ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Why Geno Smith fell in the draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272695)

Frosty 05-02-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9651727)
Anyone hear that awkward interview between Jayice Pearson and Jason Cole yesterday on the Danny Parkins show? Pearson basically asked Cole what an NFL executive had to gain by making the Geno comments after the draft; saying that the executive should contact Geno with this feedback instead of releasing it to Cole as an anonymous source. Cole said he wasn't "here" to talk about that. Things became a little heated between Parkins and Pearson to the point Parkins apologized to the listeners for the last 30 minutes of radio. Polarizing topic it seems.

Pearson does have a point, it's a very ***** thing to do after the draft.

I'm having a hard time believing the story. There wasn't the slightest hint of that behavior and almost everyone said Geno's interviews went well. The main points dropping him down were inconsistency on the field. Some also talked about him "pouting" when thing went bad during a game.

Nobody mentioned him being disinterested during interviews or being cocky. This sounds like a pissed off agent or some scout/coach/GM justifying passing on him.

MahiMike 05-02-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9651285)
Wanna know why the QB's in this draft all fell? Blame it on Luck and RGIII.

Those two guys alone in the last draft caused the expectations to become outrageous and the microscope on these QB's to become double or triple with comparisons in this draft. If Barkley had come out last year he would have been a top 15 pick. He had an off year and the microscopes got more powerful, so he fell and fell. Did he get that much worse??? No.

Discount it if you want, but this year was just a bad year to be Geno Smith and a bad year to for the Chiefs to have the #1 pick.

We were by far the most QB needy team until the abortion of trading #34 + more for Average Smith. Next would be the Raiders, but they traded for Flynn. Next would be Arizona who traded for Palmer. That leaves Buffalo and we won't even go there with Manuel going in the first while Geno and even Barkley did not. Buffalo and Buddy Nix are hardly a role model team.

Geno's biggest mistake was assuming this franchise even had one thought of drafting a QB in the first. It simply doesn't happen anymore. Todd Blackledge screwed us all to a life of mediocre retreads. I think it's in the Chiefs Head Coach official handbook. We'll call it the Hunt Rule.

If Luck or RG3 had been there, I can assure the Chiefs would've drafted them.

mikeyis4dcats. 05-02-2013 07:10 AM

Chris Gough from Metro Sports just said on the Johnny Dare show that Geno's agents told him that an interview with Geno before the draft would cost $1k, and since Metro is part of TWC, that they needed free cable too.

LOL...morons, no wonder they got canned.

Marcellus 05-02-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9651740)

This is a fact too many people here gloss over when complaining we never draft a QB in the 1st round.

Marcellus 05-02-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9651734)
I'm having a hard time believing the story. There wasn't the slightest hint of that behavior and almost everyone said Geno's interviews went well. The main points dropping him down were inconsistency on the field. Some also talked about him "pouting" when thing went bad during a game.

Nobody mentioned him being disinterested during interviews or being cocky. This sounds like a pissed off agent or some scout/coach/GM justifying passing on him.

Its not that difficult -
  • Multiple sources not just one.
  • You don't tip your hand before the draft, if you think a guy has issues you don't tell other teams.
  • His sideline behavior and draft day behavior are in line with what is being reported don't you think? There is a history.

BossChief 05-02-2013 07:13 AM

All the people arguing with SNR, TTC, myself, OTWP and others in this thread also had Cassels cum in their mouths this time 4 years ago.

Coincidence?

BossChief 05-02-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9651740)

Keep telling yourself that.

The more likely scenario is that we take the Rams approach and trade the pick to other teams.

Fairplay 05-02-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9651727)
Anyone hear that awkward interview between Jayice Pearson and Jason Cole yesterday on the Danny Parkins show? Pearson basically asked Cole what an NFL executive had to gain by making the Geno comments after the draft; saying that the executive should contact Geno with this feedback instead of releasing it to Cole as an anonymous source. Cole said he wasn't "here" to talk about that. Things became a little heated between Parkins and Pearson to the point Parkins apologized to the listeners for the last 30 minutes of radio. Polarizing topic it seems.

Pearson does have a point, it's a very ***** thing to do after the draft.

I missed that part of the show, I just heard the 45 minutes talking KC BBQ and then Parkins allergy problem for another 45 minutes.

Rasputin 05-02-2013 07:21 AM

What are all the excuses next year to not draft QBotf in the first round or two?

the Talking Can 05-02-2013 07:23 AM

i expect to not see anyone in this thread claiming that Bray (an actual loser douche bag) can be developed....since that is the unanimous opinion of the True Fans about Smith and his risky texting

i'll keep the link to this for reference

Cmd'r&Chief 05-02-2013 07:23 AM

If you go back and look at Geno's interviews, there is a bit of arrogance in him... Arrogance is difficult to coach because the individual will basically reject anything anybody has to say.

the Talking Can 05-02-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9651762)
What are all the excuses next year to not draft QBotf in the first round or two?

the same ones you hear every year

"not good enough for Chiefs"
"too risky"
"wait till next year"

- marcellus since 1983

the Talking Can 05-02-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmd'r&Chief (Post 9651764)
If you go back and look at Geno's interviews, there is a bit of arrogance in him... Arrogance is difficult to coach because the individual will basically reject anything anybody has to say.

so we're trading Bray for a full back today?

Fat Elvis 05-02-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9651703)
there's a one word answer to any argument proffered against drafting QBs, or claiming QBs are risky (they're not, ever), or just being a miserable true fan **** celebrating a RT with the #1 pick:

Chiefs

What part is it that you just aren't understanding? Reid and Dorsey have a history of drafting QBs like they are going out of style. They took a look at this year's crop of QBs and said, "Oh my gosh,this year's QBs are the fruit of a giant flaming aids tree."

Will they probably draft a high round QB in the near future? Kansas City history says no, but their own personal history says yes. It just wasn't this year. I'd be willing to bet that they may of drafted a QB early this year if they could of traded down, maybe not. We don't know because we were stuck with the 1.1 in a year there were no sexy picks at the top and no one wanted to trade up.

Miami traded up from 12 to 3 with only a second round pick and the Raiders were happy to get that (all the QBs were still on the board and the Raiders really don't have a solution at QB). Last year it took two more first round picks than that to move from 6 to 2. That should tell you something.

We're going to get our sexy QB in the near future. Not this year. Drafting a QB early this year was not a gamble; sticking your penis in a woodchipper and flipping the switch is not a gamble. The outcome in either scenario is likely pain: a lot of unnecessary pain.

No one is saying, "don't draft a QB EVAR!!!!" People are saying, "Don't stick your dick in a woodchipper just to say you did it."

patteeu 05-02-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9651753)
All the people arguing with SNR, TTC, myself, OTWP and others in this thread also had Cassels cum in their mouths this time 4 years ago.

Coincidence?

No they didn't. Are you wrong about everything?