ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (part 2) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279640)

beach tribe 12-17-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10286976)
You might want to read the thread, then - because I said the same thing. I want the monkey off our backs, and I really don't care how it happens.

With that said, there's also nothing wrong with people wanting to see how that game plays out. I'm not sure why it's a problem, considering the flip side - where people used the first 9 games as some sort of, "yeah, told you so" when anyone with a set of eyes knows he played average ball at best and rode the defense to 9 wins.

There are a ton of reasons this debate will likely never end:

-Many of the people involved aren't even arguing the topic anymore, they are just arguing the poster themselves.

-Many are absolute extremists who refuse to consider any middle ground.

-The Niner trolls continue to stir the pot.

-There are plenty of jackasses who can't formulate a coherent argument on their own, so they resort to bringing up Geno Smith.

-Some can't even stick to their original argument, and want to have it both ways.

Example: First 9 weeks - "He's 9-0! All he does is win!"

When pointed out that the defense/ST did the majority of the heavy lifting, the boilerplate response? "It's a team game."

Fast-forward to present day. We're 2-3 over the last 5 games. Apparently, it's not a "team game" anymore.

Nothing is going to change here, which is why I've stayed out of the conversation for the most part, along with the fact that AS has played well the last couple of weeks. Let's hope we continue to see "Charger Game Alex" and not "First 9 Weeks" Alex.

Everyone is even more "team game" after the losses.

The Bad Guy 12-17-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10286963)
No, specific criteria for "going forward with Alex Smith as the franchise QB." The question that I was answering.

I assume Cochise's question about "going forward with him as a franchise QB" includes an extension and commitment to Alex Smith that pays him like an elite QB.

That whole post was about what it would take to jump on board with that type of extension.

He's never going to be paid like a franchise QB, and he's never going to be a franchise QB, so I can't argue that point on my end.

I think he'll be paid for what he is. A good to very good QB. He'll get around 10-13 million a season if his play continues to point up.

Something like a 3 year, 39 million dollar extension.

I don't see Dorsey giving him elite level money.

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10286978)
And if after your critical thinking has failed you, and you refuse to change your stance because you are an ass hurt bitch?
What then?

When proven wrong I'm happy to admit it. I was all in on the Patriot way bullshit :facepalm:

OnTheWarpath15 12-17-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 10286938)
sit one out?....both of those QB's suck, yet both were rammed down chiefsplanets throat, when it didn't make a damn bit of difference. yet, here is a still active thread.

And here's part of the problem - some folks can't help themselves and have to respond when things like the bolded are said.

Sanchez went to two AFCCG's, doing almost exactly what Alex has done for most of this season - ride his defense. Double standard.

Geno? He's a rookie QB, FFS. This place goes out of it's way to absolutely shit on young QB's, while defending the Thigpens, Cassels and Smiths of the NFL. It's a ****ing joke.

He may not end up being worth a shit, but writing off a QB 15 games into his career is laughable.

Swanman 12-17-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10286903)
Now we have a specific criteria for playoff wins?

Just admit you'll never like the guy and leave it at that.

This is all so petty and ****ing ridiculous.

It has become reeruned and morbidly entertaining. The vocal idiots are at the point of quadrupling down on stupid.

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10286976)
You might want to read the thread, then - because I said the same thing. I want the monkey off our backs, and I really don't care how it happens.

With that said, there's also nothing wrong with people wanting to see how that game plays out. I'm not sure why it's a problem, considering the flip side - where people used the first 9 games as some sort of, "yeah, told you so" when anyone with a set of eyes knows he played average ball at best and rode the defense to 9 wins.

There are a ton of reasons this debate will likely never end:

-Many of the people involved aren't even arguing the topic anymore, they are just arguing the poster themselves.

-Many are absolute extremists who refuse to consider any middle ground.

-The Niner trolls continue to stir the pot.

-There are plenty of jackasses who can't formulate a coherent argument on their own, so they resort to bringing up Geno Smith.

-Some can't even stick to their original argument, and want to have it both ways.

