ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dorsey called Shariff Floyd.. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272402)

RunKC 04-23-2013 02:49 PM

Dorsey called Shariff Floyd..

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3s
I said on Around the League: #Chiefs GM John Dorsey called Florida DT Sharrif Floyd yesterday to check on him. Hmmm. At 1 or for trade back?

Jerm 04-23-2013 02:50 PM

Drum up interest to trade back...maybe to #3 or #4?

RealSNR 04-23-2013 02:51 PM

Please trade back.

For the love of God please trade back.

Direckshun 04-23-2013 02:51 PM

Wow.... That is really amazing information to have at this point in time.

Silock 04-23-2013 02:51 PM

DT with our first rounder.

Seems legit.

Direckshun 04-23-2013 02:52 PM

That said, Scott Pioli developed a personal relationship with Ryan Williams after meeting him at the Combine, totally not football related.

This could be everything, it could be nothing, or it could be something.

In other words, it's an awesome little piece of information.

Jerm 04-23-2013 02:52 PM

Eagles trade up to #1 and take him...Fisher/Joeckel go 2/3...man def would make the Chiefs at #4 super intriguing lol.

Direckshun 04-23-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9617612)
DT with our first rounder.

Seems legit.

Honestly, better value there than an OT or a passrusher with zero on field production.

DTLB58 04-23-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9617608)
Please trade back.

For the love of God please trade back.

I agree, but then does Floyd take over the NT and last years 1st rd pick ends up as trash and pushed to the side? Can he move to end?

Lots of chatter this move could bring up.

Chiefspants 04-23-2013 02:53 PM

Draft Dephenisive Lunemun at 12, 1, and 3
Trud for Alex Smuth
???
Profit
Champion

PS: xx close te bordes xx

RunKC 04-23-2013 02:54 PM

Shariff Floyd would be a terrible pick. He has T-Rex arms and he's not getting a pass rush.

Setsuna 04-23-2013 02:54 PM

ROFL Floyd is going to be stellar but I don't think yall deserve him. He's calling him to tell him we no longer have interest in you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9617632)
Shariff Floyd would be a terrible pick. He has T-Rex arms and he's not getting a pass rush.

You remind me of that guy on Happy Gilmore that Shooter hired to mess with Happy. You're just annoying as anything I've ever encountered in 25 years.

KC_Lee 04-23-2013 02:55 PM

How many 1st round D-Linemen is this team going to take?

Direckshun 04-23-2013 02:56 PM

DE is a sneaky need on this team. You don't notice it because we have two pretty good DEs and Bailey.

But think like the Dorsey/Reid regime. You've got one DE you can legitimately trust in DeVito, and two others you have no loyalty to. Both of which, I believe, are free agents next year.

In my final mock that I have up in DraftPlanet, I mocked them taking Margus Hunt in the 2nd. It's a position of relative need.

DTLB58 04-23-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9617610)
Wow.... That is really amazing information to have at this point in time.

Yea, interesting they would let that out. He didn't say, I wonder which side he got the info from? Kinda sounded like Chiefs side.

RealSNR 04-23-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9617626)
I agree, but then does Floyd take over the NT and last years 1st rd pick ends up as trash and pushed to the side? Can he move to end?

Lots of chatter this move could bring up.

Dontari Poe wouldn't be trash at DE in the scheme we'll run. He'd be allowed to generate push and collapse the pocket.

He's one of those players that will succeed at whatever position on the defensive line. But that's IF he succeeds at all. He's never going to be just a NT or just a DE.

mcaj22 04-23-2013 02:57 PM

Floyd said hes open to playing the 3-4 but hes a) never played and b) was only told by scouts his back gets flat enough where he can get the leverage needed, so im assuming scouts are talking to him about NT in the 3-4. But that's hes way more comfortable and essentially wants to be a disruptor in a 43

so Glenn Dorsey Part II. Youd be wasting his talents forcing him into a 3-4.

He said this on First Take yesterday

ILChief 04-23-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9617642)
How many 1st round D-Linemen is this team going to take?

