ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dorsey: There is no definite first round QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270104)

HonestChieffan 02-16-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9408496)
After reading this again, I'm not sure what to think. Teicher makes it sound like tehy won't take one, which they may not. But by Dorsey's quotes, it seems like they are really just beginning to evaluate.

Evaluate. Look. Study. Not the emotional fanboy bullshit. Makes me like the management team. No need to take the tallest midget and say its a basketball team.

Unsmooth-Moment 02-16-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9408446)
I will pack my Chiefs shit and send it to all to Clark Hunt if we don't draft QB #1. Would be cool if SOC put something together that dumps a truck load of Chiefs fans merchandise to return at Arrowhead Stadium for disaproval.

I'm not going stop being a fan but I will be disgruntled fan even more.

I still do not understand shit like this. What if Dorsey and Reid do not think Geno is the guy they want to tie themselves to for the next 5 years? What if it really is just a shitty draft to be needing a QB? I want to actually draft a QB too, but if there isn't a guy they want to be tied to, can you blame them for wanting to pass on him/them?

RunKC 02-16-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9408479)
Again, you have to take out anything Cassel did as a Chief, thats hindsight.

Trent Green was so great, it's not like he had a HOF TE, 2 or 3 HOF Ol in front of him and an all pro RB and running game. Yeah, he was great.

Keep talking yourself into a retread. Enjoy.

Because people are insinuating that trading for Foles is no different than the Cassel deal.

And WTF does that matter who Trent Green had? People rip him for not winning playoff games, but forget the fact that our defense was never any good and our All-Pro RB coughed up the ****ing ball leading to our demise.

Andy Reid isn't a moron with QB's, so comparing to past morons who don't know shit about QB's, like Marty and Pioli, makes you look like a ****ing dumbass.

O.city 02-16-2013 07:09 PM

I just think they aren't sure yet what they're going to do. If at this point they already determined they weren't taking one, I doubt they'd be as interested as watching each workout etc.

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 9408510)
I still do not understand shit like this. What if Dorsey and Reid do not think Geno is the guy they want to tie themselves to for the next 5 years? What if it really is just a shitty draft to be needing a QB? I want to actually draft a QB too, but if there isn't a guy they want to be tied to, can you blame them for wanting to pass on him/them?

No one is "tied" to any QB with the new CBA.

|Zach| 02-16-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9408494)
One question, Z:

Will you care, at all, if the Chiefs don't take a QB this April?

You see I am an adult. You don't understand a lot of things adults understand.

What happens with this team happens no matter how much posting and emoting and photoshops you make. I don't spend money on the Chiefs when they are not moving in the right direction. That is my lever.

I could bitch and bitch and bitch like you in my basement but it doesn't mean shit. I understand the reality of the world and hope that whatever the Chiefs do works.

I am well aware of the highs and lows. I have been to two Chiefs playoff wins and every single home playoff loss from the 90s on. Been there while they were getting waxed by horrible teams...gone on the road in Denver and Oakland to see this team. I am fully committed but also understand my role in the whole deal.

|Zach| 02-16-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9408509)
Evaluate. Look. Study. Not the emotional fanboy bullshit. Makes me like the management team. No need to take the tallest midget and say its a basketball team.

Yes! This is put better than I did the whole thread. Just be ****ing smart and do what is best for the team.

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 07:11 PM

This isn't about me, Zach.

Yes or no. Will you care?

htismaqe 02-16-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9408509)

It isn't emotional fanboy bullshit.

It's THREE ****ING DECADES of watching literally EVERY TEAM in the NFL, EXCEPT THE CHIEFS, draft a QB and subsequently win a playoff game.

People act like some of us just woke up this morning and decided to go off the deep end.

Bullshit. This has been building for YEARS.

Unsmooth-Moment 02-16-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9408514)
No one is "tied" to any QB with the new CBA.

Jacksonville is still having probs ridding themselves of Blaine Gabbert. A rookie QB taken in the first is going to get at least 3 years to prove himself.

RealSNR 02-16-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9408463)
Wow.

I've seen some stupid shit before, but this ranks pretty high on the list.

Nothing like devaluing the most important pick in the draft. In February, no less.

Looks like I should be lining up a few True Fans to buy my season tickets come Draft Night.

Yep.

I said at Dorsey's first press conference that he could be one of two things: a hardass talent evaluator who simply prefers to stay behind the scenes like Ted Thompson, or he's a mouth-breathing jockhead who couldn't stand to choose a career outside the game he loves. Either way, he's CLEARLY the anti-Pioli.

Well, these statements reveal that it IS true. He's not Pioli. Pioli wouldn't have revealed his draft intentions so blatantly like this.

Dorsey's now stuck with the #1 overall pick whether he wanted it or not. He's going to have to hold his nose and draft a QB now, or the pick's value is ****ing ruined. We may as well have been picking 11th overall just like last year.

htismaqe 02-16-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9408518)
You see I am an adult. You don't understand a lot of things adults understand.

What happens with this team happens no matter how much posting and emoting and photoshops you make. I don't spend money on the Chiefs when they are not moving in the right direction. That is my lever.

I could bitch and bitch and bitch like you in my basement but it doesn't mean shit. I understand the reality of the world and hope that whatever the Chiefs do works.

I am well aware of the highs and lows. I have been to two Chiefs playoff wins and every single home playoff loss from the 90s on. Been there while they were getting waxed by horrible teams...gone on the road in Denver and Oakland to see this team. I am fully committed but also understand my role in the whole deal.

Then why are you here?

Solely to tell us that we're horrible human beings?

|Zach| 02-16-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9408522)
This isn't about me, Zach.

Yes or no. Will you care?

Yes it is a Chiefs draft pick.

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 9408524)
Jacksonville is still having probs ridding themselves of Blaine Gabbert. A rookie QB taken in the first is going to get at least 3 years to prove himself.

How is that different than any QB?

It's not.

O.city 02-16-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9408511)
Because people are insinuating that trading for Foles is no different than the Cassel deal.

And WTF does that matter who Trent Green had? People rip him for not winning playoff games, but forget the fact that our defense was never any good and our All-Pro RB coughed up the ****ing ball leading to our demise.

Andy Reid isn't a moron with QB's, so comparing to past morons who don't know shit about QB's, like Marty and *****, makes you look like a ****ing dumbass.

Reid gave Michael Vick 100 million dollars. It's not like his past record is spotless a the position.

Sorry man, but like Hamas just said, we can go back to 09 and find a post exactly like this.

Scott Pioli helped find the best QB ever in the 6th round, etc.

People have this grand illusion that Trent Green was this great QB here. He was good, no doubt. They conveniently forget that with him, we made the playoffs 1 time.