ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268820)

Kylo Ren 01-12-2013 10:05 PM

Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh?

That would make for an interesting Super Bowl storyline. What do you think?

DaFace 01-12-2013 10:06 PM

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Ace Gunner 01-12-2013 10:06 PM

I would be harbaugh'd to death

hometeam 01-12-2013 10:08 PM

CONSPIRACY

milkman 01-12-2013 10:08 PM

This is a brand spanking new idea.

Bugeater 01-12-2013 10:09 PM

OMG THAT WOULD BE SO COOL

Kylo Ren 01-12-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9311967)

I know, right. No one has tought of it before me.

Ceej 01-12-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9311977)
OMG THAT WOULD BE SO COOL

It'd be so COOL you could spell it like KEWL and maybe, almost get away with it.

Ace Gunner 01-12-2013 10:17 PM

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...ce-deja-vu.jpg

Bugeater 01-12-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9311985)
It'd be so COOL you could spell it like KEWL and maybe, almost get away with it.

AM I KEWL NOW LOLZ

cyborgtable 01-12-2013 10:21 PM

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nfl...rbaughs,26626/

Ceej 01-12-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9312035)
AM I KEWL NOW LOLZ

YEAHS. HIGH FIVEZ FROM DA INTARWEBZS!1

Easy 6 01-12-2013 10:23 PM

If Flacco can magically morph into a consistent player, its very likely.

Cmd'r&Chief 01-12-2013 10:23 PM

Kool

Kylo Ren 01-12-2013 10:48 PM

Has anyone predicted Harbaugh vs Harbaugh or am I the first? You heard it here first!!

Cmd'r&Chief 01-13-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 9312151)
Has anyone predicted Harbaugh vs Harbaugh or am I the first? You heard it here first!!

That's the first I've heard of it. Good idea

RealSNR 01-13-2013 02:18 PM

Why can you still start threads?

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9311967)

Where's the rule that everything had to be original? Isn't starting a thread just introducing a topic for discussion?

DaFace 01-13-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9313869)
Where's the rule that everything had to be original? Isn't starting a thread just introducing a topic for discussion?

The context here is that John_Wayne loves to drop by and start stupid threads that have been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere. That's why he's catching so much flak here.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmd'r&Chief (Post 9313836)
That's the first I've heard of it. Good idea

milkman 01-13-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9313869)

When somone occassionally starts a thread like this, I don't generally care.

But when a stupid mother****er comes in every couple of weeks and starts threads over and over about things that have been discussed ad nauseum, I get pretty ****ing annoyed.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9313877)
The context here is that John_Wayne loves to drop by and start stupid threads that have been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere. That's why he's catching so much flak here.

And there it is. Makes sense. Thanks.

DaFace 01-13-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9313849)
Why can you still start threads?

I'm honestly not sure. He doesn't do anything that's really against the rules, and it's not really all that frequent, so no one's ever cared enough to change it.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9313882)
When somone occassionally starts a thread like this, I don't generally care.

But when a stupid mother****er comes in every couple of weeks and starts threads over and over about things that have been discussed ad nauseum, I get pretty ****ing annoyed.

That's fair. Did not know that, so I retracted my statement.

RealSNR 01-13-2013 02:28 PM

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see John Wayne start a thread that went something like, "I have heard there aren't many good QBs available in this draft. Should we try to trade down? Are there any other studs at the top of the draft that we can take with the #1 overall?"

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9313894)
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see John Wayne start a thread that went something like, "I have heard there aren't many good QBs available in this draft. Should we try to trade down? Are there any other studs at the top of the draft that we can take with the #1 overall?"

But don't the responses just reinforce his tendency to do it by getting the desired outcome? Point is, you know his motive. Just let the thread die and maybe he'll stop the shtick.

DaFace 01-13-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9313922)
But don't the responses just reinforce his tendency to do it by getting the desired outcome? Point is, you know his motive. Just let the thread die and maybe he'll stop the shtick.

It's kind of like trolling. People just can't resist responding.

milkman 01-13-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9313946)

Actually, early on, people did ignore his threads, but then he would just start even more threads.

The entire front page would be full of his stupid drivel.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9313946)

Exactly.

As a side note that's related, I will say this place does a good job of keeping it low in comparison to other boards. Good mods, solid base of good posters, and good discussion.

Bugeater 01-13-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9313979)
Actually, early on, people did ignore his threads, but then he would just start even more threads.

The entire front page would be full of his stupid drivel.

Yep, he'd start a few dumb threads, and then he'd bump some of his old dumb threads, next thing you know the place is the John_Wayne Lounge.

Spott 01-13-2013 02:43 PM

Baltimore will get beat by whoever they play next week. Niners have a good chance, thbough.

DaFace 01-13-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9313997)
Exactly.

