ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Carl Peterson whines to the NFL=No calls?? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=148019)

DJJasonp 09-18-2006 09:19 AM

Carl Peterson whines to the NFL=No calls??

Because it seems like the Chiefs are on the short-end of the penalty flags in one way or another, is it possible the reason is due to Carl's bitching and whining to the league (or anyone else who will listen to his crying for that matter)?

I try to step away from the homeritus affliction that I sometimes suffer from and look at things objectively....but it still seems we get "jobbed" on numerous occasions (especially in Denver).

We've listed quite a few in the last 24hrs (the parallel between the push-off on law "no call" to Samie Parker's two push-offs that were flagged last week is quite puzzling) amongst many others.

Maybe just a conspiracy theory, but it does seem like we're getting jobbed quite a bit on the flags....and who better to blame than Carl?

Or can the refs always be this bad? And is it just a coincidence its the chiefs games they F up?

ChiefsCountry 09-18-2006 09:22 AM

Most of Carl's suggestions to the league are good ones, (well adding an extra team to the playoffs is iffy but it could work besides that is Lamar's idea anyway). I know Peterson/Lamar wanted something to change how overtime works, heck they got the two point conversation in.

Frazod 09-18-2006 09:22 AM

My recommendation is that he quit whining and start paying up. It certainly seems to work for teams like Denver and Pittsburgh.

DJJasonp 09-18-2006 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
My recommendation is that he quit whining and start paying up. It certainly seems to work for teams like Denver and Pittsburgh.

Good point.

siberian khatru 09-18-2006 09:31 AM

Carl should shut up and leave the whining to us.

KC-TBB 09-18-2006 09:31 AM

It does seem we get the short end of the stick on calls...maybe it's Lamar?

donkhater 09-18-2006 09:35 AM

The best suggestion he has had in the last few years was to stop making illegal contact and hands to the face penalties automatic first downs.

Automatic first downs should be limited to pass interference and personal fouls, not some ticky-tack push downfield or a hand grazing the face mask of a reciever.

Unfortunately, his suggestion fell on deaf ears. Because the KC defense was so bad recently, people saw it as whining, but it is a great suggestion.

HemiEd 09-18-2006 10:33 AM

I have never perceived Carl's lobbying for the best interest of his team to be whining. If he does not stick up for the Chiefs, who will? It is a small market team that does get the short end of the stick a lot IMO.

ChiefsCountry 09-18-2006 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donkhater
The best suggestion he has had in the last few years was to stop making illegal contact and hands to the face penalties automatic first downs.

Automatic first downs should be limited to pass interference and personal fouls, not some ticky-tack push downfield or a hand grazing the face mask of a reciever.

Unfortunately, his suggestion fell on deaf ears. Because the KC defense was so bad recently, people saw it as whining, but it is a great suggestion.

Exactly, the Chiefs have came up with good suggestions but it always seems to back fire bc of their standing at the time.

Also you have to put in that both Lamar and Carl were part of two upstart leagues that pushed the NFL hard.

Logical 09-18-2006 02:38 PM

So Carl Peterson is a whining pussy, big suprise.

Halfcan 09-18-2006 03:04 PM

King Carl needs to be fired!!

PastorMikH 09-18-2006 03:32 PM

Could be. I remember DV commenting about the refs and we paid for it the rest of the season.

Here's a question on the drive at the end of half. Why wasn't Dante ruled out of bounds? I just go through watching that play. He caught the ball, got hit, but managed to turn and get out of bounds. The clock SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOPPED. I know they said forward progress had stopped, but the reason it stopped was Dante turned and ran for the OB.

The Dude Abides 09-18-2006 03:46 PM

We get boned. It's never easy to take, but after years of getting boned, you just kind of go numb.

runnercyclist 09-18-2006 05:34 PM

0 penalties is ridiculous.

The push off at the end was the worst.

GoodDaySir! 09-18-2006 05:37 PM

Pity party.