ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs on KCFX-FM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118223)

Coach 06-20-2005 01:31 PM

Chiefs on KCFX-FM

Haven't seen this posted. If a repost, my apologies.

Chiefs on Radio

Quote:

CHIEFS ON KCFX-FM RADIO TONIGHT
Jun 20, 2005, 12:01:02 PM

The Chiefs mini-camp is over and the players are finishing up their off-season workouts. The coaches have one more week to go and then they’re off until next month.

But talk of this year’s Chiefs team continues to hold the interest of fans throughout the Kansas City metro area and across the nation. Tonight at 7 PM on KCFX-FM and throughout the Chiefs radio network, you’ll have a chance to hear an exclusive interview with team chairman, Clark Hunt, defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham on his improving defense, and assistant general manager, Denny Thum, on Az-Hakim, Eric Warfield and upcoming negotiations with draft picks.

The show will be hosted by KCFX-FM sports director, Bob Gretz, on 101.1 FM.

HC_Chief 06-20-2005 01:33 PM

Someone should call in and ask if the NFL is going to drop the hammer on use for allowing Hakim to PRACTICE WITHOUT A CONTRACT. That's against the rules.... pretty gawddamn stupid.

FloridaChief 06-20-2005 06:02 PM

*Sigh*

They never fucking start their Chiefs programs on time...

Judge Smails 06-20-2005 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief
Someone should call in and ask if the NFL is going to drop the hammer on use for allowing Hakim to PRACTICE WITHOUT A CONTRACT. That's against the rules.... pretty gawddamn stupid.

Someone has been reading too much profootballtalk.com.

FloridaChief 06-20-2005 06:07 PM

OK, it's on now--though I must say I *really* enjoyed being warmed up by Fleetwood Mac...

NewChief 06-20-2005 06:08 PM

Quote:

Has the "official" story on this actually come out yet?

My understanding was that Hakim actually signed a contract. He and his agent, evidently, didn't look it over that well. Additionally, the Chiefs were going to give him a 25k bonus that the NFL disallowed, saying that we couldn't do it for some reason. When this happened, he went to DV to complain, and DV told him to "tear up the contract."

So, technically, he did have a contract. They just tore it up and let him out of it (even though they didn't have to).

Whether this has come out from the Front Office as their story or not, I have no idea because I haven't been following this too closely.

ZootedGranny 06-20-2005 06:08 PM

I'll be recording this if FOX's webstream holds up.

FloridaChief 06-20-2005 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief
My understanding was that Hakim actually signed a contract. He and his agent, evidently, didn't look it over that well. Additionally, the Chiefs were going to give him a 25k bonus that the NFL disallowed, saying that we couldn't do it for some reason. When this happened, he went to DV to complain, and DV told him to "tear up the contract."

Thum just said the contract was never sent to the NFL...they let him out because he expressed doubts after the signings...

HC_Chief 06-20-2005 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaChief
Thum just said the contract was never sent to the NFL...they let him out because he expressed doubts after the signings...

Okay, so he <i>did</i> sign a contract, but it wasn't okayed by the league & he threw it away? So there was no violation, right?

FloridaChief 06-20-2005 06:19 PM

They're still hoping a decision will be made on Warfield's suspension "in the next few weeks"...

:shake:

ZootedGranny 06-20-2005 06:20 PM

Updates while I can:

Hakim signed the contract, and the Chiefs were basically waiting to send it to the league offices. From what Thum says, it seems Hakim thought that he may not have the role here that he would in NO, so he wanted to go elsewhere...the Chiefs could have ****ed Hakim and sent the contract to the league offices, making him a Chief, but they discarded it.

Ty Law is still an option, and Thum says he calls his agent every week to see the progress. He says there's a chance he could still be a Chief, but it depends on what Law wants. He said they could create some more money to sign Law if he didn't go overboard on contract demands, but Thum believes that Law still wants a boatload.

Says the NFL must be taking a long look, doing research on Warfield, that's his reasoning for the lack of word from the league.

Wants to be the first team to sign their first rounder, but of course the agent wants to wait to see if anyone messes up the slotting. Talks about the current CBA situation only allows for a 5 year SB proration.

The Chiefs have been keeping an eye on Manuel Wright for the supplemental draft, but he doesn't sound serious.

FloridaChief 06-20-2005 06:20 PM

Quote:

Okay, so he <i>did</i> sign a contract, but it wasn't okayed by the league & he threw it away? So there was no violation, right?

Thum made it sound that the contract was signed but never sent to the NFL front office...

NewChief 06-20-2005 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
Updates while I can:

Hakim signed the contract, and the Chiefs were basically waiting to send it to the league offices. From what Thum says, it seems Hakim thought that he may not have the role here that he would in NO, so he wanted to go elsewhere...the Chiefs could have ****ed Hakim and sent the contract to the league offices, making him a Chief, but they discarded it.

Ty Law is still an option, and Thum says he calls his agent every week to see the progress. He says there's a chance he could still be a Chief, but it depends on what Law wants. He said they could create some more money to sign Law if he didn't go overboard on contract demands, but Thum believes that Law still wants a boatload.

Both are in line with what I've been hearing. I heard they may ask a bunch of existing players to defer money in order to free up space to sign Law.

Judge Smails 06-20-2005 06:27 PM

Oh man, Cunningham just said that Sims has to get alot better.

tk13 06-20-2005 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief
Both are in line with what I've been hearing. I heard they may ask a bunch of existing players to defer money in order to free up space to sign Law.

If Ty Law and Patrick Surtain are our corners and this defense doesn't get any better, we might as well all quit and go follow lacrosse.