)

Buck 12-24-2012 11:21 AM

Do you ever buy clothing gifts for women online?

I bought some stuff for Christmas and on all the reviews everyone was saying that they should have bought a size larger than normal, so I bought a size medium for someone who is definitely a small and I'm worried that women are just so delusional when it comes to their body size, that when they needed a Large, it was because they are actually Large.

So...looks like I might be returning this stupid Medium to get the Small.

KurtCobain 12-24-2012 11:26 AM

I bought nearly all my gifts online this year. but not clothing, for the reasons stated in the OP. I'm terrible at sizes, but pretty good at eyeing these things, so if I'm getting clothes I just go out.

seclark 12-24-2012 11:26 AM

i have to, cause the ****ers don't let me try them on in the store.
sec

Rain Man 12-24-2012 11:27 AM

Never buy clothing for women, ever. If it's too small, they'll think they're fat. If it's too large, they'll assume that you think they're fat. And if it's the right size, it'll be either too dowdy or too racy or too old or too young or it won't be a match for her color wheel, which you would know if you were paying any attention at all. Just buy her a vacuum cleaner and avoid risk.

FlaChief58 12-24-2012 11:27 AM

No, that's very thin ice you're on, especially if said woman is your wife

Fish 12-24-2012 11:34 AM

Why on Earth would you want to buy clothing for women? That's a horrible horrible idea no matter what. Haven't you seen the way they shop?

Saulbadguy 12-24-2012 11:43 AM

Jesus, what brand of dumbass are you?

Mr. Laz 12-24-2012 11:51 AM

no ... you are pretty much dead either way it goes

if it doesn't fit, you suck
if it does fit but the size is 'too big', you suck
2 pieces with the same size often don't fit the same

yuck

lingerie is easier but still

buying girls clothing is a disaster waiting to happen

maybe a coat ... a nice coat is pretty safe LMAO

Pablo 12-24-2012 12:02 PM

Pro tip: Never buy clothing for women. Never.

Buck 12-24-2012 12:04 PM

The only thing I'm worried about if it doesn't fit, is that I have to return and exchange it.

I'm not worried what she'll think about her receiving a medium when she is a small. This isn't for a girl I am courting or will ever try to court. Thank you.

Phobia 12-24-2012 12:05 PM

I do. I'm good at it. I acknowledge that I am unique and fortunate. As a general rule, most men should avoid it.

htismaqe 12-24-2012 12:05 PM

I hate to pile on but man you should never buy clothes for a woman, especially not online.

Rain Man 12-24-2012 12:10 PM

Frankly, it's too risky to buy any gift for a woman. There are far too many things that can go wrong.

Lonewolf Ed 12-24-2012 12:13 PM

I have and regretted it, but not because what I bought was not the right size.

Phobia 12-24-2012 12:15 PM

All this said, I haven't really bought the wife clothes this year. She just dropped a kid. I did buy her a couple of athletic type clothing because I know she's going back to her workout warrior routine soon so I can't really screw that up. But most relationships aren't mature enough to be able to pull that off.