ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs With Sunday start for Chiefs, Quinn could reclaim his career. (KC Star) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264961)

TEX 10-10-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9000157)
I always thought that Crennel maybe just wasn't good at public speaking, but after hearing more of him, he's a ****ing moron. How did this guy ever make it to this level in the NFL. This bullshit of protecting Cassel as if he was some ****ing superstar player on this team is so baffling I just don't even know what to say anymore.

He's The ultimate yes man. That's how he made it to this level

FAX 10-10-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9000196)
Roleo sounds like a showing like that would piss him off

ROFL

He does, doesn't he?

That Roleo ... such a pessimist. He needs to check his attitude because the squad takes on the personality of their coach and we need a motivated, enthusiastic squad ... not a depressed, apathetic squad.

FAX

Gonzo 10-10-2012 08:19 PM

IMHO Quinn failing would be bad. Then Pioli could just refer to bad coaching, etc or find some other damn excuse. we need him to succeed at least a little. Mediocrity and a W would be acceptable so we'd never have to see Matt "throw" another ****ing pass.

O.city 10-10-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9000204)
Orton didn't want to be here. He took similar money as a backup to what we were offering. He knew this team was Cassel's.

Thats what I'm saying. That was an easy/somewhat easy out for Pioli from Cassel.

He got injured and Orton sparked the team, we are gonna move forward with Kyle Orton at this point.

O.city 10-10-2012 08:22 PM

Whats even shittier is that Quinn looked better in the preseason with the 2's and 3's than Matt did with the 1's.

"But Matts a good leader"

Marcellus 10-10-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9000202)
If Quinn lights it up, Crennel and Pioli will look stupid having handed the starting job to a lesser talented QB.

LJ vs JC ring a bell?

Coogs 10-10-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9000203)
So Quinn could reclaim his career due to one start?

I hope he sucks as bad as Cassel. Quinn success would equal bad things for this franchise and provide more smoke and mirrors.

If he can't beat out Cassel in one start, then I suspect your 2nd sentence will come to fruitation. I'm not sure if I would agree with your 3rd sentence just yet though.

Like I said earlier, outside of Smith, at this point none of the other potential 1st round QB's really excites me just yet.

Gonzo 10-10-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9000213)
Thats what I'm saying. That was an easy/somewhat easy out for Pioli from Cassel.

He got injured and Orton sparked the team, we are gonna move forward with Kyle Orton at this point.

Shit, I dunno... I think we're just fubar'd no matter what. All I know is I just don't ever want to see Cassel again. Ever. I'll take Quinn or Orton or Doug ****ing Flutie at this point.

FAX 10-10-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9000201)
One of the biggest Pioli **** ups that no one is talking about is Kyle Orton.

I know he isn't/wasn't the answer, but I'd venture to say that if he were the starting QB this year we'd be better than 1-4.

Matt Cassel is a team life sucker.

I haven't been round much this week as it's midterms and I've been busy with stuff, but the whole Winston thing was bs. Yeah, I like him taking up for his Qb. Fine, good job.

But why isn't he jabbing at his own ****ing team members for playing like their hair was on fire once Cassel went out. It was like new life was breathed into the team.

It did appear that, overall, the squad played much better after Cassel went all glassy-eyed and spinny-headed.

Hey I have a squad joke for you ... here it comes ...

Do you know what Matt Cassel and a Slinky have in common?

They are both completely useless but it's fun to shove them down the stairs.

FAX

Easy 6 10-10-2012 08:24 PM

I still believe Romeo can be a helluva DC, but yeah, we certainly dont need him in charge of a hotshot rookies development... the article is pretty damning of him in that respect.

As for Quinn, i still have doubts stronger than a Mongo punch, but it certainly WAS nice to see a few throws that didnt come off a helium tank, i hope he lights a fire big enough to be seen from space & regains his old glory... with that new found league/self respect, he would then be a suitable bridge/mentor type to the afformentioned hotshot rookie.

FlaChief58 10-10-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9000225)
It did appear that, overall, the squad played much better after Cassel went all glassy-eyed and spinny-headed.

Hey I have a squad joke for you ... here it comes ...

Do you know what Matt Cassel and a Slinky have in common?

They are both completely useless but it's fun to shove them down the stairs.

FAX

ROFL

ReynardMuldrake 10-10-2012 08:25 PM

The better Quinn looks the stupider Pioli looks. I want Quinn to succeed just to make Pioli look like a giant flaming jackass.

Rausch 10-10-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9000232)
The better Quinn looks the stupider Pioli looks. I want Quinn to succeed just to make Pioli look like a giant flaming jackass.

This.

I just want Quinn to play good enough to keep Ca$$hole on the bench.

Anything other than that is gravy...

Marcellus 10-10-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9000232)

Damn never thought of that.

Problem is that will only look that way here. Everywhere else it will be Pioli was a genious for signing Quinn to back up Cassel in case he failed.

The Bad Guy 10-10-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9000222)
If he can't beat out Cassel in one start, then I suspect your 2nd sentence will come to fruitation. I'm not sure if I would agree with your 3rd sentence just yet though.

Like I said earlier, outside of Smith, at this point none of the other potential 1st round QB's really excites me just yet.

So if Quinn shows well, you had him the keys and wait another year?

That's just not what I want to do. I had my doubts about Tannehill, but he looks like the real deal.