ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ask Herm (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=147488)

Phobia 09-11-2006 12:34 PM

Ask Herm

Warpaint will have Herm Edwards as a guest on this week's podcast show. We're taking questions posted on our forum to him.

You can either view this as spam or as an opportunity to have your question read to Herm and answered. I don't really care how you choose to view it.

Here's the link: http://mb14.scout.com/fchiefsinsider...ID=14758.topic

jspchief 09-11-2006 12:47 PM

How does the play-calling work? What's the chain of command? Does the coordinator call the play down straight to the relay, or does it go through the HC?

Basically trying to get an idea if a particular bad play call falls squarely on the coord, or does the coach give his OK on them? when we do something like run on 3rd and 6, I'm curious if that's Herm or Solari.

Dave Lane 09-11-2006 01:13 PM

I'm wondering if he can recruit an assistant, a kaishkunin, so he can perform a highly ritualized performance of the fine art of Seppuku.

I'd be willing to become a premium member and subscribe to a pay-per-view event if he is.

Dave

HemiEd 09-11-2006 01:19 PM

So Herm, how are things looking the last time you checked?

Dave Lane 09-11-2006 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane
I'm wondering if he can recruit an assistant, a kaishkunin, so he can perform a highly ritualized performance of the fine art of Seppuku.

I'd be willing to become a premium member and subscribe to a pay-per-view event if he is.

Dave

PS I'd volunteer to be his kaishkunin if he can't find one.

Dvae

DJJasonp 09-11-2006 01:31 PM

"Herm, why didnt you just take a knee on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs to ensure 3 points on the board in the first quarter???"

LesterLyles 09-11-2006 01:47 PM

Has Herm posed the theory yet that any kick can be considered a good possesion i.e. a FG or a punt is a good possesion? He actually said thisl last year and we just couldn't believe it.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-11-2006 01:59 PM

Herm. What's up with gettin all the Quarterbacks killed. It was three last year and 1 already this year ? Did you talk Roaf into retirement just so this could happen? Hell, Trent had a string of 81 consecutive games till you came along.

Coach 09-11-2006 02:56 PM

Phobia, when is the deadline for this?

Just wondering.

Iowanian 09-11-2006 02:59 PM

Ask this one Phil.

"When will the Chiefs coaching staff accept that hwy65 is not an NFL caliber OT and end that experiment?"

"when experiencing Oline problems and great pressure, why are the Chiefs so far, unable to refrain from 5-7 step drops, and switch to 3 step drops and quicker passes to protect the QB?"

"why is Kendrell Bell, who was vastly outplayed by Keyaron Fox the entire preseason, still starting at OLB"

SBK 09-11-2006 03:13 PM

Don't forget

Why in the name of Zeus's butthole did the Chiefs come out wearing white?

tommykat 09-11-2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbuskid
Don't forget

That was our question, and all the people around us....Just said on the radio that it was a first.

Iowanian 09-11-2006 03:16 PM

Thats covered shortbus.

Herm believed Heat would be an issue(often is in early sept in KC) and wanted Cinci in Black and the Chiefs in white to get that slight edge....he had to file weeks ahead of time for the Uni switch.

Turns out it wasn't hot, but if it had been 90degF....it might have been a good move.

Reerun_KC 09-11-2006 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbuskid
Don't forget

Simply the best Qoute of the day!

I spit coke on the desk after this one!

KChiefsQT 09-11-2006 03:17 PM

Would you like me to step in as the offensive coordinator assistant? I sure as hell can tell you what down it is and how many yards we have to go.