ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Most Pathetic Play In Chiefs History (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272767)

Direckshun 05-04-2013 09:35 AM

Most Pathetic Play In Chiefs History

Not worst play ever, as in the most significant bad play in Chiefs history.

I mean the one play in Chiefs history that was just so fundamentally terrible from a football standpoint, that it made you honestly question how/why the player(s) that committed it could have landed an NFL career.

My vote:

I believe it was 2007 or 2008, the last year or two of Herm Edwards. I forget who he QB was.

The Chiefs were down to their last play in yet another losing effort to the Colts, but they were only down one score with about sixty yards left to go.

The Chiefs go into a lateral-off, having several players lateral to keep the play alive until, hope against hope, one of them could break off and score.

Brian Waters. Tony G. Then the ball gets to Samie Parker.

Samie Parker dives into the turf, and crawls about three yards until a Colts player walks up and touches him on the shoulder, ending the game.

Brian Waters visibly pissed. Somebody explains to Parker what the **** he did, and he smiles and laughs with his knees still on the turf.

Beat that, Planeteers.

(I'll get a "most impressive play" thread going after this one runs its course.)

DaFace 05-04-2013 09:36 AM

I'd be amazed if we have anything nearly as good as the butt fumble.

Fritz88 05-04-2013 09:37 AM

For me, it occurred with Haley's predictable play calling.

3 and 10, handoff to Jones.
Posted via Mobile Device

gblowfish 05-04-2013 09:37 AM

Jon Baker kicking off out of bounds THREE TIMES vs. Raiders at home under Gunther. Chiefs blow lead and miss playoffs. Raiders go to the playoffs instead.

suzzer99 05-04-2013 09:39 AM

Kimble Anders beach-balling a sure touchdown into an interception right before halftime in the AFC Championship game.

Also giving up like 50 yards on 4th and 10 to Elway on MNF after Stephone Paige's late 80-yd TD and it looked like we were finally going to win one.

Direckshun 05-04-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 9656651)
Kimble Anders beach-balling a sure touchdown into an interception right before halftime in the AFC Championship game.

You misunderstand the thread.

I'm not asking about significant mistakes: i.e. ones that cost us a playoff trip, or a Super Bowl.

I'm asking about flat incompetency.

There have been a million worse plays than Anders screwing that reception.

MTG#10 05-04-2013 09:41 AM

Priest's costly fumble in the no-punt playoff game against the Colts.

tyler360 05-04-2013 09:42 AM

Pretty much any Matt Cassel pass

ILChief 05-04-2013 09:42 AM

Cassels interception vs SD on the dump off

CaliforniaChief 05-04-2013 09:43 AM

When Bernard Pollard took out Tom Brady's ACL and set into motion a series of events that we are still recovering from.

Frazod 05-04-2013 09:44 AM

Another wonderful thread from our resident champion of misery.

suzzer99 05-04-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9656654)
You misunderstand the thread.

I'm not asking about significant mistakes: i.e. ones that cost us a playoff trip, or a Super Bowl.

I'm asking about flat incompetency.

There have been a million worse plays than Anders screwing that reception.

That's going to suffer from severe recency bias.

I know it's not one play, but I vote Herm sitting on the ball to preserve the win in a four win season, instead of taking a shot in the end zone so TG could set the yardage record at home.

Direckshun 05-04-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9656655)
Priest's costly fumble in the no-punt playoff game against the Colts.

Again, we're not targeting meaningfulness in this thread.

We're targeting hilarious incompetence. Priest's fumble happens every other week in the NFL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9656657)
Cassels interception vs SD on the dump off

Now we're cooking with gas. This is pretty pathetic.

Hammock Parties 05-04-2013 09:50 AM

ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/doink.gif

Nightfyre 05-04-2013 09:53 AM

Clay's post is a good one. But that screen pass against SD was also pretty apt. That's two for Cassel.