Apparently 100. Yet people scream about a first round OT

Chief_For_Life58 04-23-2013 02:58 PM

he called to tell him that he was drafting jockstrap but thanks for interviewing for the job

RunKC 04-23-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9617638)
ROFL Floyd is going to be stellar but I don't think yall deserve him. He's calling him to tell him we no longer have interest in you.

You remind me of that guy on Happy Gilmore that Shooter hired to mess with Happy. You're just annoying as anything I've ever encountered in 25 years.

You're a Jagoff fan on a Chiefs board. Irony at its finest.

Direckshun 04-23-2013 03:00 PM

6'3", a hair under 300 lbs.

He's not prototypical at the 3-4 end position, but he's close.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-23-2013 03:00 PM

It'd be a Hindenburg level disaster rather than the Bhopal level disaster that Fisher/Jerkoff would be.

DJ's left nut 04-23-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9617659)
Floyd said hes open to playing the 3-4 but hes a) never played and b) was only told by scouts his back gets flat enough where he can get the leverage needed, so im assuming scouts are talking to him about NT in the 3-4. But that's hes way more comfortable and essentially wants to be a disruptor in a 43

so Glenn Dorsey Part II. Youd be wasting his talents forcing him into a 3-4.

He said this on First Take yesterday

Floyd's a perfect fit as a 1-gap DE.

oldandslow 04-23-2013 03:01 PM

Means we are trading back imo. 4 prolly

RunKC 04-23-2013 03:02 PM

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71 59s
Don't buy the Shariff Floyd report. Smoke screen in my opinion.

Direckshun 04-23-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9617675)
It'd be a Hindenburg level disaster rather than the Bhopal level disaster that Fisher/Jerkoff would be.

Honestly, is there a selection OTHER than Geno Smith that wouldn't be a disaster to you.

I ask that sincerely.

RunKC 04-23-2013 03:03 PM

Bill Williamson ‏@espn_afcwest 10m
#Chiefs Dorsey is due diligence guy. He will work this draft all the way up to the pick. Really impressed with the way he is doing his job.

Direckshun 04-23-2013 03:03 PM

By the way, Floyd has experience in the 3-4:

Quote:

He started the next 11 games at defensive end in head coach Will Muschamp’s 3-4 defense(46 totals tackles, 6.5 for loss), culminating with a 1.5-sack performance in the team’s 24-17 victory over Ohio State in the Gator Bowl.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-23-2013 03:03 PM

Would rather draft Landry Jones than this piece of shit

KC_Lee 04-23-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9617660)
Apparently 100. Yet people scream about a first round OT

Oh I'm screaming about that too. DL & OL, the only positions KC will ever draft the first two days.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-23-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9617683)
Honestly, is there a selection OTHER than Geno Smith that wouldn't be a disaster to you.

I ask that sincerely.

Jarvis Jones, DaMontre Moore, Kenny Vaccaro, Star, Austin, and Cordarelle Patterson.

None of them are worthy of the pick, but they fill a need and they can impact a game demonstrably.

DJ's left nut 04-23-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9617705)
Jarvis Jones, DaMontre Moore, Kenny Vaccaro, Star, Austin, and Cordarelle Patterson.

None of them are worthy of the pick, but they fill a need and they can impact a game demonstrably.

Demontre Moore? Seriously?

That guy has far less of a chance to truly be an impact player in the NFL than Floyd does.

And the safety stuff has truly gone insane. The safety fans are becoming almost as frustrating as the O-Line fans. Seriously - most safeties are failed CBs. You're really advocating using 1.1 on Vaccaro when there are big corners with stiff hips in the draft every single season that could be converted into very similar players?

Sanders Commings could be developed into every bit the FS that Vaccaro will be and he'll be available in the 4th, possibly 5th.

Jones I get, Patterson I get. Star as well. Hell, I can almost understand Austin. But Moore and Vaccaro is just crazy talk.

