ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   for all you meltdown people.. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=125186)

Dunit35 09-26-2005 09:41 PM

for all you meltdown people..

good Lord its the first loss...3 weeks into the season...Chill out...
we are still above .500 and only a half a game out of division lead... :shake:

buddha 09-26-2005 10:25 PM

I think it's fair to question this team after the last two weeks. KC could have, and probably should have, lost the Raiders game. We were lucky and just good enough to win, 'nuff said. We got our asses handed to us tonight by a decent Donkey team. Rod Smith looked like a speed demon running routes vs. Dexter (who is absolutely horrible). The DL was absent for most of the game. Black looked lost on the OL, Parker looked like garbage for all but one play...shall I continue?

PunkinDrublic 09-26-2005 10:28 PM

I agree. While this game was disappointing I'm not ready to give up yet. Denver is a tough place to win and our defense has been vulnerable to a relapse. Denver did the smart thing on defense and really exploited Jordan Black. Hopefully Roaf will be ready for next week.

chiefs4me 09-26-2005 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35
good Lord its the first loss...3 weeks into the season...Chill out...
we are still above .500 and only a half a game out of division lead... :shake:

you don't get it...its not just a loss, it's a loss to the donkey's.....on monday night...:deevee:

TRR 09-26-2005 10:32 PM

Great thread Dunit35...

Those doom and gloom idiots have really soured me on this message board over the couple of years. I usually try and stay away from this place till about Thursday after a loss because I hate the complaining, etc. You'd still have people on this board complaining if the Chiefs were 16-0. There were posters whining every week a couple of seasons ago when KC was 9-0....9-0 and their whining?

Denver is a tough place to play any year. Add in the fact that Willie Roaf, Kevin Sampson, Jason Dunn, and Eric Warfield were all out/or not 100%, and it makes it that much tougher. Denver will get a different team back at Arrowhead this season.

bobbything 09-26-2005 10:40 PM

Dunnit, I'll tell you the same thing I told my roommate...

I haven't seen this offense play this poorly since 2001. In all of the 9 losses last season, I can't remember when we were as ineffective on offense. It all started up front. Green spent most of the game on his ass. Roaf and Welbourne would have made a difference, but not 21-30 points worth of difference. Parkers drops really set the tone for the rest of the game. Black was abused and even when Pryce was double teamed we couldn't stop him. Our receivers simply can't get separation.

We still can't defend the naked bootleg.

I'm baffled as to why Surtain only covers one side of the field. McCleon made Smith look like he was 24 years old again. This, to me, is something that I've never understood about Cunningham.

Regardless, I'm not as concerned about the loss as I am about the inability of the offense to move the football. Drops, pass protection, the inability to run up the middle/to the left/to the right without Roaf. I just don't get a good vibe from the performance. Green was short hopping passes all night.

I'm thinking defenses have started to pick up on this offense. I hope I'm wrong, but, I don't think so. If I'm not, then we could be in for another long season. But, I'm not giving up by any stretch. With Roaf, Welbourne, and Warfield back, that should help. I only wonder how much.

runnercyclist 09-26-2005 10:41 PM

word

carlos3652 09-26-2005 10:41 PM

Nice job TRR, I like your thinking, If you told me at the beginning of the season we would be 2-1 after these 3 games, I would have taken it... We knew it would be a longshot to win in Denver (w/o Roaf), I have my worries about Philly at home next week as well... But 90% of the posters thought that we would be 2-2 going into our bye week... and our schedule gets a little easier...'

Chill, relax, I think this team will get it done...

Red Dawg 09-26-2005 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR
Great thread Dunit35...

Those doom and gloom idiots have really soured me on this message board over the couple of years. I usually try and stay away from this place till about Thursday after a loss because I hate the complaining, etc. You'd still have people on this board complaining if the Chiefs were 16-0. There were posters whining every week a couple of seasons ago when KC was 9-0....9-0 and their whining?

Denver is a tough place to play any year. Add in the fact that Willie Roaf, Kevin Sampson, Jason Dunn, and Eric Warfield were all out/or not 100%, and it makes it that much tougher. Denver will get a different team back at Arrowhead this season.

