ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Gerrard released (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263195)

Hammock Parties 09-04-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8877207)
what do you have left to wager?

I'll leave the board for a month if we beat a Peyton Manning-led Broncos team.

If we're swept, you have to sport a signature of my choice for a month.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-04-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8877208)
It doesn't even seem close to me. Very few if any are picking them for the SB. many aren't picking them to win the West.

Yeah, many feel KC is the team to beat, but I think I'll side with the massive football minds of Clay/Knowmo ROFL I'd take Eggo anyday before I'd pick the Broncos. Better, younger QB with a better defense.

Hammock Parties 09-04-2012 02:55 PM

Garrard has also won a playoff game.

U mad, Cassel?

vailpass 09-04-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8877216)
Yeah, many feel KC is the team to beat, but I think I'll side with the massive football minds of Clay/Knowmo ROFL I'd take Eggo anyday before I'd pick the Broncos. Better, younger QB with a better defense.

It's going to be an interesting season. Let's revisit this at the halfway mark.

Micjones 09-04-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8877220)

U mad, Cassel?

4 years ago.
What does that have to do with whether or not he can play football today?

ModSocks 09-04-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8877214)
I'll leave the board for a month if we beat a Peyton Manning-led Broncos team.

If we're swept, you have to sport a signature of my choice for a month.

You leaving the board means nothing to me.

I'd rather have your sig. Or do you have a bet riding on that already?

vailpass 09-04-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8877224)
4 years ago.
What does that have to do with whether or not he can play football today?

It has to do with not feeding a gremlin after midnight which lots of people here apparently don't know about.

Micjones 09-04-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8877228)
It has to do with not feeding a gremlin after midnight which lots of people here apparently don't know about.

Touche.
LMAOLMAOLMAO

tk13 09-04-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8877220)

U mad, Cassel?

In which he went 9-21 passing for 140 yards with 1 TD and 2 INT.

You have really just become a troll, haven't you?

Pasta Little Brioni 09-04-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8877223)
It's going to be an interesting season. Let's revisit this at the halfway mark.

I think all 3 teams are close and have fairly equal shots at the division. Oakland screams bottom feeder. Should be fun.

Baby Lee 09-04-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8877209)
Wasn't Garrard out of football last year?

Back injury, first major injury of career, IIRC.

Montana was out a shit ton of time before the Chiefs picked him up. And before people start, comparing the timeline for QBs recuperating is NOT THE SAME as comparing their skill set. Manning or Favre or Montana being HoF talents doesn't mean they bounce back from injuries better with age.

vailpass 09-04-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8877232)
I think all 3 teams are close and have fairly equal shots at the division. Oakland screams bottom feeder. Should be fun.

Yeah there are a bunch of sub-plot stories for us to watch here in the West. Very interesting if you know what's going on.

Cornstock 09-04-2012 03:00 PM

Garrard at this point (being out of football, coming off injury, reputation for injury proneness) probably isn't any better than Quinn. To be fair, I'll say its a push, but Quinn is much younger. The biggest problem with him coming in now is that he doesn't know the playbook. If we had made a push for Moore I would feel a little better about it because he was in Daboll's offense last year. Skill-wise even if Garrard were equal with Quinn the learning curve would be too steep to be effective until halfway through the season. Same thing goes for Cassel. I'm assuming Cassel is marginally better than Quinn, so Garrard is fighting against that plus Cassel's familiarity with the playbook. He would have no chance to start here. At best he would beat out Quinn for the backup spot, but do we really want another retread 30+ year old QB in here again?

oldman 09-04-2012 03:08 PM

I'm out on Garrard. He's injuried, doesn't know the playbook, and he's 34. What's the upside? I know, it's ABC (Anybody But Cassel) here, but I just don't see any reason to consider bringing him in.

qabbaan 09-04-2012 03:09 PM

He's old, has back problems, he has attitude problems, and he was never very good anyway.