ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports *** OFFICIAL 2013 NHL PLAYOFF THREAD *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272608)

tk13 05-03-2013 05:31 PM

Crosby's out there playing hockey with a fractured jaw. Derrick Rose has been cleared for almost 2 months and still won't play basketball.

ShowtimeSBMVP 05-03-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9655601)
Crosby's out there playing hockey with a fractured jaw. Derrick Rose has been cleared for almost 2 months and still won't play basketball.

He's got 2 goals in 7 mins

Bearcat 05-03-2013 05:59 PM

It's not like the Islanders look that bad, either... when the Pens want to win, they're pretty damn impressive. I hope the Blackhawks are watching... it's a shame to watch all that talent just go through the motions.

DaFace 05-03-2013 06:36 PM

Pens-Islanders has turned into a pretty fun game.

MMXcalibur 05-03-2013 08:24 PM

Credit to the Isles defense, but three of those four goals were so goddamn fluky. Couple that with blowing a 3-1 lead where we had the Isles by their throat. Makes me want to punch my newborn square in her stupid, fat face.

Fully expect the Pens to bounce back in Game 3, but Christ...you'd think Fleury would learn how to play the backwall after giving up a pair during the SCF Game 1 in Detroit a few years back.

Bearcat 05-03-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 9655873)
Credit to the Isles defense, but three of those four goals were so goddamn fluky. Couple that with blowing a 3-1 lead where we had the Isles by their throat. Makes me want to punch my newborn square in her stupid, fat face.

Fully expect the Pens to bounce back in Game 3, but Christ...you'd think Fleury would learn how to play the backwall after giving up a pair during the SCF Game 1 in Detroit a few years back.

Just words on a message board, but.... dude.

Only the 2nd time I've seen the Islanders this year, besides game one, and the time before that was Crosby's other return, but I'm sure that's the best they've played this season... and yeah, there were a couple of flukey goals. Great energy though.

KC_Connection 05-03-2013 09:03 PM

Anything can happen in the NHL playoffs. It's why I hold out hope of the Leafs winning a game.

MMXcalibur 05-03-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9655890)
Just words on a message board, but.... dude.

Only the 2nd time I've seen the Islanders this year, besides game one, and the time before that was Crosby's other return, but I'm sure that's the best they've played this season... and yeah, there were a couple of flukey goals. Great energy though.

ROFL

It was for shock value. I love my newborn. She never gives up a 3-1 lead.

Bearcat 05-03-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 9655948)
ROFL

It was for shock value. I love my newborn. She never gives up a 3-1 lead.

I was kind of waiting for, 'no worries, I don't have any kids.'

Demonpenz 05-03-2013 09:33 PM

Penguins didn't play well tonight and bad bounce at the end. They will get it going. THE NHL needs its stars to play well so everyone gets money.

OnTheWarpath15 05-04-2013 07:20 AM

And people wonder why the NHL lags behind in ratings - the officiating and league decision making is atrocious.

Eller gets hit cleanly, but in the aftermath, his face hits the ice. Blood everywhere. Match penalty. 2 game suspension.

Dustin Brown throws an elbow at Jaden Schwartz' head, and when he misses, throws out the knee to take him down. 2:00 penalty. No suspension.

What a goddamn joke.

DaFace 05-04-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9656473)
And people wonder why the NHL lags behind in ratings - the officiating and league decision making is atrocious.

Eller gets hit cleanly, but in the aftermath, his face hits the ice. Blood everywhere. Match penalty. 2 game suspension.

Dustin Brown throws an elbow at Jaden Schwartz' head, and when he misses, throws out the knee to take him down. 2:00 penalty. No suspension.

What a goddamn joke.

Wow...I didn't realize that Gryba got suspended. While I feel bad for Eller, I don't really get how that hit could be anything but clean.

I definitely agree that the NHL's suspension system is completely and utterly broken. It's maddeningly inconsistent.

Discuss Thrower 05-04-2013 07:34 AM

LET'S GO BLUUUUUUES

OnTheWarpath15 05-04-2013 08:12 PM

If the Blues can weather the first period storm tonight, I like our chances to go up 3-0.

OnTheWarpath15 05-04-2013 08:17 PM

Oh yay, Stephen Walkom tonight. Expecting the worst.