ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Fantasy Football McNabb vs Rams or Rodgers vs Bears (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=233960)

Mr_Tomahawk 09-22-2010 09:15 PM

McNabb vs Rams or Rodgers vs Bears

Never have asked for Fantasy advice here....thought I would give it a whirl because I am at the point where I might as well flip a coin...

Who would you start?

McNabb @ 0-2 Rams....

or

2-0 Rodgers @ 2-0 Bears [Monday Night]

Thig Lyfe 09-22-2010 09:18 PM

I think Rodgers is always a must-start. He's in the elite tier of QBs. You wouldn't start McNabb over Peyton Manning no matter what that matchups are.

J Diddy 09-22-2010 09:19 PM

Are you really asking this?

McNabb...

OnTheWarpath15 09-22-2010 09:20 PM

WTF?

You NEVER sit Aaron Rodgers.

Christ, do you sit Chris Johnson too?

Mr_Tomahawk 09-22-2010 09:20 PM

...ehhh the responses are going to be split 50/50 I have a feeling...

J Diddy 09-22-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7029391)
WTF?

You NEVER sit Aaron Rodgers.

Christ, do you sit Chris Johnson too?

I don't think aaron rodgers is going to have the field day that mcnabb will

Thig Lyfe 09-22-2010 09:23 PM

I don't think I'm going to sit Aaron Rodgers even when he's on bye.

RJ 09-22-2010 09:23 PM

You didn't draft Rodgers to be a bench player. Go with your stud, don't think twice.

CHENZ A! 09-22-2010 09:56 PM

Is this a real question? rodgers is only a top 3 QB, go ahead and start someone else

OnTheWarpath15 09-22-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 7029544)
Is this a real question? rodgers is only a top 3 QB, go ahead and start someone else

No shit.

I wish I played in this guy's league.

Who should I play? A consensus Top 3 QB, or a guy that starts in 33% of CBS Sportsline 12 team leagues?

CrazyPhuD 09-22-2010 11:01 PM

You're going to regret it if you don't start Cassel this week.

Direckshun 09-22-2010 11:20 PM

Josh Freeman's on the waiver wire as we speak!

RealSNR 09-22-2010 11:38 PM

I mean, I would see your hesitation if Rodgers was facing a really good defense. But the Bears? The ****ing Bears?

It's Monday night, a division game for the Packers, and you're asking if you should bench Rodgers because he's playing the ****ing Bears?

Get out of me.

Pioli Zombie 09-23-2010 04:22 AM

This has GOT to be a joke,right? This is when obsessing about matchups gets ridiculous. You NEVER bench Rodgers. Unless the other guy is Manning or Brees this isn't even a question.

Hootie 09-23-2010 04:24 AM

exactly...

you don't draft Aaron Rodgers in the first round (or second depending on the league) to bench him...ever.

Never, ever, ever bench Aaron Rodgers.

KCJohnny 09-23-2010 05:04 AM

I think some folks on here underestimate how bad the Lambs are, so for me the question is legit. That said, I don't think Washington will be playing from behind nor needing many points to win. Rogers may be in a shootout with Cutler. For FFL purposes, go with AR.

That said, McNabb threw for 426 yds and a TD against the NFL's worst pass D last Sunday. So McNabb vs a putrid defense looks like a winning formulae, but not this week when you have AR.

Hootie 09-23-2010 05:08 AM

I'm not saying McNabb can't score more points than Rodgers this week...

I certainly think that's possible...

but still...

don't bench Aaron Rodgers.

Ever.

WhitiE 09-23-2010 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 7029405)
I don't think I'm going to sit Aaron Rodgers even when he's on bye.

lol

DaKCMan AP 09-23-2010 06:32 AM

:spock:

You never bench Aaron Rodgers.

DaKCMan AP 09-23-2010 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 7029544)

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7029692)
No shit.

I wish I played in this guy's league.

Who should I play? A consensus Top 3 QB, or a guy that starts in 33% of CBS Sportsline 12 team leagues?

It's gotten to the point where every moron plays FF. The good ole days were back when no one really played, there were no online websites to manage your team, you had to phone-in your starting lineup with your opponent, and you had to either watch NFL Primetime or wait for the paper to come out on Monday morning to calculate your scores.

RockChalk 09-23-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7029912)
It's gotten to the point where every moron plays FF. The good ole days were back when no one really played, there were no online websites to manage your team, you had to phone-in your starting lineup with your opponent, and you had to either watch NFL Primetime or wait for the paper to come out on Monday morning to calculate your scores.

Takes me back to high school in the late 90's. I ran a 10-team league with my friends. All on paper baby! Lineups were phoned into me by Saturday. Times were good then.

I cut down to 2 leagues this year because the other leagues were full of morons.

Not to slam the OP's questions, but Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Brady...those are guys you don't ever bench. Shouldn't even be considered, especially with a QB like McNabb who hasn't made much of a fantasy impact in 2 or 3 years.

Brock 09-23-2010 08:25 AM

You give FF questions a bad name.

Skyy God 09-23-2010 08:38 AM

Mr. Tomahawk, apparently your avatar is all too apt.

