ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Some undeniable truths about the Chiefs @ 23. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281326)

Direckshun 02-08-2014 08:51 PM

Ford is definitely an option in the 1st. For my money he's the third best pure passrusher in this draft, and he's a fit in the Hali role.

Direckshun 02-08-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 10421390)
Curious as to why Ford hasn't been projected higher sooner? Was he not a premier pass rusher all year for Auburn? The last two games I watched the man was unblockable.

Amen.

Don't give a shit about anything else. Ford can dominate.

OldSchool 02-08-2014 11:27 PM

I wonder, Malcolm Jenkins a possibility this off-season? Saints won't be able to bring him back with the salary cap problems that they have.

ChiefRocka 02-09-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10421464)
Amen.

Don't give a shit about anything else. Ford can dominate.

Freeney minus the patented spin move.

HolyHat 02-09-2014 12:44 PM

I like Dee Ford but once you win vs. him with initial punch he cant do shit.

RunKC 02-09-2014 01:01 PM

This team needs a DE in the worst way and right now all I see is Hageman, Tuitt and Donald.

After that it drops off big time. So, I think DE will be the pick. We all know Reid gets a chubby for fatties.

The value for pass rushers and WR's is enormous in this draft. Draft them in the 3rd, 4th and 5th round.

Also, I believe they will take a CB somewhere. There were looking pretty hard to CB's at the Senior Bowl. Lot of attention to CB's and WR's. Hmmm

OldSchool 02-09-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10422356)
This team needs a DE in the worst way and right now all I see is Hageman, Tuitt and Donald.

After that it drops off big time. So, I think DE will be the pick. We all know Reid gets a chubby for fatties.

The value for pass rushers and WR's is enormous in this draft. Draft them in the 3rd, 4th and 5th round.

Also, I believe they will take a CB somewhere. There were looking pretty hard to CB's at the Senior Bowl. Lot of attention to CB's and WR's. Hmmm

I'd honestly be fine with taking a mid rounder WR who is a good route runner and a dependable pass catcher over someone in the 1st.

TambaBerry 02-09-2014 04:43 PM

I think the pick will be corner if dennard or Gilbert is there.

Direckshun 02-09-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 10422005)
Freeney minus the patented spin move.

That's honestly not a bad comparison.

If Ford is there at 23, he's probably in my top 3 or 4.

Direckshun 02-09-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10422356)

I am not sure how well Donald projects to 3-4 DE.

I'd be willing to find out, though...

I think we could probably skate by with Bailey at DE for a year, and there is some decent DE talent later in the draft -- Taylor Hart of Oregon comes to mind.

My guess is that the Chiefs bring TJax back in. But I'd love for them to take a shot at Hageman or Tuitt in the 1st. Tuitt's looking less and less likely, but he shouldn't be.

O.city 02-09-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10422861)

I think we could probably skate by with Bailey at DE for a year, and there is some decent DE talent later in the draft -- Taylor Hart of Oregon comes to mind.

My guess is that the Chiefs bring TJax back in. But I'd love for them to take a shot at Hageman or Tuitt in the 1st. Tuitt's looking less and less likely, but he shouldn't be.

:wayne::wayne:

Sorter 02-09-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10422861)

Care to enlighten me as to why Donald is a poor fit for KC/ why Hageman/Tuitt are clearly better fits?

O.city 02-09-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10423474)
Care to enlighten me as to why Donald is a poor fit for KC/ why Hageman/Tuitt are clearly better fits?

Size. I dunno that he could hold up at de, but he is strong like bull.

Sorter 02-09-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10423588)
Size. I dunno that he could hold up at de, but he is strong like bull.

I guess it's a bummer we'd have a player to split reps with in Allen Bailey, as well as a DC that utilizes a variable front philosophy, ensuring he's not 2-gapping every single play.

O.city 02-09-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10423618)
I guess it's a bummer we'd have a player to split reps with in Allen Bailey, as well as a DC that utilizes a variable front philosophy, ensuring he's not 2-gapping every single play.

Yeah and I actually think he could play nose and kick Poe outside in nickel sets.

But I think Hageman has higher upside