ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs could get an all-time NFL record! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264713)

RustShack 10-06-2012 11:04 AM

Chiefs could get an all-time NFL record!

Chiefs threatening all-time NFL turnover records

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 6, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT

AP
The Chiefs haven’t just been bad in the turnover department this season. They’ve been historically bad.

With 15 turnovers so far this season — eight lost fumbles and seven interceptions — Kansas City is on pace to turn the ball over 60 times. That’s close to the all-time NFL record of 63 turnovers in a season, set by the 1978 San Francisco 49ers. And with a turnover differential of minus-13, the Chiefs are on pace to finish at minus-52. That would blow away the all-time NFL record of minus-30, set by the 1965 Pittsburgh Steelers.

Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel acknowledged that his team has a problem.

“We cannot turn the ball over, so we’re going to concentrate on the importance of the football and hanging onto it,” Crennel said this week. “One thing we do is work on it more, so all week we’re going to put more emphasis on hanging onto the football.”

It’s probably unlikely that the Chiefs will continue having all these turnover problems: Losing and recovering fumbles tends to be as much about luck as anything else, and a team that’s been extremely unlucky for four games probably won’t continue to be extremely unlucky for 12 more games. But Crennel is right that this is something the Chiefs have to get better at. Benching Matt Cassel, who has already thrown seven interceptions and lost three fumbles, may be a step in that direction.

pimpchief 10-06-2012 11:14 AM

Well, that's just neat!

Chiefs Pantalones 10-06-2012 11:17 AM

Brady Quinn

Ace Gunner 10-06-2012 11:19 AM

"Benching Matt Cassel, who has already thrown seven interceptions and lost three fumbles, may be a step in that direction"

ROFL

Last in the league in scoring defense also. It's pitiful, really.

BoneKrusher 10-06-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 8981903)
"Benching Matt Cassel, who has already thrown seven interceptions and lost three fumbles, may be a step in that direction"

ROFL

Last in the league in scoring defense also. It's pitiful, really.

What he Said.^ :thumb:

BossChief 10-06-2012 11:27 AM

Baltimore is gonna keep that arrow pointing down.

DaFace 10-06-2012 11:29 AM

I'd be pretty surprised if we kept the pace up like that much longer. We're bad, but not THAT bad. But you never know I guess.

T-post Tom 10-06-2012 11:32 AM

http://www.salem-news.com/gphotos/1322276676.jpg

mikey23545 10-06-2012 11:35 AM

I wish I could have posted a thread about this first.

milkman 10-06-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8981945)
I'd be pretty surprised if we kept the pace up like that much longer. We're bad, but not THAT bad. But you never know I guess.

I don't believe that Jamaal Charles is going to fumble twice in a game that often, and Peyton Hillis is not playing, so his fumbles won't be an issue.

But this team is playing a number of good teams this season, and I could easily see Matt Cassel throwing 20 more picks and fumbling another 2 or 3 times if he remains the starter.

Throw in another 3-5 fumbles form others, and we could easily finish the season with upwards of 40 turnovers.

Hammock Parties 10-06-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8981945)

The next 5 teams we play are all decent at putting pressure on the QB.

We're gonna get ****ed up. Especially vs Oakland, @Pittsburgh, @SD and @TB.

BoneKrusher 10-06-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8981973)
The next 5 teams we play are all decent at putting pressure on the QB.

We're gonna get ****ed up. Especially vs Oakland, @Pittsburgh, @SD and @TB.

yep.
every DC in the league will put pressure on MC because he cant handle it and they know it.

milkman 10-06-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8981984)
yep.
every DC in the league will put pressure on MC because he cant handle it and they know it.

Jim Zorn is trying to instill this one thought in Cassel.

"Don't shit until you see the whites of their eyes".

Hammock Parties 10-06-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8982000)
Jim Zorn is trying to instill this one thought in Cassel.

"Don't shit until you see the whites of their eyes".

Which makes him look for their eyes, which is stupid, which is why he misses WRs open.

DaFace 10-06-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8981971)
I don't believe that Jamaal Charles is going to fumble twice in a game that often, and Peyton Hillis is not playing, so his fumbles won't be an issue.

But this team is playing a number of good teams this season, and I could easily see Matt Cassel throwing 20 more picks and fumbling another 2 or 3 times if he remains the starter.

Throw in another 3-5 fumbles form others, and we could easily finish the season with upwards of 40 turnovers.

Sure, I can buy 40. Just not 60, as the article suggests.