Example: First 9 weeks - "He's 9-0! All he does is win!"

When pointed out that the defense/ST did the majority of the heavy lifting, the boilerplate response? "It's a team game."

Fast-forward to present day. We're 2-3 over the last 5 games. Apparently, it's not a "team game" anymore.

Nothing is going to change here, which is why I've stayed out of the conversation for the most part, along with the fact that AS has played well the last couple of weeks. Let's hope we continue to see "Charger Game Alex" and not "First 9 Weeks" Alex.

Everyone should get up and read this post the first thing in the morning. Too much butt hurt has warped people reasoning. I've seen Geno brought up by 2 different posters already this morning already LMAO

OnTheWarpath15 12-17-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10286957)
Oh I don't know... don't care about doing that and have not. The true haters have already been put in their place this season. Just pointing out that in each of our 3 losses, the defense gave away a shitload of points and yards. That if we do lose in the playoffs, I suspect it will be for this reason, primarily... as we have a precedent set for our losses.

Exhibit A, Frank.

The Franchise 12-17-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10286989)
And here's part of the problem - some folks can't help themselves and have to respond when things like the bolded are said.

Sanchez went to two AFCCG's, doing almost exactly what Alex has done for most of this season - ride his defense. Double standard.

Geno? He's a rookie QB, FFS. This place goes out of it's way to absolutely shit on young QB's, while defending the Thigpens, Cassels and Smiths of the NFL. It's a ****ing joke.

He may not end up being worth a shit, but writing off a QB 15 games into his career is laughable.

They're already writing off RG3 as a bust.

It's been said multiple times before but this fan base wouldn't know what the **** to do with a rookie QB.

The Bad Guy 12-17-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10286996)
Exhibit A, Frank.

That's the thing, there are morons on both sides and truthfully, if you're telling me you're a 49ers and Chiefs fan, I'm not taking a god damn thing you say seriously anyway.

BigCatDaddy 12-17-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10286989)

<b>He may not end up being worth a shit, but writing off a QB 15 games into his career is laughable.</b>

In their defense it doesn't seem to just be a KC thing like I originally thought. I'm seeing dumbasses throw in the towell on RGIII already after 2 seasons. Most fans just don't have patience. Hell, the ones here are already making predictions for why we have a playoff loss.

OnTheWarpath15 12-17-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10287006)
That's the thing, there are morons on both sides and truthfully, if you're telling me you're a 49ers and Chiefs fan, I'm not taking a god damn thing you say seriously anyway.

There are PLENTY of KC fans with the exact same attitude. I just happened to see his post first. There was another one just like it right after his.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-17-2013 10:31 AM

Being a fan of multiple teams is creepy as ****.

duncan_idaho 12-17-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10286986)
He's never going to be paid like a franchise QB, and he's never going to be a franchise QB, so I can't argue that point on my end.

I think he'll be paid for what he is. A good to very good QB. He'll get around 10-13 million a season if his play continues to point up.

Something like a 3 year, 39 million dollar extension.

I don't see Dorsey giving him elite level money.

I've got no problem with an extension along those lines, as long as they have an early out (CAN cut without the cap dying). Almost all QBs deals are structured that way, so it's not a big concern.

At this point, I'd still think they can wait until after the draft and FA periods are complete before extending Smith. But that's not a major quibble or sticking point.

I also would have no problem with paying him like a franchise QB if he proves he is one over the rest of this season and through the playoffs. Would be pretty happy about that, to be honest.

What I hoped for is winning out over what I thought would happen, which is nice (and a welcome change, at least as far as the Chiefs go). Been a damn roller coaster ride, though... up over the first quarter of the season, down over the second, back up over the last half of the third quarter... hope we're done with the descents now.

duncan_idaho 12-17-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10287022)

Not to mention lame and weak.

Oh, my first team lost. What did my second team do? Damn. What about this team that has that one player I really like?

The Franchise 12-17-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10287022)

It annoys the **** out of me that these 49er douchebags refer to the Chiefs as "their" team.