ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Charlie Campbell Mock Draft: Geno Smith goes to KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265428)

BossChief 10-19-2012 11:42 PM

Charlie Campbell Mock Draft: Geno Smith goes to KC

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013charlie.php

Kansas City Chiefs: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
The Chiefs are a disgrace. Kansas City needs to clean house in the front office. Scott Pioli has had years to address the quarterback position, but has failed to land a good starter or capable backup. That has to change this offseason and Geno Smith would be a good place to start. He has completed 75.3 percent of his passes this season for 2,271 yards, 25 touchdowns and zero interceptions.

The 6-foot-3, 214-pounder has an excellent skill set. He is showing his intelligence and field vision by working through his progressions and looking off safeties. Smith has some natural accuracy with good arm strength to make all the throws. He can fire some fastballs into tight windows with phenomenal ball placement to hit receivers in stride.

Smith's plus mobility allows him to pick up first downs with his feet and bail out his offensive line. He will need to improve his footwork for the NFL. The senior needs to become more uniform with good feet to get in rhythm.

Smith had an excellent 2011 season for the Mountaineers, too. The junior completed 66 percent of his passes for 4,385 yards with 31 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He also ran for 180 yards and two scores. The West Virginia signal-caller played his heart out against LSU's talented defense with 463 yards passing.

Bump 10-19-2012 11:48 PM

ITS OUR TIME!

Dayze 10-19-2012 11:51 PM

I'd bet my spleen that we don't draft Geno....even if he's there/wherever we pick.

no ****ing way. Chiefs are pussies. Always have, always will be.

BossChief 10-19-2012 11:55 PM

FYI he also has Tyler Wilson dropping all the way to 20th overall and Bray going at 11.

Matt Barkley going first overall is a bit of a joke, though.

I think both Barkley and Wilson have hurt their stock thus far in 2012, but have plenty of time to rebound.

Bump 10-19-2012 11:58 PM

with the #1 pick in the NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select:

Barkevious Mingo of LSU

you guys have to know this is gonna happen. Pioli will never give up on Cassel.

MMXcalibur 10-20-2012 12:01 AM

I don't give a shit if we end up having a mid-tier first round pick. These miserable ****s better find a way to move up and get Geno.

BigMeatballDave 10-20-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9032081)
I'd bet my spleen that we don't draft Geno....even if he's there/wherever we pick.

no ****ing way. Chiefs are pussies. Always have, always will be.

YOU RISK TAKER!

You can live without the spleen...

:)

RunKC 10-20-2012 12:03 AM

While we're at it we should get one of Geno's receivers, Stedman Bailey or Tavon Austin.

Those guys are gonna be studs in the NFL.

L.A. Chieffan 10-20-2012 12:08 AM

What would happen if Geno was on the board and Scott passed him up for a OL or a DB, something like that? Very bad things I'm thinking

Saccopoo 10-20-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9032111)
While we're at it we should get one of Geno's receivers, Stedman Bailey or Tavon Austin.

Those guys are gonna be studs in the NFL.

They are studs because Geno is hitting them in stride 45 yards downfield.

Geno or bust.

Period.

Get Geno or get the **** out.

Bump 10-20-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9032116)
What would happen if Geno was on the board and Scott passed him up for a OL or a DB, something like that? Very bad things I'm thinking

it's gonna happen. CP Meltdown to the equivalent of a global apocalypse.

Saccopoo 10-20-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

I will drive to KC, drop my drawers and shit on the Arrowhead parking lot.

And then start reading a lot or something ****ed up like that.

Dayze 10-20-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9032109)
YOU RISK TAKER!

You can live without the spleen...

:)

well shit...
LMAO

I'd bet my.......hmmm...."special-fun-hand"

....sure as shit can't live without that.

RunKC 10-20-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9032117)
They are studs because Geno is hitting them in stride 45 yards downfield.

Geno or bust.

Period.

Get Geno or get the **** out.

If we can't get Geno (because we're cursed and never get the #1 pick), I'd love Tyler Wilson.

Either way we better ****ing draft a safety with our 2nd round pick. That position is loaded this year. Matt Elam, TJ McDonald, Eric Reid, Robert Lester. Holy shit man.

BossChief 10-20-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

If he doesn't get fired, Pioli will trade down and take either

Star Loteioueetree

or

Landry Jones