ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

Dayze 03-05-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8416916)
No one talks man. If you combined BF3 multiplayer with CoD large amount of mic'd up players, that would be the most epic game of all time. And I have XBOX so I don't know about maintenance.

:hmmm:
I wonder why no one talks.

I basically said screw it, and I talked all the time on Friday night. Calling out tanks/LAVs etc at various objectives on Conquest etc.

Not sure if it helped, but oh well. Figured, why not.

Bambi 03-05-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8418253)
I wonder why no one talks.

I basically said screw it, and I talked all the time on Friday night. Calling out tanks/LAVs etc at various objectives on Conquest etc.

Not sure if it helped, but oh well. Figured, why not.

I think a lot of people talk but its with their friends in parties...so you can't talk to other people if this is the case. At least on xbox.

That's what I do anyway. If I'm playing alone I don't really talk much cause once in a while you find some weirdo who just won't shutup once you get em going

WV 03-05-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8418273)
I think a lot of people talk but its with their friends in parties...so you can't talk to other people if this is the case. At least on xbox.

That's what I do anyway. If I'm playing alone I don't really talk much cause once in a while you find some weirdo who just won't shutup once you get em going

Exactly this.....if I'm playing alone and someone doesn't seem like an asshat I'll absolutely talk, but unfortunately you run into a lot of idiots when you play with randoms. Mostly I'm in a party with friends though.

Dayze 03-05-2012 01:36 PM

I suppose I'll just keep talking in case someone is listening. Not gabbing away etc, but giving heads up on things/tanks/snipers etc.

Bambi 03-05-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8419109)
I suppose I'll just keep talking in case someone is listening. Not gabbing away etc, but giving heads up on things/tanks/snipers etc.

Thats the best way to do it. Say something here and there.

Mostly good players don't need to be told about shit that's happening. At least I don't anyway. People just need to spot, spot, and then spot some more and I'm usually good.

Comm comes into play once you want to start coordinating attacks (soflam + javilen), (support + squad frag while someone else gets health + squad flack)...things like that

Dayze 03-05-2012 02:28 PM

cool; good to know.

WV 03-06-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8419298)
Thats the best way to do it. Say something here and there.

Mostly good players don't need to be told about shit that's happening. At least I don't anyway. People just need to spot, spot, and then spot some more and I'm usually good.

Comm comes into play once you want to start coordinating attacks (soflam + javilen), (support + squad frag while someone else gets health + squad flack)...things like that

Couldn't get over to your team last night, then the game died out...

Bambi 03-06-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 8421769)
Couldn't get over to your team last night, then the game died out...

yea, saw you in there. We had a couple good battles.

Lets hook up next time

ChiefFripp 03-07-2012 08:06 AM

3 new BF3 expansions to be announced.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefie...close-quarters

Close Quarters is the first of 3 new BF3 expansion packs. It will be available mid June.

Dayze 03-07-2012 08:06 AM

as if shotguns weren't 90% of teams already lol.

looks cool though. good idea on their part IMO.

WV 03-07-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFripp (Post 8424179)
http://www.battlefield.com/battlefie...close-quarters

Close Quarters is the first of 3 new BF3 expansion packs. It will be available mid June.

Not interested in more COD style of play. Just play Team or Squad Death match.

Dayze 03-07-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 8424742)
Not interested in more COD style of play. Just play Team or Squad Death match.

yeah; i probably won't venture into it much (if at all).
way too fast paced; doesn't seem to involve any strategy at all (at least, until some more info comes out on the game modes etc).

....so, as you said...it'll probably sting of COD play.

ChiefFripp 03-07-2012 11:32 AM

I'll get it. Dice is just so good at level design. They need to implement some of the gadgets they had in Battlefield 2: Special Forces; ziplines, flash grenades, toxic gas and gasmasks and all the other gadgets I have forgotten about. The verticle level design sounds cool as well. Having said all that, I am way more excited about the expansion pack that is coming out next fall, apparently it will have the largest BF maps ever.

Dayze 03-07-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFripp (Post 8424891)
I'll get it. Dice is just so good at level design. They need to implement some of the gadgets they had in Battlefield 2: Special Forces; ziplines, flash grenades, toxic gas and gasmasks and all the other gadgets I have forgotten about. The verticle level design sounds cool as well. Having said all that, I am way more excited about the expansion pack that is coming out next fall, apparently it will have the largest BF maps ever.

yeah. If the new June DLC has some cool stuff I might get it. But if it's just a tiny bunch of maps and tons of players just running all over with shotguns.....pass. ziplines and that other stuff sounds cool though.

what did they say about Vertical Design?

ChiefFripp 03-07-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8424899)
:what did they say about Vertical Design?

Not much, I'm just guessing they mean multi-tiered buildings and such.