As a side note that's related, I will say this place does a good job of keeping it low in comparison to other boards. Good mods, solid base of good posters, and good discussion.

I think it's mostly cultural - people aren't afraid to call people out for doing stupid shit that clutters up the board, so we self-police pretty well. That makes it a little tougher for n00bs to get the hang of things, but we've always been a niche board that isn't for everyone. Those who stick around and get teh swing of the vibe of the place usually do fine.

Our mods these days are a little more heavy-handed than in the past, but we also have a lot of tools that we didn't used to that allow us to limit people from being obnoxious without handing out bans all over the place (n00b restrictions, infractions from supporters, ban from thread, etc.).

RealSNR 01-13-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9313922)

I firmly believe that he has no troll motive. I think he's just stupid.

Mama Hip Rockets 01-13-2013 02:55 PM

The game would take at least seven hours cause one or both of the coaches would be whining about something after every play. I am convinced that one or possibly both of these men fathered Phyllis Rivers.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9314029)
I think it's mostly cultural - people aren't afraid to call people out for doing stupid shit that clutters up the board, so we self-police pretty well. That makes it a little tougher for n00bs to get the hang of things, but we've always been a niche board that isn't for everyone. Those who stick around and get teh swing of the vibe of the place usually do fine.

Our mods these days are a little more heavy-handed than in the past, but we also have a lot of tools that we didn't used to that allow us to limit people from being obnoxious without handing out bans all over the place (n00b restrictions, infractions from supporters, ban from thread, etc.).

I've noticed that. I've been a lurker for a while, and just started posting more frequently because I'm on my computer 12 hours a day when school is in session. All those things seem to be effective in contributing to a solid board. The only criticism I have is the immediate "you're ****ing stupid" response people get if they don't agree with someone. People here are better than that.

Outside of that, it's a great board. Now if the Chiefs were better, I think it would enhance the board experience even more, but I haven't experienced that quite yet. I firmly believe posts would stray away from the constant "**** *****" and "**** matt cassel" to intelligent football posts (I'll be the first to admit I have little to no football intelligence). I still get the sense that there are some people who truly know their shit here, but it won't come out until we get back to being relevant.

milkman 01-13-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9314167)
I've noticed that. I've been a lurker for a while, and just started posting more frequently because I'm on my computer 12 hours a day when school is in session. All those things seem to be effective in contributing to a solid board. The only criticism I have is the immediate "you're ****ing stupid" response people get if they don't agree with someone. People here are better than that.

Outside of that, it's a great board. Now if the Chiefs were better, I think it would enhance the board experience even more, but I haven't experienced that quite yet. I firmly believe posts would stray away from the constant "**** *****" and "**** matt cassel" to intelligent football posts (I'll be the first to admit I have little to no football intelligence). I still get the sense that there are some people who truly know their shit here, but it won't come out until we get back to being relevant.

Most of the quick "you're a dumbass" posts are directed at those that have proven their dumbassery again and again.

I won't even engage in discussion with CoMoChief, because his idiocy is beyond belief.

I'll just throw a quick hit insult and move on.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9314282)
Most of the quick "you're a dumbass" posts are directed at those that have proven their dumbassery again and again.

I won't even engage in discussion with CoMoChief, because his idiocy is beyond belief.

I'll just throw a quick hit insult and move on.

ROFL

I need to adopt this method for the "bump" guy.

RealSNR 01-13-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9314167)

You're ****ing stupid

scho63 01-20-2013 08:42 PM

Looks like this is coming true.......

TimeForWasp 01-20-2013 08:48 PM

As if Ray Lewis doesn't have a big enough head already. shit!!!

Canofbier 01-20-2013 08:50 PM

WHO IS READY FOR THE SUPHARBAUGHL?!

SPchief 01-20-2013 08:50 PM

B4B?

Ace Gunner 01-20-2013 08:51 PM

what a piece of **** this thread is :D

ThatRaceCardGuy 01-20-2013 08:52 PM

Why is everyone making such a big deal about this being the first time two brothers are going to coach against each other in the Super Bowl.....I mean did no one watch the Bears and Colts a few years back ?....bwhahahahahahahaha......

Al Bundy 01-20-2013 08:52 PM

http://i50.tinypic.com/2qkup3r.jpg
I found this in a box in my closet.

DTLB58 01-20-2013 08:54 PM

I'm only rooting for Joe Flacco. GO Joe!

I liked the guy going into Denver. He proved me right. If his OC would've been as aggressive with his play calling in the second half of that game as he was today last week would not have been close.

I hate John, Jim and Ray "Killer" Lewis.

That is all.

Kylo Ren 01-20-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 9311954)
That would make for an interesting Super Bowl storyline. What do you think?

Well, it actually happened. I have no dog in this fight. I would have been just as happy to see Atlanta and New England. But, the Harbaugh brothers storyline is indeed interesting.