ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Misc iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, or Samsung S4 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276165)

luv 09-12-2013 11:00 AM

iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, or Samsung S4

Which one should I get?

L.A. Chieffan 09-12-2013 11:07 AM

note 3

bevischief 09-12-2013 12:47 PM

Samsung S4

jjjayb 09-12-2013 12:59 PM

S4

Silock 09-12-2013 01:08 PM

Unless you absolutely need a big screen, 5s. The C isn't worth it. The S4 is huge to me. Lots of features that I just don't use or care about.

mnchiefsguy 09-12-2013 01:15 PM

My wife and I got S4s last month and have been very happy with them.

AustinChief 09-12-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9966160)
Unless you absolutely need a big screen, 5s. The C isn't worth it. The S4 is huge to me. Lots of features that I just don't use or care about.

Dude, the 5s? Seriously? The S4 is exactly .5" taller and .4" wider and the same depth. I could understand if you have tiny hands or wear really tight pants... but I assume Luv can keep it in her purse. Actually if I was a chick I really would go for the Note3 for that same reason... but that ****er is too big for pockets.

Oh and speaking of features no one will ever use... FINGERPRINT SCANNER! HAHAHAHA!

Sadly, Apple is in a death spiral right now... I wouldn't recommend anyone jumping on board until they at least level out. I actually hope they start to pull out soon, the entire industry suffers when one of the innovators stops innovating.

loochy 09-12-2013 02:49 PM

Check out a Nokia 5210. They're pretty awesome.

MTG#10 09-12-2013 03:07 PM

Note 3. But if you think that's too big S4. Android > ios

luv 09-12-2013 03:19 PM

Currently have the iPhone 4s, and I just thought it would be easier to transfer numbers and ringtones and everything. It's not like I have a lot of music on iTunes or anything. I mostly listen to Pandora. As long as I have that app, then I'm good. I'm leaning towards the Samsung. I always had a Samsung before being given my current iPhone. I can upgrade on October 1, so I think that's the direction I'm going to go.

SLAG 09-12-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9966524)
Currently have the iPhone 4s, and I just thought it would be easier to transfer numbers and ringtones and everything. It's not like I have a lot of music on iTunes or anything. I mostly listen to Pandora. As long as I have that app, then I'm good. I'm leaning towards the Samsung. I always had a Samsung before being given my current iPhone. I can upgrade on October 1, so I think that's the direction I'm going to go.

you should take a serious look at the HTC One

luv 09-12-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 9966546)
you should take a serious look at the HTC One

Did a comparison between it and the S4. Seem almost identical. HTC looks to have a little more talk time. S4 has the larger screen. S4 is Android 4.2, and HTC is Android 4.1 (although I have no idea what that difference means).

MTG#10 09-12-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9966578)
Did a comparison between it and the S4. Seem almost identical. HTC looks to have a little more talk time. S4 has the larger screen. S4 is Android 4.2, and HTC is Android 4.1 (although I have no idea what that difference means).

<table cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="border-right: 1px solid black" align="center" width="50%">Android 4.1</td> <td align="center" width="50%">Android 4.2</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="border-right: 1px solid black" valign="top">
  • Screen elements shown: Digital clock at the top-center; day and date below the clock; lock icon at lower half of the screen
  • To unlock device, drop lock icon on unlock icon on outer ring.
  • Outer ring has shortcuts for Camera and Google Now.
  • Uses only one lockscreen
  • Does not allow lockscreen widgets
  • Notifications Shade accessible by swiping top screen edge downwards
</td> <td valign="top">
  • Screen elements shown: Digital clock at the top-right; day and date below the clock; lock icon at lower half of the screen; user icons below lock icon (for multi-user feature on tablets only)
  • Hour digits on clock are set in boldface, presumably for greater visibility
  • To unlock, drag lock icon to outer ring.
  • No app shortcuts on outer lock ring
  • Google Now can be launched by swiping center (dotted circle) of lockscreen’s bottom edge upwards.
  • Uses multiple lockscreens and allows lockscreen widgets; lockscreens can be rearranged
  • Notifications Shade accessible by swiping top screen edge downwards; swipe down with two fingers to open Quick Settings menu. For tablets, swipe down from the left side for Notification and the right side for the Quick Settings menu
  • Camera accessible by swiping right screen edge towards left (for phones only)
</td></tr></tbody></table>
The HTC will get 4.2 eventually, but I'd still go with the Samsung. Better camera, replaceable battery, you can add more memory, and super amoled looks better than s-lcd 3 imo. (nicer screen ;))

