ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   King Carl and the Hunt Family. The Planet Poll. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112434)

BigRedChief 03-17-2005 08:26 AM

King Carl and the Hunt Family. The Planet Poll.

King Carl is making money hand over fist for the Hunt family. If thats your goal sign him to a 5 year contract extension. If your goal is to win the Super Bowl and you haven't won a playoff game in 12 years welll a contract extension is probably not in your thought process.

At least now we know what the Hunt families primary goal is. And that just plain and simple is fill the stadium and make money and then pursue the Super Bowl. And that isn't the same goal as most people here, to win the Super Bowl.

ct 03-17-2005 08:27 AM

You're not writing the checks, so of course the P&L is not your primary concern.

the Talking Can 03-17-2005 08:28 AM

I have that turds that haven't won a playoff game in 12 years. You don't see me resigning them, do you Lamar?

ha-ha! take that!

(ok, I got nothin...this shit sucks)

Saulbadguy 03-17-2005 08:28 AM

Just a reiteration of what has been said already quite possibly over a hundred thousand times.

KCTitus 03-17-2005 08:29 AM

Time for another rally.

shakesthecat 03-17-2005 08:29 AM

Lamar is playing you like a fiddle.

Got your season ticket order in yet?

seclark 03-17-2005 08:30 AM

looks to be an interesting day around here...
sec

ct 03-17-2005 08:32 AM

Carl Peterson is a terrific CEO for the Chiefs organization. What he is not is a good football GM. I am perfectly fine with CP leading the business side of Chiefs football, I just want a football guy to run the TEAM.

milkman 03-17-2005 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coryt
Carl Peterson is a terrific CEO for the Chiefs organization. What he is not is a good football GM. I am perfectly fine with CP leading the business side of Chiefs football, I just want a football guy to run the TEAM.

Exactly.

Hammock Parties 03-17-2005 08:37 AM

I'm pretty sure Lamar doesn't see it as Carl's job to deliver a dynasty or a SB winning franchise.

That's the job of the coaches/players.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-17-2005 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coryt

Well said.

milkman 03-17-2005 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
I'm pretty sure Lamar doesn't see it as Carl's job to deliver a dynasty or a SB winning franchise.

:stupid:

You are joking, right?

ct 03-17-2005 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me
Well said.

I'm certianly not the 1st to say it, nor the last.

Why would Lamar pay 2 guys to do 2 jobs at 2x the salary, when he can pay 1 guy for 2 jobs at 1.5x pay and get 1.5x the results? The business side is 1x the results, with the other .5x the football side of the results, putting us smack in NFL mediocrity, but close enough to keep us all coming back for more.

Don't forget, just because most of us may not have been around or aware back in SB IV, Lamar already has his trophy.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-17-2005 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs

It's Carl's job to draft and sign the players to get the job done. It all starts with him.

Hammock Parties 03-17-2005 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
:stupid:

You are joking, right?

In reality he IS responsible. I'm sure LAMAR doesn't see it this way, however.