ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Baldy breaking down the Chiefs right now (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317497)

CupidStunt 09-17-2018 06:48 AM

Baldy breaking down the Chiefs right now

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL

If you don't already follow him, it's a mandatory follow for any big football fan. No one breaks down plays better.

Cliff notes of today's breakdowns: Mahomes is God.

CupidStunt 09-17-2018 06:53 AM

One thing I'm getting from all these breakdowns is: if you don't have an elite FS on your D, you stand no chance vs Mahomes and our 5-wide set.

Pat will hold the FS wherever he wants, and that leaves 5 individual one-on-ones for our skill guys. There is not a defense on the planet that has the depth to cover all our talents. A couple teams could "take away" Hill and maybe Kelce, and then Watkins and even Robinson will just kill them.

BleedingRed 09-17-2018 06:56 AM

I knew mahomes was making a lot of adjustments yesterday, but being so advanced at this stage is pretty cool stuff

Valiant 09-17-2018 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 13739621)
One thing I'm getting from all these breakdowns is: if you don't have an elite FS on your D, you stand no chance vs Mahomes and our 5-wide set.

Pat will hold the FS wherever he wants, and that leaves 5 individual one-on-ones for our skill guys. There is not a defense on the planet that has the depth to cover all our talents. A couple teams could "take away" Hill and maybe Kelce, and then Watkins and even Robinson will just kill them.

It will be interesting to see how the rams and chiefs develop throughout the year.

notorious 09-17-2018 07:23 AM

Unlike our old QBs, he will throw to anyone, anywhere.

CaliforniaChief 09-17-2018 07:28 AM

If dropping a dime on the fullback running a wheel route is an option, there's literally nothing we can't do.

Hoover 09-17-2018 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 13739670)
If dropping a dime on the fullback running a wheel route is an option, there's literally nothing we can't do.

This.

Think for a second about what Aaron Rogers would do with our offensive weapon group.

Seriously, he would be unstoppable. Well, we have a 23 year old (Happy Birthday Patrick) Rogers on our hands. Good luck NFL.

bowener 09-17-2018 09:50 AM

I really wish he would have audibled out of the run that resulted in a safety. That seems like something that will come with experience, and I'm sure he won't forget that happening.

WhiteWhale 09-17-2018 09:57 AM

I sincerely struggle to find holes in his game at all. He does so many little things.

First of all the way he manipulates defenses with his eyes is incredible at this stage of his development. The incomplete pass to Kelce in the endzone looked like another no-looker to me. Probably why the accuracy was a bit off. He was holding the linebacker and I'm not sure he really fully looked at Kelce before throwing.

His ball fakes are awesome. For a guy who spent so much time in the shotgun in college, he sure is good at those fakes. I also like how he gives a little shoulder fake after every hand off. Must have picked it up watching Favre film.

He can make every throw.

He's diagnosing coverages like a veteran.

He's not blazing fast, but he's athletic and mobile.

This isn't like RGIII "run some option and we'll figure it out". Mahomes passes that eye test like nothing I've seen.

WhiteWhale 09-17-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 13739979)
I really wish he would have audibled out of the run that resulted in a safety. That seems like something that will come with experience, and I'm sure he won't forget that happening.

I wanted them to come out in 5 wide and try going deep again.

Really disappointed in that.

Also, apparently you CAN overthrow Tyreek Hill.

Well, Mahomes can. You cannot.

Chris Meck 09-17-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13740008)
I wanted them to come out in 5 wide and try going deep again.

Really disappointed in that.

Also, apparently you CAN overthrow Tyreek Hill.

Well, Mahomes can. You cannot.

Isn't it hilarious that we're literally suggesting coming out in a 5 wide and chucking it deep from our own 1 yard line? I mean, I'm not disagreeing, but that's ****ing bonkers. ROFL
It's good to be king.

bowener 09-17-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 13740043)
Isn't it hilarious that we're literally suggesting coming out in a 5 wide and chucking it deep from our own 1 yard line? I mean, I'm not disagreeing, but that's ****ing bonkers. ROFL
It's good to be king.

The steelers had the line stacked with at least 9 guys and man coverage on the lone WR. In that situation I'd say go 5 wide if they are man up and essentially throw a punt downfield and try to let Tyreek or Watkins outrun their defender and run underneath it. We were a 2 yard overthrow away from seeing Tyreek house a 99 yard pass the play before it.