ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Dishwasher recommendations? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269291)

bevischief 01-25-2013 07:30 AM

Girlfriend
Wife

warpaint* 01-25-2013 07:35 AM

I bought a Bosh earlier this fall and I love it. It's crazy how quiet it is and it does a great job getting everything clean.

Deberg_1990 01-25-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9349606)
I am looking to purchase a dishwasher and wondering if anyone has any recommendations. I have been considering Kenmore and Bosch, but would consider other brands if anyone knows something I don't.

Features I value most:
- clean
- dry
- fast

Hoping for some good advice among the jokes. Planet, don't fail me now.

another good feature to look value is "quiet"

Some of them can be annoyingly loud.

rageeumr 01-25-2013 08:06 AM

I have a GE that I bought 2 or 3 years ago. It's junk. Washes fine, but we have to set literally the entire top rack out to dry after it's done.

And it wasn't a cheap one. I don't remember specifics about how it compared to other brands, but it was the most expensive GE model out of 3 at the store I bought it from.

Fire Me Boy! 01-25-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9349764)
Girlfriend
Wife

At the same time? Isn't that dangerous?

htismaqe 01-25-2013 08:15 AM

Here's a piece of sage advice:

They ALL suck. Why? Because they're mass produced in 3rd world countries.

You could buy any brand you want and you've got a 50/50 chance of getting a lemon.

So buy what you can afford and be prepared to replace it sooner rather than later.

Graystoke 01-25-2013 08:18 AM

I purchased a Bosch and it is a total piece of shit. I use it to store my nice Wine and Whiskey glasses and just wash by hand.

Lzen 01-25-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9349756)
Whirlpool sucks.

Not sure where you get that idea. I actually replaced that crappy LG with a Whirlpool last June. Actually looked up on Consumer Reports which brands had the most and least problems. Whirlpool was something like 3rd behind Bosch (I think) and something else. Just sayin'.

Lzen 01-25-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9349828)
Here's a piece of sage advice:

They ALL suck. Why? Because they're mass produced in 3rd world countries.

You could buy any brand you want and you've got a 50/50 chance of getting a lemon.

So buy what you can afford and be prepared to replace it sooner rather than later.

The problems with the LG I had was due, mainly, to poor design.

htismaqe 01-25-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9349876)
The problems with the LG I had was due, mainly, to poor design.

I have an LG washer and dryer.

The washer is the best washer I've ever seen, hands down.

The dryer has had to have the motherboard replaced TWICE.

They were made in the same factory, at the same time.

I own some rental properties and I've literally owned every major brand of dishwasher. They all suck.

Graystoke 01-25-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9349894)

I own some rental properties and I've literally owned every major brand of dishwasher. They all suck.

Front Loaders?

Lzen 01-25-2013 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I obviously can't post entire articles but here is a bit of information that I think might be useful. This is a couple years old but I doubt much has changed.

Lzen 01-25-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9349894)

Hence why I mentioned the poor design. It doesn't matter how good of quality the factory puts out if the design is poor.

cdcox 01-25-2013 08:55 AM

Bosch is a good brand.

They are quiet, get the dishes clean, and are incredibly efficient with respect to water and energy use.

They take about 2 hours to go through the cycle. If you have anything with a lip on it, such as the bottom of a coffee cup or the edge of a plastic container it will come out a little wet.

For the different models of Bosch, look at the dish rack configuration and how you would plan to load it with your dishes. Mine isn't ideal for our dishes, but it works well enough. I'd pay $100 more for a better rack configuration though.

htismaqe 01-25-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 9349906)
Front Loaders?

Yep.