ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   No Good Can Come From Beating the Donks Today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=14617)

NaptownChief 12-17-2000 09:54 AM

Other than bragging right over the Donks, there is nothing good that can come from it. Lower draft pick, tougher schedule, ensures that we get stuck with Goonthar for another year and we would be helping the Faiders....None of that sounds very good to me....So I say lay down Chiefies, Chiefies lay down......

Gaz 12-17-2000 10:06 AM

Bragging rights over the Broncos is reason enough.

xoxo~
gaz
ain't layin' down for no stinking Donkeys.

milkman 12-17-2000 10:09 AM

You may be right, but I will not, no, can not root for a Chiefs loss.
Go Chiefs, an A$$ stomping today is all I want for my birthday!
the milkman
shamelessly seeking birthday wishes

Gaz 12-17-2000 10:10 AM

Happy Birthday, milkman!

xoxo~
gaz
hopes the milkman gets what he wants.

Bob Dole 12-17-2000 10:11 AM

Bob Dole wishes you a birthday.

NaptownChief 12-17-2000 10:14 AM

I would gladly take a worse draft pick, a tougher schedule and for that matter I would even being willing to help the hated Faiders for a a$$ stompping of the Donks today. But I truely feel like todays game will decide Goonthar's fate and I can't take another year of him and his staff. Otherwise we will all be back in here mid-season next year crying in our beers over the same topics...I am not willing to throw away another season for bragging rights over the Donks.

Gaz 12-17-2000 10:20 AM

jl80-

I look at it this way:

 If we win, Gunther MAY return.

 If we lose, BroncoFan WILL return.

It’s an easy choice, IMO.

xoxo~
gaz
picking the lesser of two evils.<BR>

NaptownChief 12-17-2000 10:24 AM

Gaz,

Very good point...I guess I can now be happy regardless of the outcome...Unless we lose and GOONTHAR still gets to keep his job.

Gaz 12-17-2000 10:27 AM

jl80-

Yeah, that would be the worst of both worlds.

xoxo~
gaz
suddenly very depressed.<BR>

alanm 12-17-2000 10:31 AM

I'll take scoreboard any day over the Donks where I live. Everyone here in this town is a Donk fan.(Scottsbluff,Ne) I'm probably one of two Chief fans in town that I know of. I'll have bragging right at least untill next year. Hell yes!! I want them to win! I want to see a A$$ whooping today! http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

DJay23 12-17-2000 11:09 AM

I've been fully behind the "lose out and dump Gun" campaign since the San Diego game, but I can't do this anymore. Maybe its the win last week, maybe its my strong distaste for the horsey heads, but I just can't do it anymore.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

By the way, I think Gun will be back next year win or lose.

Archie F. Swin 12-17-2000 11:34 AM

HELL NO!

Anyone who wants the Chiefs to lose at ARROWHEAD purely for long term best interests can swing from my n*ts! That kinda talk makes me want to puke!

What better than consecutive loses from the two "best" teams in the West. . . the Chiefs should feed from the inspiration of the Seahawks.

The more "fans" talk this kind of "lose for the cause" talk, the more of a Gun supporter I become.

------------------
Chief Justice Pants
(D)- Texas

redsurfer11 12-17-2000 05:04 PM

There is a lot of good that comes from this game.That good feeling knowing the Donkeys have not beaten the Chiefs since Marty left.Martys curse against the Donkeys is over.

donkhater 12-17-2000 05:13 PM

You may be right about the lower draft picks, but the schedule strentgh is based on your position in the division. Even if we lost today, we were tied for 3rd with Seattle and end up getting the tougher schedule anyway since we swept them, so we will get a third place schedule next season regardless of what happens next week.

DaWolf 12-17-2000 05:17 PM

The most important thing is finishing it on a positive note and taking it into next year with momentum. It was big for teams like Oakland and Baltimore last year, Atlanta won their last 6 games the year previous to the year they went to the Super Bowl, etc. Finish on a positive note, get excited about next year, work your *** off in the offseason, fill out some holes on the roster, and come back strong next year with your 3rd place schedule...