ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop UHaul (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273365)

DTLB58 05-25-2013 10:34 PM

I rented a 5x8 UHaul trailer in 2012 day after Christmas Day to move my son from Waterloo, Iowa to Jupiter, Florida.
To make a long story short after we unloaded in Jupiter that night I drove straight the UHaul address on my paperwork given to me from the Waterloo office. When I got there, I was told they wouldn't accept the empty trailer cause they only took trucks and I was in fact their first ever customer.

I proceeded to tell them very nicely, tough shit. I had a signed document stating I had to drop the trailer at that address. I had driven 1550 miles, it was 7:30 at night and I wasn't driving across town to drop the trailer (as they were suggesting). They finally said it was okay. Like I wasn't gonna leave it there anyways. Jerks.

When we go to help him move elsewhere in September (He is working an internship with the Miami Marlins A team) it will be with a different company. Better start looking now.

tooge 05-25-2013 10:40 PM

I rented a uhaul once to haul gear to Canada for a fishin trip. The trailer axle froze up in the middle of nowhere in Canada. Before cell phones. Took a day off our trip.

FlaChief58 05-25-2013 10:52 PM

Comfort ride my ass :cuss:

Dayze 05-26-2013 11:55 PM

Ill never use uhaul again. Last big move used Penske. They at least maintain their shit

Thig Lyfe 05-26-2013 11:58 PM

Most uhaul trucks have been ****ed inside of

R8RFAN 05-27-2013 05:52 AM

99% of the time, the last time someone who is driving a rental truck drove a truck was never...

Hate idiots in rentals

lcarus 05-27-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9712009)
99% of the time, the last time someone who is driving a rental truck drove a truck was never...

Hate idiots in rentals

This was a 1% occasion then. Had nothing to do with the driver and everything to do with this truck not being maintained. Shitty old tires and god knows what else. Just glad he made it to Tulsa safely before something else went wrong with it.

R8RFAN 05-27-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9712984)
This was a 1% occasion then. Had nothing to do with the driver and everything to do with this truck not being maintained. Shitty old tires and god knows what else. Just glad he made it to Tulsa safely before something else went wrong with it.

Not talking about your situation just a general observance of most people who drive rental trucks that I see out on the road when I am driving my Large Car

Chief_For_Life58 05-27-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9709793)
I rented a uhaul once to haul gear to Canada for a fishin trip. The trailer axle froze up in the middle of nowhere in Canada. Before cell phones. Took a day off our trip.

tell me more about what life was like without cell phones?

lcarus 05-27-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9712995)
Not talking about your situation just a general observance of most people who drive rental trucks that I see out on the road when I am driving my Large Car

Well maybe that's part of the problem too. Hard to maintain all those trucks after so many morons drive them cross country.

Son of Logical 05-27-2013 09:37 PM

I worked for Penske for several years, and they usually do a damn good job of maintaining their vehicles. For any long distance moves Penske is the way to go. They do preventative maintenance every 3 months or a certain amount of miles (don't remember anymore.) They also sell their trucks before they get too old. Plus if your truck breaks down they usually discount the trip.

lewdog 05-27-2013 10:35 PM

I drove Budget to move all our shit 1,200 miles last summer. Red lighted that bitch twice up mountain passes of 7,000 ft. Otherwise, it was thank god, uneventful.