ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I started Atkins today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104491)

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-16-2004 04:30 PM

I started Atkins today

I'm determined to lose at least 30 pounds...like to lose 50. That would be perfect. Anyone had success with Atkins before? Any advice? Is lite beer and diet soda ok in moderation?

This over-weight shit was never suppossed to happen to me. I was a skinny kid in high school, was in weight training and had a nice V shape in college, then put on about 75 pounds in that last 15 years. Christ!

It's coming off...one way or another. Salad, meat and water are my friends.

Wish me luck. Hopefully next time we have a big Chiefsplanet get together I'll be half the man I am now.

:thumb:

Wile_E_Coyote 11-16-2004 04:32 PM

being a little bit hungry is not a bad way to go through life

it's the thirsty part that sucks

bobbything 11-16-2004 04:33 PM

The Atkins diet isn't healthy for long periods of time. What happens is that you lose so much weight so quickly. Much of that weight being muscle.

When you go off the diet, most people simply quit; cold turkey. What happens is most people, because of lack of excercise and eating habits, gain that weight back. But, they're not gaining the muscle back, just the fat. So, in essence, you're losing muscle and gaining fat.

I would strongly recommend Weight Watchers instead.

The Rick 11-16-2004 04:34 PM

Diet soda...okay.

Lite beer...eh, sorry, probably not. Maybe in moderation.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-16-2004 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything
The Atkins diet isn't healthy for long periods of time. What happens is that you lose so much weight so quickly. Much of that weight being muscle.

When you go off the diet, most people simply quit; cold turkey. What happens is most people, because of lack of excercise and eating habits, gain that weight back. But, they're not gaining the muscle back, just the fat. So, in essence, you're losing muscle and gaining fat.

I would strongly recommend Weight Watchers instead.

:hmmm:

interesting...thanks.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-16-2004 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wile_E_Coyote
being a little bit hungry is not a bad way to go through life

it's the thirsty part that sucks

got that right.

HC_Chief 11-16-2004 04:39 PM

No soda. You should cut caffeine and alcohol completely for the first two weeks. Once you get into ketosis, it's okay to have ONE diet soda per day. No alcohol at all while you diet.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-16-2004 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief
No soda. You should cut caffeine and alcohol completely for the first two weeks. Once you get into ketosis, it's okay to have ONE diet soda per day. No alcohol at all while you diet.

Your post doesn't make me happy. I feel like neg repping you...

Even if the soda has no calories, so sodium, no carbs and no sugar?????

(please, please give me the answer I want)

Saulbadguy 11-16-2004 04:47 PM

I did atkins for a few months. I lost 30 lbs. Then I quit, and gained it all back.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-16-2004 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
I did atkins for a few months. I lost 30 lbs. Then I quit, and gained it all back.

inspirational...thanks.

Skip Towne 11-16-2004 04:48 PM

Bout time. You could live for a month off the fat in your ass. :p

Rausch 11-16-2004 04:48 PM

For me it was all or nothing.

No bread, no taters, no beer, no soda (later diet coke), no beans, no mexican, no italian, no pasta...not a bite for three months. After that I'd eat small amounts of bread/beans/beer 2 or 3 days a week.

I lost 65 lbs total, and in 1 year I've put 5 back on. I need to go under 20 carbs a day again for about 2 months, come april.

Basically, it's willpower. Good luck man!

BigRedChief 11-16-2004 04:49 PM

Did the atkins. Lost 30 to 30 lbs. No beer, chips man it sucked. I was worried about the long term health risks. Quit and gianed it all back. Went to Weight Watchers and having long term success.

Saulbadguy 11-16-2004 04:49 PM

May I reccomend the South Beach diet? Its a bit more flexible, and easier to stick to.

Of course I can't stick to any diet, but this one WAS easier.

Demonpenz 11-16-2004 04:49 PM

What I would do count calories. I would be some of those smart watchers or whatever TV dinners just to make it easier to see how much I am eating. Shoot for about a 1500 calories a day with a good mix of foods. Then Walk a mile a day. I think I burn about 1500 calories a day just living and doing shit. So if I could eat 1500 calories and minus the 130 you should burn able to loose wieght. That is pretty much what i tried to do the last couple years, exept i always end out getting smashed twice a week. I was 260 nose guard in high school now I am around 215 because i discovered that I could play madden and walk on a tredmill. I always try to walk on a tredmill alittle bit while watching a movie or some sports.