ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Soooo I guess we are fine at WR and OL? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206706)

Priest31kc 04-26-2009 10:43 AM

Soooo I guess we are fine at WR and OL?

I guess Pioli thinks we have enough at those positions.

WR - Bowe, Bradley, Engram, Darling/Webb/Copper

TE - Cottam and Tony Curtis?

OL - Albert, Waters (guess he will be staying), Niswanger, Goff, McIntosh?

Maybe he thinks Herb Taylor and Barry Richardson are good enough.

I dont know, does anyone think our offense might have gotten worse this offseason? Of course losing Tony G is monstrous and we havent replaced him w/ Boldin or anyone. We signed Goff, but thats it on the O line. Is anyone really comfortable with Niswanger at C and Big Mac at RT?

Deberg_1990 04-26-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 5713065)
I guess Pioli thinks we have enough at those positions.

WR - Bowe, Bradley, Engram, Darling/Webb/Copper

TE - Cottam and Tony Curtis?

OL - Albert, Waters (guess he will be staying), Niswanger, Goff, McIntosh?

Maybe he thinks Herb Taylor and Barry Richardson are good enough.

I dont know, does anyone think our offense might have gotten worse this offseason? Of course losing Tony G is monstrous and we havent replaced him w/ Boldin or anyone. We signed Goff, but thats it on the O line. Is anyone really comfortable with Niswanger at C and Big Mac at RT?

Yes

Mecca 04-26-2009 10:45 AM

In case you didn't notice about 24 WR's got picked in the 3rd round.

KCUnited 04-26-2009 10:45 AM

The B Rich era begins.

Priest31kc 04-26-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5713084)
In case you didn't notice about 24 WR's got picked in the 3rd round.

ok.....then why didnt we take one in round 3?? Thats what Im saying, I guess he thinks were fine at receiver.

Ultra Peanut 04-26-2009 10:47 AM

426 draft every position of need with each individual pick every day

Captain Obvious 04-26-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 5713089)
ok.....then why didnt we take one in round 3?? Thats what Im saying, I guess he thinks were fine at receiver.

Because the guy we picked was higher on the board.

Archie Bunker 04-26-2009 10:48 AM

I think they're pretty much set at WR maybe they sign a Marty Booker type after the draft.

kcpasco 04-26-2009 10:49 AM

We have so many holes on this team, people will bitch about every pick.

Deberg_1990 04-26-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 5713112)
We have so many holes on this team, people will bitch about every pick.

That

Coogs 04-26-2009 10:53 AM

You know, I am fine with this draft so far. Look at the AFC West. Both Denver and Oakland have question marks bigtime on offense right now... especially at the QB position. Our secondary could be spectaular pretty quick, and if the front guys can stop the run and force the pass, advantage Chiefs.

And LT is not what he used to be either, so I can see the Chargers starting to slide back to the pack a bit.

I think we are making some reasonable strides to be a contender for the AFC West.

kstater 04-26-2009 10:53 AM

Pioli is obviously working a trade involving Thigpen for Boldin straight up.

ILChief 04-26-2009 10:53 AM

it's funny that people screamed BPA over need until they take the BPA and it doesn't fill a perceived need.

TRR 04-26-2009 10:55 AM

It's really a tough draft to understand. It looks like KC got their guy at #3 in Tyson Jackson, but it would have been interesting to see how far he would have fell if KC didn't fall in love with him. They didn't get back in the 2nd round like I thought they would, and picked another DE in the 3rd. Obviously they targeted the D Line as a need area....however it's frustrating for us as Chiefs fans because all we've done in the past couple of seasons is possibly waste picks to fix the D Line with selections like Ryan Sims, Junior Siavii, Turk McBride, Tank Tyler, Glenn Dorsey, Tamba Hali, etc. It's amazing to me that you have Dorsey, Tyler, McBride, and Hali, and we still have to spend the first 2 picks on D Lineman. Either the above players aren't very good/can't be developed, or our new regime doesn't have a good feel for the current players we have.

Either way, our offense has taken a step backwards with the loss of Gonzalez. He is nearly irreplaceable, and would have helped a young QB like Matt Cassel. Now they are relying on Bowe to step up, Bradley to stay healthy, Engram to squeeze out another year or two before he dies, and Darling and Webb to bring anything to the table.

It will be interesting...

KCUnited 04-26-2009 10:57 AM

We're bringing defense back, defense back...