ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If REid doesn't get a QB with our 1st round pick... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268786)

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmd'r&Chief (Post 9308041)
So he's started only 1/3 of his games and he's a useful veteran in your eyes?

Who are you trying to pick up as your backup, Peyton Manning? How many backups are in the league that have started 100% of their games?

He's a useful veteran in my eyes because he knows Reid's system and they have good QB evaluators who believed he deserved a roster spot in 2012. My guess is, that under the coaching of Pederson and Reid, he's a much better QB than he was in Buffalo.

We're not talking about a QB who can start. We're talking about a veteran who can win a few games if your starter gets hurt.

Cmd'r&Chief 01-12-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9308048)
Who are you trying to pick up as your backup, Peyton Manning? How many backups are in the league that have started 100% of their games?

He's a useful veteran in my eyes because he knows Reid's system and they have good QB evaluators who believed he deserved a roster spot in 2012. My guess is, that under the coaching of Pederson and Reid, he's a much better QB than he was in Buffalo.

We're not talking about a QB who can start. We're talking about a veteran who can win a few games if your starter gets hurt.

You know what, if Reid goes that route, I will support it fully.

SAUTO 01-12-2013 12:47 PM

I still think it will be hasselbeck if he gets cut loose in tenn.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmd'r&Chief (Post 9308071)
You know what, if Reid goes that route, I will support it fully.

Yeah, I never wanted Trent Edwards when he was a free agent. But Reid knows his veteran QBs and he thought he was a good choice. Reid has a pretty phenomenal track record at solid "stopgap" backup QBs. AJ Feeley, the Detmers, Jeff Garcia. None of them were stellar players, but they were all unbelievably effective at filling in for a few games when needed.

loochy 01-12-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9307219)
Reif!

Dude Riley Reiff was taken in last year's draft you ding dong...and I don't want an OT anyway.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-12-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9308113)
Dude Riley Reiff was taken in last year's draft you ding dong...and I don't want an OT anyway.

Oh yeah, they had him mocked to the Chiefs too ROFL

Easy 6 01-12-2013 01:27 PM

It'll be one of the big three QB's, i'm not too worried about that.

I'm sure Reid can find a guy who will work for him in that group and beyond that, he is surely 100% aware of how much energy it will inject into the fanbase, how much good will it would stick in the bank for him moving forward.

There will be a million false, misleading statements between now and then, but i'm really not worried.

whoman69 01-12-2013 01:44 PM

If Reid doesn't pick a QB and does what every other Chiefs team has done for the last 30 years I won't care. I'll move on.