SLAG 09-12-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9966578)

HTC is better built all around.

The HTC will be getting 4.3 before the end of fall skipping 4.2

you will like either one

I just prefer HTC's Build Quality - and they didn't over do it with features you'll never use like samsung

Silock 09-12-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9966449)
Dude, the 5s? Seriously? The S4 is exactly .5" taller and .4" wider and the same depth.

And I still think it's too big. I've stuck with my iPhone 4 for that reason, but I'm going to be forced to go bigger. I think even the 4 is too big. Put it in your pocket and it's ****ing huge. Bigger and taller would just bulge in my pockets. No thanks.

Quote:

Oh and speaking of features no one will ever use... FINGERPRINT SCANNER! HAHAHAHA!
Not disagreeing with that. But the S4 has them, too. Eye tracking is ****ing dumb. iPhone's processor is way better, although I'm sure it will be leap-frogged by other phones soon. Such is life. The reality is that the difference between all of these phones is extremely minimal. Personally, I just prefer the smaller option. Also, it appears that battery life will favor the 5s, but we'll have to wait until real-world tests come out.

Quote:

Sadly, Apple is in a death spiral right now...
Your track record of predicting the failure of Apple products is awful, so I'll go with the opposite of whatever you say :)

luv 09-12-2013 04:00 PM

Oh...the better camera will probably win me over.

loochy 09-12-2013 04:01 PM

Luv, it seems like you are the type of user that won't really notice or appreciate the difference between Apple and Android. Unless you want the bigger screen, you should probably just stick with what you are used to. This is coming from the biggest Apple hater in the world, too.

DaFace 09-12-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9966605)
Your track record of predicting the failure of Apple products is awful, so I'll go with the opposite of whatever you say :)

"Death spiral" is definitely taking it a bit far, but it's pretty clear that Apple has lost its mojo since Steve left. Hell, the recent phone "upgrades" were boring enough that no one even started a thread about it.

DaFace 09-12-2013 04:03 PM

Oh, and I'd vote for the S4, though I'm admittedly an Android fan.

Silock 09-12-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9966610)
"Death spiral" is definitely taking it a bit far, but it's pretty clear that Apple has lost its mojo since Steve left. Hell, the recent phone "upgrades" were boring enough that no one even started a thread about it.

I was going to, but I know the kind of hate Apple gets around here, so there's no real reason to even post anything. Apple could cure cancer, and AustinChief would have the first post in the thread going "Stay away. Android's cancer cure is right around the corner and is going to blow away Apple's."

There's just no point.

AustinChief 09-12-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9966610)

Death spiral isn't taking it too far at all. I am not saying that they can't save themselves but RIGHT NOW they are bleeding market share and mind space at a record pace.

I have no problem with them losing market share but I am worried that they have simply stopped innovating. That doesn't bode well for anyone.

AustinChief 09-12-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

WHAT? My track record has been spot on. Are you on crack? I predicted that the iPhone would fall down to the sub 20% range of global market share and it did. I predicted the same for iPads... same result. I predicted that it would be YEARS not months for FLASH to get phased out.. I was spot on there as well. I predicted that despite Apple's push for HTML5 that we would be years away from anything remotely resembling standard adoption... and here we still sit.

I think my only big prediction to go bad was that h.264 would face problems with VP8 coming out. They did but not at all to the degree I hoped for.. so I'll take it on the chin on that one.