BossChief 04-23-2013 03:16 PM

I'm gonna throw this out there...

Is it possible the deal with Albert fell through and Miami wants to move up to #1?

Mother****erJones 04-23-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9617748)

Is it possible the deal with Albert fell through and Miami wants to move up to #1?

I don't think they want to do that. There's a report that they want to move down.

Urc Burry 04-23-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9617748)

I was thinking maybe we called Shariff to show Miami that we aren't scared of keeping Albert.. Trying to get more/better picks out of him

BossChief 04-23-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

this list of players is exactly why bending over and taking Miamis 1 and 2 would be ok with me.

Most of those are the guys we could pick from at 12...adding a 2 would be huge.

Mother****erJones 04-23-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9617763)
this list of players is exactly why bending over and taking Miamis 1 and 2 would be ok with me.

Most of those are the guys we could pick from at 12...adding a 2 would be huge.

If we could have Miami's 12 and both 2s. Along with keeping Albert, I'd do a dance because then I'd want Tavon Austin at 12.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-23-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9617737)
Demontre Moore? Seriously?

That guy has far less of a chance to truly be an impact player in the NFL than Floyd does.

And the safety stuff has truly gone insane. The safety fans are becoming almost as frustrating as the O-Line fans. Seriously - most safeties are failed CBs. You're really advocating using 1.1 on Vaccaro when there are big corners with stiff hips in the draft every single season that could be converted into very similar players?

Sanders Commings could be developed into every bit the FS that Vaccaro will be and he'll be available in the 4th, possibly 5th.

Jones I get, Patterson I get. Star as well. Hell, I can almost understand Austin. But Moore and Vaccaro is just crazy talk.

And corners are almost always failed WRs, and numerous WRs are failed QBs.

Moore had three years of increasingly productive play, including 12.5 sacks in the toughest conference in the country. He was a 1a 1b choice with Jones before the silly season...when people actually, you know, looked at the player's production on the field.

As far as Vaccaro is concerned, safety is a more important position than corner, and fluidity in hips is often used as a catch all term that sounds introspective but is often rhetoric over substance. As far as projectability is concerned, yeah, athletic measureables test a theoretical apex of a player's ability. But these guys aren't decathletes. The difference from "could" to "will" is vast.

Setsuna 04-23-2013 03:23 PM

BTW Floyd is 20, meaning he can still truly physically grow and get stronger. But uneducated tards like rudy and runkc don't understand.

DeezNutz 04-23-2013 03:27 PM

Johnly, I appreciate the risk that the organization would be taking in selecting a 3-4 DE in the top 5.

nychief 04-23-2013 03:27 PM

(Answering Phone)
Floyd: H...hello?

Silence.

Dorsey: Um, Sheriff, John Dorsey Kansas City Chiefs.

Floyd: Oh, hi, John. Does this mean I'm no. 1?

Dorsey: Um, no... sorry pocket dialed.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-23-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9617773)
BTW Floyd is 20, meaning he can still truly physically grow and get stronger. But uneducated tards like rudy and runkc don't understand.

Can we use that logic for Joeckel?

I think somewhere Amobi Okoye just turned 20

saphojunkie 04-23-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9617753)
I don't think they want to do that. There's a report that they want to move down.

Quote:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h

Two teams so far that have shown some willingness to move up in the draft are Miami and Atlanta.
Quote:

RT @dan_maren: Didn't you say Miami was trying to move back? Doing what they should? ... Correct. Exploring both options. As they should.

CaliforniaChief 04-23-2013 03:33 PM

There's more smoke going around right now than there was in Denver on 4/20.

Sorter 04-23-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9617683)

I ask that sincerely.

I'm speculating here but if Sheldon hadn't been a douche, I feel that Hamas would probably feel much better with that selection instead of Floyd.

saphojunkie 04-23-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

I'll add Nassib.

DeezNutz 04-23-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9617813)
I'm speculating here but if Sheldon hadn't been a douche, I feel that Hamas would probably feel much better with that selection instead of Floyd.

