ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Post your ideas here for future Terrell Owens children's books. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149187)

Rain Man 10-06-2006 02:53 PM

Post your ideas here for future Terrell Owens children's books.

Okay, he's got his first one already, but he'll need ideas for others. You can post them here. (I like that the first book is T.O.'s message that other people need to share.)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6034918

T.O. reportedly writing children's books
Story Tools:
Print Email Blog This
FOXSports.com
Posted: 6 hours ago

Here's a new label you can attach to Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens — author of children's books, according to the Dallas Morning News.

T.O., as the newspaper points out, made headlines last week for an accidental overdose.

And there is also speculation that Eagles' quarterback Donovan McNabb left his former teammate (and pal) a get-well cell phone message, which Owens has said he never received.

But now it appears that Owens is involved in something different and new — Little T Learns to Share — which a Dallas-based publishing company reportedly says will hit bookstores in mid-November.

And the Morning News says the book is nothing like the tell-all in the fashion of T.O., a book about the enigmatic wideout's life that was released this summer.

In Owens' latest work Little T first refuses to share his football, but later realizes that he can't enjoy it without his friends.

What is the book about?

A young boy who learns the value of sharing.

"I tried to play outside alone and throw it by myself, but football isn't football unless you play with someone else," Little T tells his mother in the book.

The Morning News says the book is the first in what is called Owens' Timeout Series. The second book, Little T Learns What Not to Say is due in spring 2007. The third, Little T Learns to Say I'm Sorry reportedly is due in fall 2007.

The other (book) topics apparently haven't been discussed.

"It's a life lesson for discipline," said Courtney Parker, the co-author who's known Owens since they were freshmen at Tennessee-Chattanooga. "It's ironic because he's considered one of the more undisciplined players in the NFL."

Owens reportedly talked with Parker about writing a book after the Eagles released him last year.

"We're watching television and the commentator said, 'T.O.'s behavior is so childish,'" Parker said. "And then (Owens) says, `That's not a bad idea for a book. It should be about discipline since the world thinks I have none.'"

Rain Man 10-06-2006 02:55 PM

Book #2

Title: "Hey, the Quarterback is Gay"

Plot: Little T plays wide receiver on his peewee team, and the quarterback doesn't throw the ball to him as often as he would like. Little T slowly concludes that this means the quarterback is gay, and discovers that he can get attention from adults by saying so.

tk13 10-06-2006 02:56 PM

Green Pills and Ham

CosmicPal 10-06-2006 02:57 PM

Yea, try learning how to share the limelight, why dontcha.

T.O. hired a ghost writer to write it. And the publisher hired T.O. to sell it. T.O. as usual, didn't do sh*t.

Rain Man 10-06-2006 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal
Yea, try learning how to share the limelight, why dontcha.

T.O. hired a ghost writer to write it. And the publisher hired T.O. to sell it. T.O. as usual, didn't do sh*t.

Yeah, this is a pet peeve of mine. You can't sell a children's book any more unless you pretend that a celebrity wrote it and give them most of the money. There's no sense of honor in the publishing industry any more.

Pitt Gorilla 10-06-2006 03:06 PM

Lil' T's QB is "overrated."

A newly hired "sports commentator" notes that Lil' T's QB is "overrated" due to his cool beard. He argues that the media likes to push stories about QB's with cool beards, leading to his "overrating." However, when Lil' T asks the fat addict to produce an actual rating with TO's QB ranked too high, the frustrated fatman instead calls in a favor from a friend who likes to "chat" with boys like Lil' T. Hilarity ensues. 2 1/2 stars.

HolmeZz 10-06-2006 03:07 PM

Everybody ODs

Iowanian 10-06-2006 03:08 PM

"Puberty. Now I REALLY love me some me"

Chief Chief 10-06-2006 03:12 PM

"If I Ran The Zoo (Whoops..I Already Do!)"

...with apologies to the late, great Dr. Seuss

trndobrd 10-06-2006 03:24 PM

Little T Learns to be a Media Whore

Little T and best friend Drew are back for more laughs and life lessons. Drew says naughty things to Mr. Reid and Mr. Banner and both Drew and Little T get grounded. Little T shows the whole neighborhood how many sit-ups he can do and gets his picture in the school paper. Old Man Jones invites Little T and Drew over for tunafish sandwiches.

DMAC 10-06-2006 03:40 PM

You don't need gold teeth to be N*****

BucEyedPea 10-06-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Yeah, this is a pet peeve of mine. You can't sell a children's book any more unless you pretend that a celebrity wrote it and give them most of the money. There's no sense of honor in the publishing industry any more.

I have one I started, but I need a writer. :spock:

How's this: "Little T is a Little Sharpie!"

Adept Havelock 10-06-2006 04:18 PM

"How to alienate the entire playground in 12 easy steps".

And with a tip of the hat to tk13...

One Pill
Two Pill
Red Pill
Blue Pill

Or my personal favorite: Fox in Detox.

blueballs 10-06-2006 05:30 PM

Hairless Pillpopper and the hyperbaric chamber of secrets

1ChiefsDan 10-06-2006 05:33 PM

Little T and me (myself and I)