ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC Sporting Kansas City are chokers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266345)

Imon Yourside 11-08-2012 07:45 AM

Is this part of Carls 4 year plan?

Reaper16 11-08-2012 07:53 AM

Vermes, the manager? Yeah, he choked. They players didn't, though. We could walk you through the tactics of the SKC v Houston matchup, but I know you're not actually interested.

memyselfI 11-08-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9097843)
Vermes, the manager? Yeah, he choked. They players didn't, though. We could walk you through the tactics of the SKC v Houston matchup, but I know you're not actually interested.

Vermes is Kinnear's bitch. It would be hilarious to watch if it didn't mean that the team got dragged down with him in the process.

Oh, and only in Chiefs fandom would it be kosher for fans of a 1-7 last place team, who has never held a lead in a single game all season, to be LOLing at a team losing in the PLAYOFFS.

I'll take conference winning, playoff attending, tournament champion chokers any day...

Deberg_1990 11-08-2012 08:15 AM

heh, gotta love it when the "I told ya So's" come out to rub it in.

Yea, they didnt win the title, but the important thing is they are winners and have built a clear trust and solid relationship with their fanbase.

Something Royals and Chiefs fans like me can only dream about........

memyselfI 11-08-2012 08:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9097877)
heh, gotta love it when the "I told ya So's" come out to rub it in.

Yea, they didnt win the title, but the important thing is they are winners and have built a clear trust and solid relationship with their fanbase.

Something Royals and Chiefs fans like me can only dream about........

This.

Dartgod 11-08-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9097889)

How ironic is this?

****ing traitor.

kgrund 11-08-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9097871)
Vermes is Kinnear's bitch. It would be hilarious to watch if it didn't mean that the team got dragged down with him in the process.

Oh, and only in Chiefs fandom would it be kosher for fans of a 1-7 last place team, who has never held a lead in a single game all season, to be LOLing at a team losing in the PLAYOFFS.

I'll take conference winning, playoff attending, tournament champion chokers any day...

At the end of day who cares. It is just soccer.

Saulbadguy 11-08-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrund (Post 9097929)

2 posts in 1 year. Heh.

memyselfI 11-08-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

At the end of the day it's just sports. Who cares about any of it? Those who have a passion for them and live and breath them do. I am proud to be one of them.

loochy 11-08-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Who cares? People that follow the team care.

It's just like how people care about the Chiefs (or the Broncos or whoever). The only difference is that the number of followers is smaller.

memyselfI 11-08-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9097952)
Who cares? People that follow the team care.

It's just like how people care about the Chiefs (or the Broncos or whoever). The only difference is that the number of followers is smaller.

In this town and country. Not worldwide. :D

loochy 11-08-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9097957)
In this town and country. Not worldwide. :D

It's been clearly demonstrated that anti-soccer folks don't care about the number of international supporters so I never even touch that argument.

Old Dog 11-08-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9097877)
Yea, they didnt win the title, but the important thing.....

I'm not a "soccer hater" but that's a BS statement.

Winning titles IS the important thing. Unless you're saying it's OK to just get to the playoffs.

memyselfI 11-08-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9097960)
I'm not a "soccer hater" but that's a BS statement.

Winning titles IS the important thing. Unless you're saying it's OK to just get to the playoffs.

Well, SKC DID win a title this year and it was one they'd set as a top priority in order to get into CONCACAF next year. So while they did not win the MLS title or both titles they were champions of an important tournament this year.

More importantly, they sold out all but one game (early March really cold) and they won the conference during regular season play again for the second year in a row.

While they fell short again of the MLS title, their trajectory is upward and they can no way hang their heads for a bad season. They picked a terrible time to have a horrible game on Sunday but that can't erase all the goals they set and achieved. They aren't taking baby steps towards meeting their goals, they are taking giant leaps. :clap::clap::clap:

memyselfI 11-08-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9097959)
It's been clearly demonstrated that anti-soccer folks don't care about the number of international supporters so I never even touch that argument.

I know but mine was a factual statement that they can ignore or reject all they want. Doesn't make it not true. :D:D:D