Sign me up for that.

If Richardson isn't the single biggest quitting bitch in college football, he'd be an incredibly logical selection at 1/1.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-23-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9617813)

That and his conditioning. Then again, Floyd also has those issues, and I don't think he's as relentless as Sheldon is when the gas is in the tank.

O.city 04-23-2013 03:38 PM

Richardson is my guy damn it. Richardson, Poe, Hali, Houston, make for a fine pass rush

DJ's left nut 04-23-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9617772)
As far as Vaccaro is concerned, safety is a more important position than corner, and fluidity in hips is often used as a catch all term that sounds introspective but is often rhetoric over substance. As far as projectability is concerned, yeah, athletic measureables test a theoretical apex of a player's ability. But these guys aren't decathletes. The difference from "could" to "will" is vast.

Sorry, but this is 'truefan' as applied to the defensive backfield. Arguing that safety is more important than CB is raw, over the top, dogmatism.

You could maybe convince me that a guy like Barron with the ability to blow someone up and run stride for stride with most WRs is as important as an elite CB.

If that were the case, guys like Revis would be at FS. Flowers likely would be as well.

There is no chance at all you will convince me that a FS that is generally decent in run-support but not special is more critical than a CB. And ultimately, you're not going to have much success convincing me that SS is a more important position than CB, but there may be more versatile, dynamic players playing it. But again, even that is a reach to me.

DJ's left nut 04-23-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9617817)
Sign me up for that.

If Richardson isn't the single biggest quitting bitch in college football, he'd be an incredibly logical selection at 1/1.

Yup.

Instead, !@#$ you, Sheldon Richardson.

The Franchise 04-23-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9617816)
I'll add Nassib.

****ing what?

Sorter 04-23-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9617817)
Sign me up for that.

He unknowingly cost himself a nice chunk of money by being a complete moron.

Too bad, because I'd really love to see how Houston would do having a competent 3 tech next to him in subs.

O.city 04-23-2013 03:42 PM

I'm not a Mizzou fan so I don't have the hate for him you guys do, but him doing what he did might end up relieving you guys of Gary so it could be a win

Dayze 04-23-2013 03:43 PM

gotta replace the other 1st rounder we lost in Dorsey.
keept that 'all first round pick' DL in place.

don't want to mess up a good thing.

DeezNutz 04-23-2013 03:43 PM

I don't get the fascination with Nassib. As a second-rounder? OK, cool. But I just don't see it. I'll be shocked if he's not a complete waste of a selection.

Setsuna 04-23-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was A Gigantic Dick (Post 9617797)
Can we use that logic for Joeckel?

I think somewhere Amobi Okoye just turned 20

How old is Joker?

Beef Supreme 04-23-2013 03:44 PM

Shariff he don't like it.

DJ's left nut 04-23-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9617845)
I don't get the fascination with Nassib. As a second-rounder? OK, cool. But I just don't see it. I'll be shocked if he's not a complete waste of a selection.

At least he's not Tyler Wilson.

That's about all I can see in favor of selecting him.

ILChief 04-23-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9617844)
gotta replace the other 1st rounder we lost in Dorsey.
keept that 'all first round pick' DL in place.

don't want to mess up a good thing.

Might as draft one in round one next year too. Jackson only has a one year deal. We have to break Detroit's WR drafting streak

Strongside 04-23-2013 03:45 PM

Call me crazy, but I think Floyd will end up being one of the best 3 players from this draft. I wouldn't mind having him at all.

DeezNutz 04-23-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9617842)
He unknowingly cost himself a nice chunk of money by being a complete moron.

Too bad, because I'd really love to see how Houston would do having a competent 3 tech next to him in subs.

It's absolutely insane. If he doesn't literally mail it in the last three weeks of the year, there would be a mountain of threads dedicated to him at this point, with many posters trying to explain to the 80 percent why selecting Richardson would be OK, while Jackson was and is a ****ing mistake.