AR15 (may be his number, not really sure) all day.

KevB 09-23-2010 09:19 AM

So, yeah, don't ever bench Rodgers....period. I don't care what the matchup is.

Not to mention having your stud play on Monday night, when it's the last game and you're able to watch him play. There's nothing better than having a stud going on Monday night, especially if your opponent is finished. With a guy like Rodgers, there's hope that no deficit is insurmountable. And if you're already winning, you can bask in the fact that your about to hammer the guy you're going against, and you can talk trash all day.

Mr_Tomahawk 09-23-2010 06:00 PM

Wow....

I understand the whole 'you play your #1' draft pick...but some of these comments are ridiculous....haha :)

Is FF not about best matchups? Last weekend, I did the unthinkable....I benched the Saints Defense and I picked up......the Chiefs Defense. :D Wish I would have posted a thread asking if this would be a good move....the responses would have been golden. FWIW....Chiefs D > Saint D in regards to FF points last week....thank you Mr. Flowers :)

Can't wait to hear all the back-pedaling comments some of you FF "gurus" will have if...if...McNabb throws for 400+ yards and some TDs while AR has an 'Okay' game against a divisional opponent in their house on a Monday night game. :)

I am going to start McNabb....because I give FF a bad name. :clap:

Pasta Little Brioni 09-23-2010 06:04 PM

Check out what he did to the Steelers in Pittsburgh and Baltimore at home last year and then tell us if it's a good idea to ever play matchups with Rodgers.

Mr_Tomahawk 09-23-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 7031557)
Check out what he did to the Steelers in Pittsburgh and Baltimore at home last year and then tell us if it's a good idea to ever play matchups with Rodgers.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...no. :)

CHENZ A! 09-23-2010 06:18 PM

You're talking about Defenses? really?? Defenses??? Give me a break man, nobody gives a **** about D/ST's, you can find a good one every week in FA.

Also, I don't think anyone is saying that McNabb COULDN'T score more than Rodgers this week, just that it isn't a risk worth taking. It really is a dumbass move to bench a top 10 FFL player for someone who probably won't even be top 10 at his position by the end of the year.

Either way, good luck.

Mr_Tomahawk 09-23-2010 06:26 PM

:D:D:D:D:D

CrazyPhuD 09-23-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 7031554)
Wow....

I understand the whole 'you play your #1' draft pick...but some of these comments are ridiculous....haha :)

Is FF not about best matchups? Last weekend, I did the unthinkable....I benched the Saints Defense and I picked up......the Chiefs Defense. :D Wish I would have posted a thread asking if this would be a good move....the responses would have been golden. FWIW....Chiefs D > Saint D in regards to FF points last week....thank you Mr. Flowers :)

Can't wait to hear all the back-pedaling comments some of you FF "gurus" will have if...if...McNabb throws for 400+ yards and some TDs while AR has an 'Okay' game against a divisional opponent in their house on a Monday night game. :)

Uhhh...have you played FF before? No really? Have you played before? You make the implication that there is a a Defense that you would start week in and week out. The reality is that's almost never the best strategy. Unless you have a large number of teams/andor people are squating on multiple defenses. The most point optimizing strategy is not to play the best defense. Afterall the best defense is going to play against good offenses and get raped from time to time. What is consistent is that certain offenses suck and the best defense to play is often the D playing the worst offense, NOT the best defense overall. Streaming D's is one of the great D strategies if there are enough Ds available on the wire and you don't have enough moves that can be made each week.

In short there is no such thing as a must start D, skills players are a different story. You may ask well why isn't a skill player against a crappy D a must start. If you're on the fence on who to start it's definitely a plus but it is no certainty. A good team against a bad team will most likely pummel them. But you don't know which aspect of the good team will pummel them. Is it going to be the passing game, the running, game, the D, or some combination of the three. Consistency can be harder to predict. Generally what makes elite players elite is that they are consistent regardless of the matchups.

McNabb *might* be a good start this week, but then again he might not if Portis runs all over them instead or if the Wash D/ST scores a couple TDs not requiring him to throw that much.

You know Rodgers is going to be THE focus of the offense, especially now that grant is out. You drafted him to start him, and if McNabb is playing well that's a bonus, if he plays great then you don't think about starting him. You think about trading him for a skill player that can help you week in and week out.

Mr_Tomahawk 09-23-2010 06:34 PM

Yes I have played FF before...

Your FF record must be polished...errr...I mean, flawless...

You know...

That guy...
:clap:

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-23-2010 06:35 PM

Easily Rodgers. Tougher matchup, but that also means he's probably not going to get pulled early, and he's the superior player

Chiefs Rool 09-23-2010 06:37 PM

play Matt Castel over both of em.

Mr_Tomahawk 09-23-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Rool (Post 7031673)
play Matt Castel over both of em.

BINGO!

DaKCMan AP 09-23-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 7031554)
Wow....

:doh!:

Mr_Tomahawk 09-23-2010 06:51 PM

<----AWESOME

DaKCMan AP 09-23-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 7031759)

AWESOME

You wish.

chop 09-23-2010 06:55 PM

I don't think you ever sit Rodgers. The bears secondary can be beat.