ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Kanrocksas Music Festival (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244335)

Demonpenz 06-17-2011 03:31 PM

I think the Prolific might be there as well. I like them as a kc band. chick lead singer.

Brock 08-05-2011 08:34 AM

Any ideas on where the best place to drop off concert goers and pick them up later would be? I'm not going in, I just want to let them out somewhere close to where they need to be.

DMAC 08-05-2011 08:44 AM

You can drop them off in Rocklahoma. There they can take the bus to Colorocko, then catch the train to Kanrocksas.

Brock 08-05-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 7803115)
You can drop them off in Rocklahoma. There they can take the bus to Colorocko, then catch the train to Kanrocksas.

:LOL: Thanks.

Demonpenz 08-05-2011 11:12 AM

Wyondotte laws allow a white person to be off legends campus for 14 minutes before they are murdered and killed.

kcfanXIII 03-01-2013 01:38 PM

http://vimeo.com/60835291

As someone who attended the first one, i spent that hot ass weekend at kansas speedway in 2011, i have a great memory of this show. i saw primus, the black keys, a perfect circle, muse, eminem, fitz and the tantrums, the flaming lips, and many more that i can't remember right now. it was a weekend of great music, the staff provided an excellent venue, and a great time was had by all. so needless to say i was pumped up, and ready to hear the 2013 line up. lets start with the first band they mention, fun. all i know about them is i heard them on SNL, and didn't like them. then it gets dicey as there are only a few bands i really like on this list. the avett brothers, edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros, and pretty lights are the only three bands i care to sit through. i'm let down yet again this week...

MoreLemonPledge 03-01-2013 03:11 PM

Terrible lineup. I'd rather make the trek out to Bonnaroo and spend the extra time and money.

kc rush 03-01-2013 03:38 PM

My wife really likes the band Fun, so I may get stuck going to that. Hopefully she can get one of her sisters to go with, otherwise I think I'm investing in ear plugs.

kcfanXIII 03-01-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 9455102)
My wife really likes the band Fun, so I may get stuck going to that. Hopefully she can get one of her sisters to go with, otherwise I think I'm investing in ear plugs.

you're gonna spend that much on one band? there's a few bands that i'm pretty fond of on there, but not for $175 per ticket. i'm going to wakarusa instead. better venue, the line up is better this year, and it gets me the hell out of town for a weekend.

Reaper16 03-01-2013 04:47 PM

If you like rap, then this lineup rules. Kendrick Lamar, Danny Brown, Killer Mike, and Action Bronson all on the same bill? That's exciting. Not to mention the R&B dynamo that is Miguel.

NewChief 03-01-2013 05:13 PM

Might as well call it Pitchfork festival.

Fish 03-01-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 9455185)
you're gonna spend that much on one band? there's a few bands that i'm pretty fond of on there, but not for $175 per ticket. i'm going to wakarusa instead. better venue, the line up is better this year, and it gets me the hell out of town for a weekend.

You'd spend more on gas driving to Wakarusa these days...

Molitoth 03-01-2013 05:16 PM

Kanrapsas

NewChief 03-01-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 9455185)

Enjoy beautiful Arkansas! If you pass through Fayetteville and need advice on where to eat/drink, let me know.

kcfanXIII 03-01-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9455333)
If you like rap, then this lineup rules. Kendrick Lamar, Danny Brown, Killer Mike, and Action Bronson all on the same bill? That's exciting. Not to mention the R&B dynamo that is Miguel.

and i think by all means if you like that music, you should go. its a great venue, and run really well. in 2011, the only time there was a bottleneck was leaving the actual racetrack after the headliners. i can't say how great that aspect of the 2011 show was. i'm simply not into these bands enough to fork over 175 and not leave town.

as for the gas to waka, well, we car pool, and it saves alot. if i have to choose, which i do, i'm choosing the woods of wakarusa over kanrocksas. had the bill been as good, in my opinion, as it was in 2011, i'd have no problem going to it instead.