ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Will Smith to star in Tarantinos next "Django Unchained" ? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244861)

vailpass 06-06-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8663794)
QT originally wanted Smith, but Smith backed out and Foxx stepped in. I tried updating the thread title.

Oh, and The Karate Kid remake was good.

:spock: Dear God.

Brock 06-06-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8663794)
Oh, and The Karate Kid remake was good.

We can safely disregard your opinion on movies in the future.

Deberg_1990 06-06-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8663818)
:spock: Dear God.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8663828)
We can safely disregard your opinion on movies in the future.

I like all types of movies. I'm not saying its Oscar quality, but it was well made for what it was.

Kyle DeLexus 06-06-2012 06:15 PM

I would have def watched if Smith and DiCaprio were in it. Now I might check it out on DVD since DiCaprio is one of my favorite actors.

SnakeXJones 06-06-2012 07:16 PM

A Tarantino movie with DiCpario is a must see but starting Jamie Foxx? he is very blah but still will watch it

BigRedChief 06-06-2012 08:15 PM

Any Taratonio movie is a good movie. Add in Dicaprio and Foxx, this movie had a chance to be epic.

Micjones 06-07-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 7710933)
WTF are you whores talking about? Will Smith is not only one of the highest grossing actors in the biz today, he's also one of the best. An A-lister in my book. He definitely runs the summer blockbuster ring, there's no doubting that, but to say he can't do much more is just bogus. He's probably the most versatile actor out right now as well. You want action? He does it, and does it well. You want comedy? He does it, and does it well. You want romance? He does it, and does it well. You want drama? He does it, and does it well. You want some not-so-serious fun? He does that, and does it better than anyone.

I'm telling you guys, Will Smith hasn't quite broken the stigma of being a goofy, rapper-turned-actor to everyone yet, but he's been a pretty damn good actor for a while now.

Will Smith's good, but he's makes some of the safest choices in Hollywood.
He'd never take a role like this. I'm not sure he has the kind of chops necessary to make a character like "Django" believable.

the Talking Can 06-07-2012 11:57 AM

i got to see Inglourious Basterds on the big screen again, recently, and it was even better than i remembered...a great movie, his best, imho...just felt relaxed and confident while retaining his quirks

i'm hoping this 'phase' carries over to Django

Deberg_1990 06-07-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8665245)
Will Smith's good, but he's makes some of the safest choices in Hollywood.
He'd never take a role like this. I'm not sure he has the kind of chops necessary to make a character like "Django" believable.

I love Smith. I wish he would have taken a chance and said yes to this. I think hes always concerned about his image more than anything. BUt to be fair, Kurt Russel and a few others turned down parts in this. Probably due to the controversial nature of the material.

Micjones 06-07-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8665529)
I love Smith. I wish he would have taken a chance and said yes to this. I think hes always concerned about his image more than anything. BUt to be fair, Kurt Russel and a few others turned down parts in this. Probably due to the controversial nature of the material.

Smith is very image-conscious.
I can't knock the approach though.
It's made for one very impressive filmography.

mnchiefsguy 06-07-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8663756)
They could have had Samuel L. Jackson, Lawrence Fishburn, or Morgan Freeman... don't care. I won't even bother inconveniencing electrons to download this movie.

The only movie I want to see that has anything to do with QT is his snuff film.

Samuel L. Jackson is in DJango, just not in the main role.

Sfeihc 06-07-2012 04:53 PM

"Django, the D is silent"

aturnis 06-07-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakeXJones (Post 8664131)
A Tarantino movie with DiCpario is a must see but starting Jamie Foxx? he is very blah but still will watch it

This. I would rather they had gone with a nobody as Django than Jamie Fox.

SnakeXJones 06-07-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8666106)

Tom Savini in blackface would been a better choice then Fox

Easy 6 06-07-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8666106)

I pretty much agree, Fox has been mailing it in since Ray, getting by on natural cool without really digging in, i've always kinda thought of him as an actor that doesnt always take his craft seriously, he needs a director who is going to challenge & push him... maybe Tarantino is just the medicine he needs.