ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jermichael Finley as our TE would be nice. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269930)

SAUTO 02-11-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9394742)
It's a known fact that a Thomas Jones ass whipping sets a man back two years.

This. Proven time and time again.
Posted via Mobile Device

NJChiefsFan 02-12-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9394737)
156 catches. 2,017 yards. 12 TD's.

Vs.

41 catches. 579 yards. 2 TD's.

Dwayne Bowe after two seasons, with shit at QB and shitty coaching.

Only differences are that ***** didn't draft Bowe, and that Bowe actually has talent.

No more excuses.

Not being as good as Bowe doesn't mean you suck. Don't get me wrong, my expectations for Baldwin even in a new regime aren't high. Still, just because Bowe can excel in ultimate suck doesn't mean everyone can. I think with a good QB Baldwin could have an average season, but I don't see how he will ever be worth the pick we spent.

Smed1065 02-12-2013 02:35 AM

Oh hell no. He is LJ part2

LoneWolf 02-12-2013 06:11 AM

Delanie Walker would be a much better option in FA in my opinion. He's more versatile, has better hands, and isn't a head case.

RUSH 02-12-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9396061)
Delanie Walker would be a much better option in FA in my opinion. He's more versatile, has better hands, and isn't a head case.

Better hands? Walker might have the worst hands in the league. Pretty sure he had the worst drop rate in the NFL. Finley can't catch either, but he has better hands than Walker.

I do love everything else about him though. Tough dude and does it all.

But no thanks to both. I would prefer they draft and develop a TE this year or next year. We could get by with Tony and Boss for one more year, if necessary. I'd also like to see what Tony can do with competent QB play. Will probably never be great, but I think he can be a very solid player.

bevischief 02-12-2013 08:04 AM

Wow.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

LoneWolf 02-12-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9396142)
Better hands? Walker might have the worst hands in the league. Pretty sure he had the worst drop rate in the NFL. Finley can't catch either, but he has better hands than Walker.

I do love everything else about him though. Tough dude and does it all.

But no thanks to both. I would prefer they draft and develop a TE this year or next year. We could get by with Tony and Boss for one more year, if necessary. I'd also like to see what Tony can do with competent QB play. Will probably never be great, but I think he can be a very solid player.

According to official stats, Finley and Walker both had 7 dropped passes this season. I know Finley was targeted significantly more, but Walker was also catching passes from Kaepernick who at times doesn't exactly put a lot of touch on the ball. I was probably wrong in saying he had better hands, but they aren't measurably worse.

I doubt Boss plays the game of football again. He's a walking concussion and for his safety, I hope he decides to retire. Walker is a good blocker, good route runner, and is versatile enough to line up in an H-back role if needed. I'm not saying KC should definitely sign Walker, but if they are going to spend money in FA on a TE, Walker would be my choice.

Chiefshrink 02-12-2013 09:14 AM

Well, we don't know if Dorsey IS or IS NOT on the Finley bandwagon after a subpar career. For all we know Dorsey could be saying "screw that idea":rolleyes:

Easy 6 02-12-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9394661)
It's ****ing dumb.

No, it isnt ****ing dumb, stop acting like the skill set of a receiving tight end is so dissimilar from what he already is as a player.

If Reid keeps Bowe, and i believe he will put a value on the continuity and production he brings, then i dont see him wanting another big bodied possession receiver, he hasnt used guys like that since Owens.

That leaves him with two choices for Baldwin, and its not so crazy to think he might try to find another spot for him before sending him out the door.

I dont know that it will happen, but its certainly within the realm of possibilities... we'll see.

Shox 02-12-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9396061)

Agree. Walker would be a great addition. Much better than Finley.