ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

Dayze 03-01-2012 01:16 PM

yeah, I'll probably do the same. At first, I'll probably stick to the big maps for spotting, and maybe getting a good spawn beacon placed.

last time I played Recon, it was nearly impossible (for me, anyways) to get a kill from any range. Everyone is sprinting all over the map etc all the time and it was hard to shoot with a traditional 'sniper' rifle. I really want to play the class as it was intended to. I can't stand it when I see either a teamate, or enemey, sprinting around with a big sniper rifle, mowing people down. Nothing wrong with it per se, but it just irritates me.

Maybe I'll give recon a good few hours of playing and see how I feel. Last time I played it was literally like the first day or two I had the game. So, alot of my reservations about the class may have gone away now that I understand the maps/gadgets, etc.

Dayze 03-01-2012 01:59 PM

What are your favorite Map/s CPers?

For Some reason I really enjoy playing Dramavand Peak, Sienne Crossing, Kharq Island, Tehran Highway

Maps that are 'meh' for me; Operation Firestorm, Caspian Border, Noshahr Canals

Maps I dread: Grand Bazaar, Operation Metro (because i usually get stuck on a reeruned team)

the new maps are pretty fun, but i haven't played them often enough to remember which ones are which. The one with the TV station is a MF, that's all I know lol.

Wyatt Earp 03-01-2012 03:46 PM

I'm getting burned out with playing BF3. Good time for Mass Effect 3 to be coming out. I'm sure I'll get the BF3 itch again after awhile.

Dayze 03-01-2012 03:48 PM

I had about a 2 or 3 week hiatus due to projects etc; feels good to get back into it.
I'm eager to branch out and try a different class. I've been running Support almost exclusively since getting the game.

I've also primiarly only played Conquest mode; so I might give Rush a shot here pretty soon. I'm sure I'll stay away from anything that has 'death match' in it as it would remind me too much of MW/BO and how terrible that was.

Kraus 03-01-2012 04:06 PM

Glad they are patching it. Honestly haven't played in about a month - mostly been playing the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer demo. I still see a ton of BF3 in my future.

Wyatt Earp 03-01-2012 04:13 PM

Yes the patch will help reel me back in as well. Just need a little break from it for now.

Munson 03-01-2012 06:16 PM

So I've played 2 or 3 times this week after a 3 month hiatus. I've been playing the new maps and keep getting my ass handed to me. Its like I'm playing in slow motion while everyone else is playing at regular speed. Its gonna take me a few weeks to get back to normal.

Dayze 03-01-2012 08:56 PM

I still get my butt kicked on the new ones. Played a great conquest on Caspian border. Got down by like 50 tickets and ended up winning by like 18. 45 minute match...wiped me out. Lol. Compared to the other matches with the same dudes where we were winning by 150+ tickets. Had a really good group of randoms and played probably 8 matches with them.

Man the game is fun when everyone knows what they're doing. Played as recon mostly. I've concluded the sniper rifles suck. I went with a suppressed mp45 on recon. Still trying to figure out best strategy for placing beacon and that t-ugs thing. Managed to stay alive most matches so people could spawn, spotted a ton. Still "iffy" on recon. Not sure yet

Dayze 03-02-2012 11:37 AM

considering picking up a PX21 headset here shortly.

hopefully they're sufficient

Dayze 03-02-2012 11:45 PM

I'm on for a while. Tryi g to figure out my new PX21 headset. Can't get anyone to hear my mic

Dayze 03-04-2012 03:49 PM

Anyone having a network error code? Did an Internet connection test and all is good. Maintenance on play stations part?

Still not sure if my mic is working. I can hear myself in the headset...so I'm not sure if it's just because no on has headsets or because no one talks. Or a combination of both

Setsuna 03-04-2012 04:53 PM

No one talks man. If you combined BF3 multiplayer with CoD large amount of mic'd up players, that would be the most epic game of all time. And I have XBOX so I don't know about maintenance.

Wyatt Earp 03-04-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8416714)
Anyone having a network error code? Did an Internet connection test and all is good. Maintenance on play stations part?

Still not sure if my mic is working. I can hear myself in the headset...so I'm not sure if it's just because no on has headsets or because no one talks. Or a combination of both

Yeah its down for maintenance till tomorrow morning.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...ance-on-sunday

ChiefFripp 03-05-2012 12:24 AM

In 3 games I got 2 1st place MVP ribbons and 1 3rd place MVP. I think I'll stick with the shotgun. Not to mention I took out two complete squads. Yesterday I couldn't buy a kill and today I'm pwning!

Ethansdad131722 on xbox live.

Dayze 03-05-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyatt Earp (Post 8416933)
Yeah its down for maintenance till tomorrow morning.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...ance-on-sunday

cool; thanks.