I think the problem is that you look at my predictions and fail to look at the timeframes involved... either that or you are delusional about what I am predicting.

AustinChief 09-12-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Not disagreeing with that. But the S4 has them, too. Eye tracking is ****ing dumb.

Totally agree here, the S4 has a ton of goofy shit on it... but the IR blaster is pretty damn cool.

Nothing better than changing the TVs at the bar with my phone.

BlackHelicopters 09-12-2013 04:32 PM

Samsung

AustinChief 09-12-2013 05:20 PM

To be evenhanded on my bashing... anyone look at the Samsung "smart"watch? BLECH. I really want a watch with a screen that you can't read in sunlight and the charge lasts less than a day. Qualcomm's Toq design actually looks the best so far. It's the only one that makes any real practical sense at least.

It's like the entire mobile industry went stupid recently. Everything lately has been pretty disappointing.

DaFace 09-12-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9966751)
To be evenhanded on my bashing... anyone look at the Samsung "smart"watch? BLECH. I really want a watch with a screen that you can't read in sunlight and the charge lasts less than a day. Qualcomm's Toq design actually looks the best so far. It's the only one that makes any real practical sense at least.

It's like the entire mobile industry went stupid recently. Everything lately has been pretty disappointing.

I'm not all that impressed with the "smart watch" concept as a whole. I'm much more of a fan of the Pebble model, where the watch is just an accessory for your phone rather than an independent, full-blown computer. That model seems like it will be much more sustainable and able to adapt to new capabilities by leaning on the phone to do the heavy lifting.

KCFalcon59 09-12-2013 05:33 PM

I'd wait and check out the next Nexus phone. Should be coming out soon. Pure android without all the excess bloat from the carriers. I have the iPhone 4S and the GS4 and think the GS4 blows it away. The Swype/Swiftkey/Google default keyboard is way better than the iPhone. Bigger better screen. Voice dictation is much more accurate on GS4 than my iPhone.

Though Cut/Copy/Paste on the iPhone is superior. Android irritates the shit out of me when I am copying something and it will not paste. WTF!!!

AustinChief 09-12-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9966776)
I'm not all that impressed with the "smart watch" concept as a whole. I'm much more of a fan of the Pebble model, where the watch is just an accessory for your phone rather than an independent, full-blown computer. That model seems like it will be much more sustainable and able to adapt to new capabilities by leaning on the phone to do the heavy lifting.

I agree 100%. The problem with Pebble is that it's a pretty crappy display. The Toq on the other hand is color and can handle video... so it's basically a Pebble with a badass display that can be read in daylight and uses a tiny amount of energy. Of course the Toq is really just a reference design that others will need to manufacture.

AustinChief 09-12-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 9966783)
I'd wait and check out the next Nexus phone. Should be coming out soon. Pure android without all the excess bloat from the carriers. I have the iPhone 4S and the GS4 and think the GS4 blows it away. The Swype/Swiftkey/Google default keyboard is way better than the iPhone. Bigger better screen. Voice dictation is much more accurate on GS4 than my iPhone.

Though Cut/Copy/Paste on the iPhone is superior. Android irritates the shit out of me when I am copying something and it will not paste. WTF!!!

Didn't think about this.. but yeah I'd wait to see what the next Nexus is like as well.

AustinChief 09-12-2013 05:44 PM

Completely the wrong thread for this.. but has anyone seen the new Paypal Beacon? I think they have a legit shot at making both Google Wallet and whatever the **** that silly iPhone payment mess is.. obsolete. It works with most POS systems and is a pretty damn neat implementation...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/g8h_i8qv1FY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We have a thing called "TabbedOut" here in Austin but I could see this even replacing that. (depending on what they end up charging)

BigRedChief 09-12-2013 06:51 PM

I'm sticking with I-Phone. Will probably upgrade to 5 soon. Had one forever. Not interested in a bigger screen. If I wanted to carry around a tablet in my pocket, I'd get a tablet.

