ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Kaepernick pulls a Steve Bono (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274347)

milkman 07-07-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9796332)
Yeah, these things tend to go in cycles. Steve McNair was good at it but he was built like a linebacker. Kaepernick, Wilson and RGIII aren't big enough to sustain many hits.

I've always preferred a guy that can scramble a couple extra seconds to get his receivers open. Big Ben is the best in the league at this.

Russel Wilson is smart when runs.

He isn't taking the hits that Griffen and Kaepernick are takimg.

He gets rid of the ball when he's buying time, and he's sliding or getting out of bounds when he crosses the LOS.

Big Ben has been taking a ton of hits through the years.
He's just so big that he has endured the punishment.
But those hits have been taking their toll in the last couple of years.

Saul Good 07-07-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796348)
Not even close.

The NFL and all other sport is about competition. Fans root for their teams and the players on their teams and they dont want to see them wearing another teams gear.

The simple fact Kap is too ****ing stupid to understand why he shouldn't do that is a bigger concern than doing it. He must be an idiot and that simply doesn't bode we'll for his long term future.

How many dumbasses have had long successful careers as a QB?

Fans root for their own teams, but the NFL is a single corporation with multiple franchises. This is not a Lowes vs Home Depot situation.

Roethlisberger, Eli, Cutler, Marino, Montana, Favre, Bradshaw, and Namath have all done WAY worse shit than wearing a hat. They turned out okay as QBs.

Direckshun 07-07-2013 09:59 AM

IT'S A DOLPHIN WEARING A HELMET

WHY DOES ANYBODY WEAR IT AND NOT AUTOMATICALLY CRACK THEIR OWN MIRRORS

Fritz88 07-07-2013 10:01 AM

I want to see how the marketing department at the 49ers view this.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9796393)
Fans root for their own teams, but the NFL is a single corporation with multiple franchises. This is not a Lowes vs Home Depot situation.

Roethlisberger, Eli, Cutler, Marino, Montana, Favre, Bradshaw, and Namath have all done WAY worse shit than wearing a hat. They turned out okay as QBs.

Sorry dude, it's dumb and shows he is dumb. There is no way to spin it.

mcaj22 07-07-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9796267)
No athlete with tattoos has ever been successful

Apparently you do not watch the NBA

Phobia 07-07-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 9796372)
McNair also was injured for a lot of his career and it probably cut it short by a few years.

You know what really ruined his career though? Some chick.

Sandy Vagina 07-07-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796398)
Sorry dude, it's dumb and shows he is dumb. There is no way to spin it.

Pretty much. I am not inclined to overreact and crucify him for it, but it is unfortunate that he did this and more so that he responded the way he did about the criticism of it.

I have been worried that he turns into a massive douche over the years. Sure, he has the cocky swag going strong, but what obviously matters most is that he works hard and plays at a high level. I can still hope he matures quickly and the swag does not grow into something truly problematic.

LoneWolf 07-07-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9796406)
Apparently you do not watch the NBA

Apparently your sarcasm meter is broken.

tk13 07-07-2013 10:29 AM

Really it's not the end of the world... but don't kid yourselves, if a Chiefs QB did this we would be tearing him apart. His response to it is probably worse than wearing the hat.

Chiefshrink 07-07-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796348)
The simple fact Kap is too ****ing stupid to understand why he shouldn't do that is a bigger concern than doing it.

This !

Baby Lee 07-07-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9796418)
Pretty much. I am not inclined to overreact and crucify him for it, but it is unfortunate that he did this and more so that he responded the way he did about the criticism of it.

I have been worried that he turns into a massive douche over the years. Sure, he has the cocky swag going strong, but what obviously matters most is that he grinds and plays at a high level. I can still hope he matures quickly and the swag does not grow into something truly problematic.

FYP

Phobia 07-07-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9796418)

No question. He could have just said, "I'm sorry, I just liked the hat but I'm a niner at heart." All would be forgiven. Instead, he sounds like a spoiled douchebag. Typical athlete. Screw him. He can take a cheating defensive back to the knee for all I care.

J Diddy 07-07-2013 10:54 AM

turns out I don't give a shit. I tried. I failed.

Bugeater 07-07-2013 10:56 AM

Can someone enlighten me on the Steve Bono comparison?