ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Three Words: (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=12320)

HC_Chief 09-10-2000 02:29 PM

OUR COACHES SUCK!

I am now hoping for a losing season -- so we can rid this town of Peterson, Gun, the Three Stooges, Grbac, RBbC, Smash Mouth, and all the peripheral Bull Sh*t.

It is time to slash & burn.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09-10-2000 02:32 PM

HC

I can't agree on Grbac. I though he played well today until we started putting him in obvioius passing downs...geez, any QB would have probs then.

But, you're right, the coaches MUST go. Once they're gone, the RBBC etc, will go naturally.

------------------
Misplaced Chiefs Fan
Red and Gold on the Warpath
Nightwolf Graphics

Raiderhater 09-10-2000 02:32 PM

I understand the frustration, but I could never hope for a losing season. They are still my team, and I will always want them to do well.

------------------
WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH GET GOING!

HC_Chief 09-10-2000 02:37 PM

MCF - I agree, Elvis did OK. But that is all he EVER does. I have finally come to the conclusion that he will never amount to anything more than an average QB. That's OK for a smash mouth, conservative, play not to lose philosophy... but I'm hoping that is gone by 2001. By then, we'll need a GOOD QB. Trade picks/players/whatever it takes, to move up in the draft for Drew Brees (or Vick if he declares for the draft)

Raiderhater - they're still my team. However, I see a greater positive resulting from a losing season than I do a 8-8/9-7(mediocre yet again) season: it might actually change things.

Lamar needs to turn the team over to his son -- or sell to someone who cares about winning a SB. I'm fed up with this sh*t - as are many thousands of others in KC.

ck_IN 09-10-2000 02:37 PM

Got to agree with MCF. Grbac played well. With a few exceptions his passes were on the money all day. He even scrambled for positive yards.

The problem was in the play calling. The running backs had nothing all day, while the pass was open. Yet we slammed the RB's up Grunnhards butt continually rather than using our 6'+ WR's against their small corners.

Raye wouldn't know a mismatch if it bit him in the butt.

ck_IN 09-10-2000 02:39 PM

Got to agree with MCF. Grbac played well. With a few exceptions his passes were on the money all day. He even scrambled for positive yards.

The problem was in the play calling. The running backs had nothing all day, while the pass was open. Yet we slammed the RB's up Grunnhards butt continually rather than using our 6'+ WR's against their small corners.

Raye wouldn't know a mismatch if it bit him in the butt.

Dr. Red 09-10-2000 02:41 PM

This is a little to over the edge but if this play calling continues I admit I'll be calling for this coaching staff to go cause their not taking advantage of the strengths of the talent on the team.

They better make better decisions on basic field goal chances. I still can't believe we lost this game cause we wanted to as gun says "win the game in the first quarter" what a bunch of fucking crap.

Raiderhater 09-10-2000 02:41 PM

HC, you have a point, but I still can't hope for the chiefs to lose. I'm just to loyal to do something like that. I wish the organazation was as loyal to the fans!

------------------

DaWolf 09-10-2000 02:42 PM

Here is the difference between Grbac and some of the other QB's:

The Chiefs run the ball until they absolutely must throw, and then Elvis gets to throw it. So he's usually throwing when it's obvious i is a pasing down.

Other QB's have more imaginitive offenses that keep opposing defenses off balance and guessing, thus the QB is not always throwing when the defense knows he will be.

Gun, Raye, these guys suck...

Mosbonian 09-10-2000 02:43 PM

Other than the last couple of series of plays, Elvis played well today. That Int. Grounding was BS, because he wasn't trying to unload the ball to avoid the sack.

I absolutely refuse to blame anyone else but Gunther and the 3 Stooges for todays loss.

mmaddog

------------------
"When you're not the lead dog in the pack, the view is always the same"

[This message has been edited by Mark Kilgore (edited 09-10-2000).]

HC_Chief 09-10-2000 02:44 PM

Tell me, what else could bring about change in this town, other than a piss-poor season? I really can't think of anything -- we've been mediocre for soooooo long now, yet nothing changes.

Marty realized he was banging his head against the wall... he realized it was time to move on. KC WILL NEVER WIN THE SUPERBOWL WITH PETERSON AS GM. KC WILL NEVER WIN THE SUPERBOWL WITH RBbC. KC WILL NEVER WIN THE SUPERBOWL WITH ELVIS GRBAC (or any other Qb who's sole purpose is 'not to make mistakes').

------------------
[b]Time to Slash And Burn!</B>

Raiderhater 09-10-2000 02:44 PM

DaWolf, point taken, but Grbac is still just an average QB. I want better for my team than average.

------------------

Dr. Red 09-10-2000 02:46 PM

Grbac is better than gannon. Period. I believe he's an above average QB. Name 10 QB's in this league that you think is better.

Mosbonian 09-10-2000 02:49 PM

Raiderhader:

I don't think we will ever know just how truly good or bad Elvis really is with the poor coaching that we have now.

mmaddog

------------------
"When you're not the lead dog in the pack, the view is always the same"

HC_Chief 09-10-2000 02:51 PM

Gannon WON THE GAME for Oakland today. He had THREE rushing TDs and rallied his team from a 3TD deficit. Don't feed us sh*t and tell us it's steak, Red.

10? Easy: Peyton Manning, Brad Johnson, Brett Favre, Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner, Troy Aikman, Mark Brunnel, Drew Bledsoe, Chris Chandler, Doug Flutie

I would take ANY of these guys over Elvis.