Apple store is secure and easy to use. Love the volume of apps to chose from. Music is easy to manage and obtain.

DaFace 09-12-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9966643)
I have no problem with them losing market share but I am worried that they have simply stopped innovating. That doesn't bode well for anyone.

Timely article.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/techn...ign-mac/69334/

Gravedigger 09-12-2013 08:22 PM

Of course they're going to lose market share, when you have 50 billion android phones to one iphone, it's not an amazing thing to say they've lost market share to android.

AustinChief 09-12-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9967850)
Of course they're going to lose market share, when you have 50 billion android phones to one iphone, it's not an amazing thing to say they've lost market share to android.

Yes but it's the RATE at which they recently have fallen off that is troubling for them. Settling in to a 15-20% market space is fine but at this rate they could drop below 10% which would be disastrous.

CoMoChief 09-12-2013 08:28 PM

The only thing "bad" about the S4 is that it's so ****ing big.

Other than that it's the best phone out there right now hands down IMO.

Deberg_1990 09-12-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Sadly, Apple is in a death spiral right now.

ROFL

AustinChief 09-12-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9967891)
ROFL

Laugh all you want but it's true. When my LA movie industry friends are pissed and even looking at HTCs or Samsungs that is a bad bad sign. I think the last straw for many of them was the abortion of a Mac Pro that they are trying to foist on them. They haven't done a damn thing innovative for quite awhile now. I can hate on Apple but in the end I don't want this to continue because it is bad for all of us.

DaFace 09-12-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9967929)
Laugh all you want but it's true. When my LA movie industry friends are pissed and even looking at HTCs or Samsungs that is a bad bad sign. I think the last straw for many of them was the abortion of a Mac Pro that they are trying to foist on them. They haven't done a damn thing innovative for quite awhile now. I can hate on Apple but in the end I don't want this to continue because it is bad for all of us.

Yep. If Apple is running out of ideas, what will everyone else copy and make better?

(Only partially kidding...)

KCFalcon59 09-12-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9967169)

Another relevant article.

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple...-greedy-2013-9

DaFace 09-12-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 9968711)

Interesting read. It really is amazing how fall they've fallen behind in the global market. This chart is mindblowing:

http://i.imgur.com/p4kmMY8.jpg

I don't really see how they can make much headway outside of the U.S. at this point without some MAJOR strategy changes.

teedubya 09-12-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9965847)
note 3

This.

teedubya 09-12-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9968881)
Interesting read. It really is amazing how fall they've fallen behind in the global market. This chart is mindblowing:

I don't really see how they can make much headway outside of the U.S. at this point without some MAJOR strategy changes.

Same thing happened with Apple with the PC market in the late 80s-early 90s... You'd think they would learn.

I would totally buy a 5.5 inch iPhone. Android always seems to get glitchy after a few months of use...

Miles 09-12-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

It has nice potential for business users as an alternative an alphanumeric password if it works well and offers sufficient security.

Pants 09-12-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9968881)

Holy ****.

Buns 09-12-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9966608)
Oh...the better camera will probably win me over.

Huge Android fanboy here. It seems Apple has had consistently good cameras in the iPhone. Only the Nokia Lumia 1020 Windows Phone (probably the best for photos) and maybe the Moto X compare. The HTC One and S4 are gonna produce quality images though.

Coming from a photo perspective, however, iPhone 5s has a flash which will adjust for the ambient lighting by mixing two different LEDs to produce a matching color temperature (think of the difference between going from sunlight to indoor houselights.) This just seems really cool to me. There is a bunch of other processor mumbo jumbo going on the phone too.

I love Android, but the 5s seems solid.

Buns 09-12-2013 11:09 PM

Also, the 5c is just an iPhone 5 in a plastic shell, giving them an even better profit margin. I would go Android over that for sure. Have you considered the LG G2?

