ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life At 22 years old, I am now an older brother! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291848)

Chiefspants 04-12-2015 01:00 PM

At 22 years old, I am now an older brother!

Last August, my parents (in their mid-40's) received the surprise of the century when my mother found out she was pregnant. My parents had always wanted another child, but it seemed pretty certain that I was going to be the only one when I became a teenager. The last nine months have truly is a miracle in every sense of the world.

Welcome to the world, Gibson Lee!

http://i.imgur.com/hDg5Jpd.jpg

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-12-2015 01:05 PM

Are you also the father ?

wazu 04-12-2015 01:05 PM

Congrats man! Wow.

Chiefspants 04-12-2015 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 11432316)
Are you also the father ?

I am no Targaryen.

Dante84 04-12-2015 01:11 PM

When he's 21, you'll be 43.

That's crazy!

Congrats, big bro.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-12-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 11432324)
I am no Targaryen.

OK then, congratulations are in order.

congrats dude !

Chiefspants 04-12-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DA_T_84 (Post 11432327)
When he's 21, you'll be 43.

That's crazy!

Congrats, big bro.

The weight of it did not fully hit me until I my father said goodbye at the hospital. I told him, "now go take care of your second son" and the reality that my parents brought another human being into this world hit me all at once and caused me to choke up.

Yeah, I'm being sentimental. I'm really ****ing stoked for my parents.

ThaVirus 04-12-2015 01:18 PM

My dad had another child when I was 19 and my sister was 17. ****ing idiot hit the reset button on responsibility. My little brother's pretty cool though. It's awesome watching them grow and it really does happen soooooo fast.

Congrats to you and your family.

stevieray 04-12-2015 01:19 PM

My oldest daughter is twenty years older than my youngest....they adore each other, as I'm sure will be the case for you also!

Congrats big brother, he'll need you later in life, and you'll have the opportunity to experience something very few do.....you are very fortunate!!

Blessings to you and your newest family member

:rockon:

Chiefspants 04-12-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11432335)
My dad had another child when I was 19 and my sister was 17. ****ing idiot hit the reset button on responsibility. My little brother's pretty cool though. It's awesome watching them grow and it really does happen soooooo fast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 11432337)
My oldest daughter is twenty years older than my youngest....they adore each other, as I'm sure will be the case for you also!

Congrats big brother, he'll need you later in life, and you'll have the opportunity to experience something very few do.....you are very fortunate!!

Blessings to you and your newest family member

:rock on:

Thank you both! I was more than beyond words when I was face to face with him on Thursday. The mere idea of potentially hitting fly balls to him (or being a part of any of his hobbies really), makes me more excited than I can convey.

milkman 04-12-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11432335)

I have 3 aunts that are 5 years older or less than I am, an uncle who was a year older, and another who is a year younger.

The youngest of my 3 aunts married my best friend about 33 years ago.

ThaVirus 04-12-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11432339)
I have 3 aunts that are 5 years older or less than I am, an uncle who was a year older, and another who is a year younger.

The youngest of my 3 aunts married my best friend about 33 years ago.

That is ****ing weird.

Rain Man 04-12-2015 01:33 PM

For the next ten years, you should play up your superiority to your parents.

"I'm way faster than Gibson."

"I finished high school. Gibson hasn't."

"I'm two feet taller than Gibson."

Get the sibling rivalry revved up to its full extent.

Chieficus 04-12-2015 01:45 PM

Congrats!

From the experience of being the gap kid (though I'm just half of yours--11 years younger than my closest sibling), the first couple of life stages he'll see you more as another adult and less as a brother; but when you both get older that'll change. I'm good friends with my siblings now that I'm in my mid 30s and they're inching closer to 50. I started to see my siblings more as actual siblings once I started to move beyond my teenage years. :)

Rain Man 04-12-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieficus (Post 11432371)
Congrats!

From the experience of being the gap kid (though I'm just half of yours--11 years younger than my closest sibling), the first couple of life stages he'll see you more as another adult and less as a brother; but when you both get older that'll change. I'm good friends with my siblings now that I'm in my mid 30s and they're inching closer to 50. I started to see my siblings more as actual siblings once I started to move beyond my teenage years. :)

It seems more like you'd see them as aunts and uncles if you never grew up with them. I guess you have parents in common and perhaps some principles in how you were raised, but I would think that the parents would change after 10 or 20 years, so even that would be somewhat different.

But what do I know about it? I have one sibling who's less than two years different in age.