ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The case for Nick Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270213)

Rausch 02-20-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9418886)
I agree, but not all at once.

Sure, grab one this year and dedicate another good pick to the position in 2014. But I'm not going to go balls to the walls this season.

I would only push that this season because we have absolutely nothing at the position. Ca$$hole is total $3it. Stanzi is total $#it. And we have a practice squad guy.

I think we need to add 2 guys minimum.

ModSocks 02-20-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9418897)
I'd be entirely happy with this if we give them our Comp 3rd or later for him. I'd feel a bit uneasy about 3.1, and I'd be queasy if we gave them 2.2.

It'd have to be 3.1. You can't trade comp picks. And no way in hell i'd give up 2.2.

Also....we're assuming it's a 3rd.

What if it's a 4th? Does that change things?

Skyy God 02-20-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9418889)
Didn't the Skins give up a 3rd for a QB right after taking RGIII?

The Lambs traded for TrINT but ended up with Warner.

We planned on Girlbac but ended up with Gannon. Or at least should have.

You might plan on one thing but you want as many options as possible at that position...

Cousins went in the 4th.

Rausch 02-20-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9418893)

If Alex Smith or Matt Cassel is on this roster, I will not give a minor amount of crap about this franchise until they are ousted.

I think we've all seen the ceiling for Smith and Ca$$hole.

While I'm not a huge fan at least Foles wouldn't have maxed out his potential already. There's some reason to hope...

Rausch 02-20-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 9418907)
Cousins went in the 4th.

I stand corrected.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Didn't the Skins give up a 3rd for a QB right after taking RGIII?

I already mentioned that the Seahawks and Skins might be the start of a new trend.

Quote:

The Lambs traded for TrINT but ended up with Warner.

The Rams traded for Green and then he got his knee demolished. They were left with no choice but to start Warner and then he went and won the Super Bowl. Not at all analogous.

Quote:

We planned on Girlbac but ended up with Gannon. Or at least should have.

Much like the Green/Warner situation, Grbac would have started all 16 games in 1997 had he not gotten hurt.

DJ's left nut 02-20-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9418903)
It'd have to be 3.1. You can't trade comp picks. And no way in hell i'd give up 2.2.

Oh yeah, I'd give 4.2 for him. At that point you're getting a kid that's at least played at this level and are installing him in an offense he's familiar with. By the 4th you're mostly looking at raw prospects and flyer players anyway.

And as you've noted, the comp pick is essentially 4.2 anyway. So yeah, I think a 4th for Foles is a no-brainer.

But the Eagles won't do it, IMO.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9418903)

Absolutely. I'd give a 4th for Foles today.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9418915)
Oh yeah, I'd give 4.2 for him. At that point you're getting a kid that's at least played at this level and are installing him in an offense he's familiar with. By the 4th you're mostly looking at raw prospects and flyer players anyway.

And as you've noted, the comp pick is essentially 4.2 anyway. So yeah, I think a 4th for Foles is a no-brainer.

But the Eagles won't do it, IMO.

I don't think they'll trade him for a 3rd either, at least not yet.

I fully expect him to be playing for the Eagles next year.

Rausch 02-20-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9418913)

The Rams traded for Green and then he got his knee demolished. They were left with no choice but to start Warner and then he went and won the Super Bowl. Not at all analogous.

Much like the Green/Warner situation, Grbac would have started all 16 games in 1997 had he not gotten hurt.

This is my whole argument: you don't just add one guy and think the position is covered. You keep adding and improving the overall talent.

You never know when the starter will go down and almost every year some b/u steps in and never gives that job back. Or you get lucky like the Texans and he does just enough to get you in the playoffs.

When Matty $3it the bed we had nothing behind him. Not even respectable...

Canofbier 02-20-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9418901)
Can't trade a comp pick.

D'oh. My bad. In that case: 4.2, sign me up. 3.1, meh.

Rausch 02-20-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9418925)
I don't think they'll trade him for a 3rd either, at least not yet.

I fully expect him to be playing for the Eagles next year.

I can understand the Eagles wanting a 2 but if some guy from the top 5 QB's falls to round 2 why would anyone make the trade?...

htismaqe 02-20-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9418935)
This is my whole argument: you don't just add one guy and think the position is covered. You keep adding and improving the overall talent.

You never know when the starter will go down and almost every year some b/u steps in and never gives that job back. Or you get lucky like the Texans and he does just enough to get you in the playoffs.

When Matty $3it the bed we had nothing behind him. Not even respectable...

Yeah, you absolutely have to have a backup.

To this point though, most teams don't want to give up "starter" draft picks to get a backup.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9418948)
I can understand the Eagles wanting a 2 but if some guy from the top 5 QB's falls to round 2 why would anyone make the trade?...

I don't think the Eagles even want to trade him. It's pure media speculation.

Rausch 02-20-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9418976)
Yeah, you absolutely have to have a backup.

To this point though, most teams don't want to give up "starter" draft picks to get a backup.

I don't either.

But when Stanzi just doesn't develop you cut bait and look for an upgrade. Mid rounds of the draft. Cheap FA addition.

I loved adding Brady Quinn when we did it. Very low risk, 1 year deal, possible huge upside. Now, it didn't work out, but those are the moves you make to keep trying to improve the position...