ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ben Affleck is the new Batman (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275523)

Valiant 08-23-2013 08:55 AM

I understand the Keaton and west best comments. There are like four batman charactures in comics. Each one of them played them properly.

Bale tried going frank miller. But missed. He was still a good batman though.

This goes for jacks joker also. All were acted well for the type of person they were portraying at the time.

I would love to see a proper dark night. I think mickey rourke could nail it.

The Franchise 08-23-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9908186)
I understand the Keaton and west best comments. There are like four batman charactures in comics. Each one of them played them properly.

Bale tried going frank miller. But missed. He was still a good batman though.

This goes for jacks joker also. All were acted well for the type of person they were portraying at the time.

This post is full of stupid.

Bale missed? Mickey Rourke as Batman?

loochy 08-23-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9908186)

hai guys stallone could be batman

Talisman 08-23-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9907200)
Ben Affleck has been set to star as Batman, a.k.a. Bruce Wayne.

Whoa, how about some spoiler tags!

cosmo20002 08-23-2013 09:21 AM

The guy from Arrested Development, Jason Batman, seems like a natural choice that they keep overlooking.

seaofred 08-23-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolstrol (Post 9907914)
Bale was a great Bruce Wayne but a weak Batman. I think Bale's performance as Batman limited a lot of his screen time in the Dark Knight sequel

I agree with this. I just couldn't stand how Bale spoke as Batman. It was really annoying.

keg in kc 08-23-2013 09:50 AM

I wonder how much internet outrage there would have been in 1980-whatever when Micheal Keaton was cast as Batman. He's a comedien, wtf are they thinking!?!

Baby Lee 08-23-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9908155)
While I slightly prefer Bale's Batman to Keaton's, I vastly prefer Nicholson's Joker to Ledger's.

[waits for inevitable dogpile of butthurt outrage from Ledger fanbois]

I won't pile on, but for me it is really truly apples and oranges.

I loved Nicholson's Joker, but it was all about 'Holy shit!! How awesome is it that Nicholson is acting so crazy.'

Nicholson's Joker was a nemesis.

Ledger's was unhinged, muscular and drawn taut. He was creepy and menacing and magnetic and exciting and weary and bored all at once.

Ledger's Joker was a villain.

Baby Lee 08-23-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 9908274)
I agree with this. I just couldn't stand how Bale spoke as Batman. It was really annoying.

It annoyed me for all of 5 seconds until I realized it was finally covering an enormous plausibility hole.

The Franchise 08-23-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9908302)
It annoyed me for all of 5 seconds until I realized it was finally covering an enormous plausibility hole.

This.

People need to get over the whole "voice" thing.

Bowser 08-23-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9907200)
Ben Affleck is the new Batman
Trey Barrineau, USA TODAY 9:27 p.m. EDT August 22, 2013
He'll replace Christian Bale in the Batman-Superman movie planned for 2015.

Ben Affleck will replace Christian Bale in the Zack Snyder-directed Batman-Superman movie that's scheduled to be released in July 2015.

Warner Bros. made the announcement on Thursday.

From the press release announcing the casting:

"Ending weeks of speculation, Ben Affleck has been set to star as Batman, a.k.a. Bruce Wayne. Affleck and filmmaker Zack Snyder will create an entirely new incarnation of the character in Snyder's as-yet-untitled project—bringing Batman and Superman together for the first time on the big screen and continuing the director's vision of their universe, which he established in Man of Steel. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

"Affleck will star opposite Henry Cavill, who will reprise the role of Superman/Clark Kent. The film will also reunite "Man of Steel" stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane.

"In the announcement, Silverman stated, 'We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics' most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some. His outstanding career is a testament to his talent and we know he and Zack will bring new dimension to the duality of this character.'

"Snyder also expressed his excitement about the casting of Affleck, noting, 'Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry's Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can't wait to work with him.'

"Kroll added, 'We are so thrilled that Ben is continuing Warner Bros.' remarkable legacy with the character of Batman. He is a tremendously gifted actor who will make this role his own in this already much-anticipated pairing of these two beloved heroes.'

Affleck has previous experience as a superhero -- he played Daredevil in the 2003 film of the same name.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-AZs6yhiRms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

durtyrute 08-23-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9908330)
This.

People need to get over the whole "voice" thing.

NEVER

and to wrap up the suck of all sucky voices, Bain knew that Batman was Bruce Wayne and in that last fight, he still used the voice........AHHHHHH!!!

Molitoth 08-23-2013 10:36 AM

It's not the Actors that ruins it for me...

It's that NOLAN just perfected the Batman story, and now they are coming out with some bullshit batman movie AGAIN. Just let it die, you WILL NOT do better than Nolan.

jd1020 08-23-2013 10:47 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/e0QWdnhW9jM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't follow these types of things all that much but apparently, according to this dude, Nicholas Cage was a possibility to play Superman. LMAO That would have been epic.

keg in kc 08-23-2013 10:51 AM

Yeah, there was an infamous 90s superman project with Tim Burton and Nick Cage. Google "Superman Lives" sometime you need to be entertained. Kevin Smith has a great rant about it on youtube somewhere.