AustinChief 09-13-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9967993)
Yep. If Apple is running out of ideas, what will everyone else copy and make better?

(Only partially kidding...)

I'm with ya on this.. it is NOT good for the industry if Apple is out of ideas.

L.A. Chieffan 09-13-2013 07:16 AM

Just get the new iPhone and be done with it. IPhone is a chicks phone

SLAG 09-13-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9969373)
Just get the new iPhone and be done with it. IPhone is a chicks phone

This is a really good point

I've always said an iphone is perfect for women and old people

luv 09-13-2013 07:57 AM

What is this Nexus and Note?

luv 09-13-2013 07:58 AM

Right now, I'm about 70% sure I'm deciding on the Samsung.

T-Town 09-13-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

The HTC will get 4.2 eventually, but I'd still go with the Samsung. Better camera, replaceable battery, you can add more memory, and super amoled looks better than s-lcd 3 imo. (nicer screen ;))
Just switched to at&t and was stuck between the htc one and s4. Those are what sealed the deal, though the rounded back of the htc had me concerned for some reason.

DaFace 09-13-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 9969386)
This is a really good point

I've always said an iphone is perfect for women and old people

Heh...there is a little truth to that. iPhones do seem to be easier to use in some ways, so I have often recommended people go that route that aren't tech savvy.

Buns 09-13-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9969462)
What is this Nexus and Note?

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/04/s...ote-3-preview/

Nexus devices are Google reference devices. They run stock Android with no add on skins or software like you'd see from Samsung or anyone else really. They also get android system updates first. The last nexus phone, the lg nexus 4, came at an amazing price point. The rumoured upcoming nexus 5 is highly anticipated.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/12/l...-again-photos/

luv 09-13-2013 08:38 AM

Doing more comparisons. You guys have been so helpful.

I'm not too tech savvy, but I can navigate. I'm in charge of social media in my roller derby league. As long as I can easily get to Twitter, Instagram, youtube, Facebook, and our website while on the go, I'm good. I like to post pictures of us at bouts and events, so I like a good camera. I wish my iPhone had better video quality and could zoom while recording. Guess I can't have everything though.

Amnorix 09-13-2013 08:49 AM

My whole family is on iPhones and iPad, so we're sticking with that for a good long while I suspect.

DaveNull 09-13-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9969557)
Doing more comparisons. You guys have been so helpful.

I'm not too tech savvy, but I can navigate. I'm in charge of social media in my roller derby league. As long as I can easily get to Twitter, Instagram, youtube, Facebook, and our website while on the go, I'm good. I like to post pictures of us at bouts and events, so I like a good camera. I wish my iPhone had better video quality and could zoom while recording. Guess I can't have everything though.

The 5s will shoot 1080 video at 120 frames per second so you can do some pretty kick ass slow motion shots.

DaveNull 09-13-2013 04:27 PM

Here's an article about the camera on the 5s. Pretty excited.

Not sure when I'll upgrade though. My 4s runs iOS 7 like a champ.

Eleazar 09-13-2013 04:28 PM

I used iphones for a few generations, but I really like my S4.

Deberg_1990 09-13-2013 04:39 PM

Which streaming device....Roku or Apple TV?
Posted via Mobile Device

DaveNull 09-13-2013 04:48 PM

It's a toss up. If you've already got a bunch of apple shit, then the AppleTV rocks for stuff like AirPlay, pulling up your photo stream, pulling in your music library from iTunes Match.

If you don't have any apple stuff, then go with the Roku. Either way...wait for the updates that they'll both have for the holidays.

Since iOS is now 64bit there could be some wild stuff coming to the AppleTV soon.

MTG#10 09-13-2013 05:20 PM

WDTV Live kicks Roku and AppleTV's ass.

BigBeauford 09-13-2013 07:13 PM

If only Apple had enlarged their screen. Even 4.5 inches would probably have culled a lot of wrath.

Silock 09-13-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9970906)
WDTV Live kicks Roku and AppleTV's ass.

