ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dolphins working on a trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272208)

The Bad Guy 04-18-2013 09:53 AM

The Dolphins will ahve to have the long-term deal agreed to before the trade can happen. They can't have 2 franchise players on the roster at once.

BigCatDaddy 04-18-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9598991)
Looking at what has happened lately with teams picking up QB's, unless Philly drafts Geno he proabably isnt going top 10 and then its a long fall from there.

Probably Buffalo. Kevin Kolb isn't preventing them from drafting a QB.

The Franchise 04-18-2013 09:54 AM

We better get the earlier 2nd round pick out of this shit.

siberian khatru 04-18-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9598979)
Branden Albert to visit Dolphins

Updated: April 18, 2013, 11:27 AM ET
By John Clayton | ESPN.com

The Kansas City Chiefs have given the Miami Dolphins permission to talk to left tackle Branden Albert to help facilitate a trade for a second-round choice, a source said.

AFC West blog

Williamson ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Albert, who lives in Miami, is expected to visit the Dolphins' facility in the next couple of days for a physical. His agent, Ron Slaven, has received permission by the Chiefs to talk contract with the Dolphins, but no other team.

Even though he signed his franchise tender, worth $9.82 million for 2013, Albert has skipped the Chiefs' voluntary offseason program. Albert has said he wants a long-term deal, and then took to Twitter to express his disapproval with the notion he might move to the right side.

"I want that long-term commitment," Albert told The NFL Network earlier this month. "But as you know in football, you don't have too much control of the situation. I want to play for the Chiefs, but I want that commitment long term."

If the Dolphins can work out something with Albert, they would give up one of their two second-round picks to make the trade.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

-----

I wonder if that means they've agreed on which draft pick it will be.

COchief 04-18-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9598982)
the only reason I ever posted for Stanzi to play last year was because Cassel and Quinn were both TERRIBLE...whoever the third guy was should have been given a chance. It's sad you can't understand that.

If my sister was the third string qb last year, she should have played after Quinn was that bad. Understand that?

I came with Stanzi?

I came to this site in 2008 and posted the 5-6 years before that on another site that Clay was on as well and we interacted quite a bit there.

Again, you make more ignorant comments that show what a fool you are.

If your dumb ass was paying attention, you would have seen Dane admitted that I never sent him a FB friend request, so if you don't understand what went on keep your mouth STFU.

More dodging and lying, what a surprise.

For the third time, answer my original Stanzi question (you already have by dodging it twice), but I'd like to see if you can actually be honest about something and admit you were clearly wrong.

Marcellus 04-18-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9598999)
Probably Buffalo. Kevin Kolb isn't preventing them from drafting a QB.

I had heard Buffalo likes Barkly but that was probably under the assumption Geno was off the board.

philfree 04-18-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9599002)
We better get the earlier 2nd round pick out of this shit.

If not then they should get another pick. Maybe the Dolphins second 3rd rounder.

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-18-2013 09:58 AM

Well At least Dorsey will get a 2nd round pick for Albert. I guess Bowe gets a little credit to if he doesn't sign Albert walks and chiefs get nothing.

Rausch 04-18-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9599022)
I guess Bowe gets a little credit to if he doesn't sign Albert walks and chiefs get nothing.

I'm not following...

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-18-2013 09:59 AM

Aaaand, the Path to FAIL commences. Great stuff!
Posted via Mobile Device

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-18-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9599027)
I'm not following...

I think they franchise tag Bowe over Albert.

Rausch 04-18-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9599015)
I had heard Buffalo likes Barkly but that was probably under the assumption Geno was off the board.

That's posturing...

ChiefMojo 04-18-2013 10:00 AM

Yup looks like we are nearing the final stages of this trade. Still believe it will go up until draft day for the compensation part.

Rausch 04-18-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9599032)
I think they franchise tag Bowe over Albert.

Bowe is signed.

Albert is already franchise tagged.

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/q...bpup/piven.gif

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-18-2013 10:02 AM

Let's hope they take that 9.8m when it comes off the books and sign Karlos Dansby.