ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Some undeniable truths about the Chiefs @ 23. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281326)

OldSchool 02-09-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10423474)
Care to enlighten me as to why Donald is a poor fit for KC/ why Hageman/Tuitt are clearly better fits?

Because we played so much in our base 3-4 defense last year. I would take Donald in a heartbeat and let him rush next to Poe in our nickel package which we'll probably be playing in 60% of the time.

Direckshun 02-10-2014 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10423474)
Care to enlighten me as to why Donald is a poor fit for KC/ why Hageman/Tuitt are clearly better fits?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10423618)
I guess it's a bummer we'd have a player to split reps with in Allen Bailey, as well as a DC that utilizes a variable front philosophy, ensuring he's not 2-gapping every single play.

Hey, you would know better than me.

My general line of thinking is that it's a scheme thing. Obviously the Combine could absolve me of these concerns, but it seems like he lacks the length that Tuitt and Hageman have, which limits how well he'd be able to take on tackles.

Ideally, you want a guy in the 1st round who plays 80%ish of your snaps. Not a Tyson Jackson-esque 45%.

Gino-Bartali 02-10-2014 06:54 AM

What do you guys think about Ryan Shazier? Any chance to be our #23 pick? He intrigues me, i do not know if he would be a nice fit but with a DC with a creative mind can be a really nice player for any defense.

Direckshun 02-10-2014 09:47 AM

I think Shazier is a Top 25 player in this draft. In our defense, he'd play the WILB, however, when we already have DJ for (at least) the next two years.

Some have speculated he could play the Kam Chancellor role at SS, but we have an All Pro at that position already.

Shazier can ball, though.

O.city 02-10-2014 11:05 AM

If berry could transition to FS and e as good there as he is at SS, he would make sense

Saccopoo 02-10-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10424493)
If berry could transition to FS and e as good there as he is at SS, he would make sense

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a merry Christmas?

Direckshun 09-19-2014 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10419083)
12 facts that are incontrovertibly true, in my estimation.

1. Andy Reid's offense does not require elite WRs.

2. It does require fast route-runners who can get quick separation.

3. Those types of WRs are all over this draft.

4. The Chiefs are relatively satisfied with their play at CB: Flowers, Smith, and Cooper will be their top three guys in 2014, with Ron Parker up and coming.

5. This draft, like most drafts, is pretty deep at CB.

6. The value at QB, RB, and ILB is pretty weak at 23.

7. Probably will be weak at safety, as well, if Pryor or Clinton-Dix are off the board.

8. It is generally not wise to spend two first rounders at safety in a span of five years.

9. It is very unlikely the Chiefs cut Anthony Fasano. It would only save $1m against the cap.

10. Drafting a TE in the 1st round means that either Fasano ($4.5m in 2014), Kelce (last year's 3rd rounder), or the 1st rounder will become the 3rd TE.

11. The Draft value at OL (both guard and tackle) is very strong in the first couple rounds.

12. The value at DL and OLB is questionable, and will be further clarified after the Combine.

At this point, I would say it is far more likely that the Chiefs bring in OL or DL/OLB than any skill position player.

Ha. Just re-read this.

jd1020 09-19-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10927652)
Ha. Just re-read this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10419083)
At this point, I would say it is far more likely that the Chiefs bring in OL or DL/OLB than any skill position player.

Really took a risk by going out on that limb and it paid off!

Well done, sir.

The Franchise 09-19-2014 09:08 AM

Damn....I ****ing called Ford.

Tribal Warfare 09-24-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10927901)
Damn....I ****ing called Ford.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/bb/showp...4&postcount=20

yep