Agreed. AppleTV is too limited. IT would be much better if you could install apps on it. You have to jailbreak it to do that, though.

AustinChief 09-13-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9971783)
Agreed. AppleTV is too limited. IT would be much better if you could install apps on it. You have to jailbreak it to do that, though.

In it's defense though, it's a pretty nice option once jailbroken.

Silock 09-13-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9971792)
In it's defense though, it's a pretty nice option once jailbroken.

Yeah, but even then, it's still not as complete a solution. It only becomes complete when it's jailbroken and paired with a portable iOS device, which sucks because it shouldn't need to be that way.

I wonder if the new software update will help any. I kinda doubt it. AppleTV has always been underwhelming on its own. I still use mine all the time, but then, I stream a lot from my PC through my iPad.

luv 09-14-2013 09:59 AM

It's too bad the HTC is out of the running. It comes in red!

MTG#10 09-14-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9972241)

In fairness you cant go wrong with either, Im sure you would be satisfied with both.

unlurking 09-14-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9972241)

If fashion is important...

https://www.motorola.com/us/motomaker?pid=FLEXR1

luv 09-14-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9972898)

It's not that important.

That's pretty cool, though.

kcchiefsus 09-14-2013 07:31 PM

I recently switched from the iphone 4s to the Samsung Galaxy S3 and if nothing else I absolutely love having a much larger screen.

luv 09-17-2013 09:13 AM

Okay, I was 90% going for the S4, but then I found the Moto X? Anyone know anything about the Moto X? It's seems like a good compromise between the iPhone 5s and the S4 in size, talk time, and camera. Does anyone know how user friendly it is?

DMAC 09-17-2013 09:53 AM

Samsung seems pretty shady with rolling out updates. I have an S3.

DaFace 09-17-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9987151)

That's a definite advantage of the Nexus phones. At the same time, Google has been systematically converting all the cool stuff from OS features into apps, so you're not missing that much anymore.

And of course, there's always CyanogenMod...

Fish 09-17-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9987151)

There's some nifty guides out there that tell you exactly what all you can safely disable regarding unnecessary apps that the manufacturer or carrier rolls out. It's handy to cut down the stupid bloat.

Here's the link for stock Galaxy S3: http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...ck-rooted.html

You can go into Application Manager, and disable them.

But a better solution is to "Freeze" them, so that they'll stay disabled even after a reboot. I use an app called Titanium Backup to "Freeze" these built in apps. That prevents them from running automatically. Titanium Backup has additional advantages as well.

SLAG 09-17-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9987263)
There's some nifty guides out there that tell you exactly what all you can safely disable regarding unnecessary apps that the manufacturer or carrier rolls out. It's handy to cut down the stupid bloat.

Here's the link for stock Galaxy S3: http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...ck-rooted.html

But a better solution is to "Freeze" them, so that they'll stay disabled even after a reboot. I use an app called Titanium Backup to "Freeze" these built in apps. That prevents them from running automatically. Titanium Backup has additional advantages as well.

Love me some TIBUP

Rausch 09-18-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9987263)

http://images.gizmag.com/hero/moto-x-vs-iphone-5.jpg
http://www.gizmag.com/iphone-5-vs-moto-x/28589/

007 09-18-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9987242)
That's a definite advantage of the Nexus phones. At the same time, Google has been systematically converting all the cool stuff from OS features into apps, so you're not missing that much anymore.

And of course, there's always CyanogenMod...

CM kicks ass!!!!

luv 09-18-2013 07:52 AM

I had a couple of friends tell me last night that I should hold out and get the iPhone 5i when it comes out. They know someone who works for Verizon who seems to be tickled pink with the upcoming release (they guessed November).

loochy 09-18-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9989881)
I had a couple of friends tell me last night that I should hold out and get the iPhone 5i when it comes out. They know someone who works for Verizon who seems to be tickled pink with the upcoming release (they guessed November).

So did they give an actual reason or are they just Applebots?