Sorter 04-23-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9617820)
That and his conditioning. Then again, Floyd also has those issues, and I don't think he's as relentless as Sheldon is when the gas is in the tank.

I don't think Floyd has a remotely comparable motor, short area explosion or hand-fighting skills

DeezNutz 04-23-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9617854)
At least he's not Tyler Wilson.

That's about all I can see in favor of selecting him.

Manuel would be an intriguing pick in the second, from my perspective, though I realize he's a bit of a polarizing prospect, too.

Sorter 04-23-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9617858)
It's absolutely insane. If he doesn't literally mail it in the last three weeks of the year, there would be a mountain of threads dedicated to him at this point, with many posters trying to explain to the 80 percent why selecting Richardson would be OK, while Jackson was and is a ****ing mistake.

One crazy bastard already tried that and the thread made it about 3 pages IIRC. LMAO

keg in kc 04-23-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9617625)
Honestly, better value there than an OT or a passrusher with zero on field production.

I concur.

Sassy Squatch 04-23-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9617862)
I don't think Floyd has a remotely comparable motor, short area explosion or hand-fighting skills

Who wants to hand fight with a TRex? Shit would get brutal.

keg in kc 04-23-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9617816)
I'll add Nassib.

Why? He showed absolutely nothing in college that would make him look like he's even a first round pick, much less a 1.1. Not that I'd complain too much about a QB, but it's ridiculous he's even being talked about at 8. Maybe 98.

Sorter 04-23-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9617868)
Who wants to hand fight with a TRex? Shit would get brutal.

Not if you've got dat arm length.

RunKC 04-23-2013 03:49 PM

People are going to be furious if we pick a LT so they want another SEC DL who can't get a consistent pass rush?

Really?

Sassy Squatch 04-23-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9617871)

Ya, until the TRex gets pissed that its losing and just bites you in half.

Mother****erJones 04-23-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9617862)

I really wish the Jets would be stupid and trade 9 and 13 so we could get Sheldon Richardson and Tavon Austin

Mother****erJones 04-23-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9617871)

Who is that in your picture?

DeezNutz 04-23-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9617891)

Looks like someone whom I used to know.

Rasputin 04-23-2013 04:08 PM

I take it the Chiefs arn't sure who to take 1.1 at this close to the draft. They better make up their mind quick and not count on a team wanting to spend a fortune to take our pick off our hands.

keg in kc 04-23-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9617891)

Loki.

Direckshun 04-23-2013 04:11 PM

Listen, I'm just saying.

1. They had it down to "four players." Why contact a dude that's out of the four.

2. They said they'd make the decision by now. Why contact the guy who's not the decision?

There are probably answers to both of these questions that aren't "the Chiefs are taking Floyd," but we don't know what they are right now.

DJ's left nut 04-23-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9617973)
Listen, I'm just saying.

1. They had it down to "four players." Why contact a dude that's out of the four.

2. They said they'd make the decision by now. Why contact the guy who's not the decision?

There are probably answers to both of these questions that aren't "the Chiefs are taking Floyd," but we don't know what they are right now.

Isn't the easiest answer always misinformation?

And isn't that the right answer 90% of the time?

The rest seems like it's us just desperately trying to convince ourselves that things aren't going to go like we know they're going to go on Thursday. It's just like that 48 hours leading up to the draft in 2009 when we all read everything we saw as proof that we weren't really going to take Tyson Jackson and that anyone reporting that was just dumb...

There's nothing to see here, IMO. There should be....but there isn't.

keg in kc 04-23-2013 04:15 PM

They're picking first, they really don't have much of a reason for disinformation at this point because the value of their pick rests primarily on what teams believe the franchises behind them will do.

DJ's left nut 04-23-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9617988)
They're picking first, they really don't have much of a reason for disinformation at this point because the value of their pick rests primarily on what teams believe the franchises behind them will do.

Not by us, but by the teams jockeying behind us.

Face it, folks - the Chiefs are the bit players in this years draft. We'll serve to make an interesting story for other teams. It's our fate in this league.