You are 100% right! We are far from done and not nearly at 100%. Paybacks are a bitch and we will get our revenge on December 4.

runnercyclist 09-26-2005 10:44 PM

I couldnt agree more Carlos

CoMoChief 09-26-2005 11:02 PM

It's the first loss no doubt, but we didn't lose the game. We got our asses kicked. Kicked good and hard. We looked liked the defense of 2001-2004. We still can't defense the bootleg worth a damn. They were doing that play all ****ing game and we still couldnt read it. Allowing Mike Anderson run wild like that is rediculous. No excuses whatsoever. Plummer made us our bitch that night, JAKE PLUMMER!!! people, you know, the guy that almost everyone on this board criticizes about how bad of a QB he is every single day. Roaf wouldn't have won us that game either. Their LBs were all over the place. There were times Will Shields looked like shit, Waters looked like shit at times, we didn't play with any intensity at all. Dick Vermeil just sat there in shock. Once the bootleg was in our heads, the Donks then just ran it up our ass. We couldn't pass the ball, we couldn't run the ball, we could defend the pass or run, we couldn't do shit. This isn't a meltdown, we have serious ****ing problems on defense. I can just see what the DV press conference will look like: "First of all I like to congratualte MS and the Denver Broncos on their performance. Well......We wanted to go into Denver and win the football game and we came out of Denver with a loss. I have never won up in Denver and Mike Shanahan is very good on Monday night". **** You Dick Vermeil, quit making god damn excuses and no one wants to hear your ****ing statistics, You should say something like: Mike Shanahan is a much better coach than I am head to head, I am his bitch and I can't ever beat and never will. He even owned my ass when I was with St Louis.

God damnit I can't stand the ****ing Broncos.

CoMoChief 09-26-2005 11:05 PM

whew....had to get that out....I think I am better now.

B_Ambuehl 09-26-2005 11:25 PM

The bad thing is this game illustrated in a very dramatic way some of the things I had noticed in the earlier games and was concerned about and the way it looks right now there are bigger problems then anticipated.

First, going back and reviewing tape and looking at the drive charts of all the games thus far, the defense really hasn't stopped anybody yet this season. Yes, they have had stops but most of those were from the opposition stopping themselves through unforced errors....pennington fumbling a gazillion times....raiders backs and receivers dropping balls that would've been first downs and penalties.....long runs getting called back on bullshit calls. Tonight they didn't stop anybody, gave up the mandatory 50 yard running play, and 200 yards on the ground....and that's despite an outmanned d-line doing a pretty decent job holding their ground upfront the majority of the time. The linebackers were simply over-running plays and Denver wasn't shooting themselves in the foot with unforced fumbles, penalties, and dropped balls like the previous 2 opponents.

Having said that, going into the game tonight I wasn't convinced this defense was a whole lot better then last years defense and now that is abundantly clear.

It appears just like last year that the D-line will be overmatched week in and week out and this team will have to live and die with the blitz same as last year. They will have their moments but overall it appears the offense will have to outscore teams same as last year.

Offensively, neither of the right tackles can get a block, Johny Morton's replacement has dropped more balls then he's caught, and Roaf is probably gonna struggle with that hamstring all year once we get him back and his replacement can't get a block either. (those hamstrings can take a lonnnnngg time to heal completely). Other then that, everything looks fine, but the offense is gonna have to be somewhere around last year's production for this team to meet expectations/hopes and that's gonna be difficult.

shaneo69 09-26-2005 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR
Great thread Dunit35...

you call it whining, I call it trying to snap the homers out of the fantasy dream world that they were living in at the time

Mecca 09-26-2005 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl
The bad thing is this game illustrated in a very dramatic way some of the things I had noticed in the earlier games and was concerned about and the way it looks right now there are bigger problems then anticipated.

First, going back and reviewing tape and looking at the drive charts of all the games thus far, the defense really hasn't stopped anybody yet this season. Yes, they have had stops but most of those were from the opposition stopping themselves through unforced errors....pennington fumbling a gazillion times....raiders backs and receivers dropping balls that would've been first downs and penalties.....long runs getting called back on bullshit calls. Tonight they didn't stop anybody, gave up the mandatory 50 yard running play, and 200 yards on the ground....and that's despite an outmanned d-line doing a pretty decent job holding their ground upfront the majority of the time. The linebackers were simply over-running plays and Denver wasn't shooting themselves in the foot with unforced fumbles, penalties, and dropped balls like the previous 2 opponents.

Having said that, going into the game tonight I wasn't convinced this defense was a whole lot better then last years defense and now that is abundantly clear.

It appears just like last year that the D-line will be overmatched week in and week out and this team will have to live and die with the blitz same as last year. They will have their moments but overall it appears the offense will have to outscore teams same as last year.

Offensively, neither of the right tackles can get a block, Johny Morton's replacement has dropped more balls then he's caught, and Roaf is probably gonna struggle with that hamstring all year once we get him back and his replacement can't get a block either. (those hamstrings can take a lonnnnngg time to heal completely). Other then that, everything looks fine, but the offense is gonna have to be somewhere around last year's production for this team to meet expectations/hopes and that's gonna be difficult.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

That's a hell of a way to basically say "we are the same team we were last year" you could have said all of that in 1 line.