ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop How much money did CBS lose on their own ads? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269690)

wazu 02-04-2013 09:19 PM

I do have to say the Letterman ad was the funniest of the night.

Pants 02-04-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9378453)
How much money did CBS lose promoting their own crap shows that everybody knows about? I would argue that they don't pick up any viewership based on their stupid ass super bowl promos. But yet, they took up paying spots with that crap.

Maybe they didn't have enough commercials to fill the spots. Still, if that were the case, I would still postulate that if they lowered the rates and took more commercials in, they'd make a ****load more money than the potential increased viewership of their cruddy shows that everybody knows about anyway.

So what say you? How much revenue would they gain by toning down their self-ads?

DaFace....This one is for you buddy.

I don't think they lost money on that. They're probably advertising their own product so that the biggest audience of the year by far is exposed to their products. If the shows they advertised get higher ratings, they will make up that lost revenue you mention and get way more on top of it over time.

kcxiv 02-04-2013 09:21 PM

CBS the best basic cable network show in Persons of Interest. Its on of my fav shows going on right now. Basic or Premium.

tk13 02-04-2013 09:26 PM

They get the opportunity to pimp their shows in front of a bazillion people... they'd be crazy to waste that opportunity.

I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum knows what Coca-Cola is, yet they advertise during the Super Bowl every year. Same for Budweiser.

NJChiefsFan 02-04-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9378738)
No. Just saying CBS plays generic boring bullshit that old people love.

The Mentalist is a pretty damn good show with a really cool running story.

houstonwhodat 02-04-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9378661)
Really? I don't think all the promos were right before the game started again. And my ****ing christ there were a shitload of them. You don't think there was any way to generate more revenue by replacing their ads?

Can't vouch for yesterday but generally speaking there is usually a promo before they go back to whatever program.

Hey CBS can do whatever they want there were 115,000,000 people watching yesterday.

What better way to promote their programs and gain more viewers thereby increasing their advertising revenue?

tk13 02-04-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9378949)
The Mentalist is a pretty damn good show with a really cool running story.

He's on the Jamaican bobsled team? I gotta catch that show.

NJChiefsFan 02-04-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9378974)
He's on the Jamaican bobsled team? I gotta catch that show.

It was a crazy twist.

NJChiefsFan 02-04-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9378661)
Really? I don't think all the promos were right before the game started again. And my ****ing christ there were a shitload of them. You don't think there was any way to generate more revenue by replacing their ads?

He isn't saying before the game started. He is saying that the ads always happen right as they are coming back from break. Something anyone that has a DVR uses as the marker that the show is coming back. I really don't see why you think its bad for CBS to use the biggest stage in TV to market its shows.

Frazod 02-04-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9378891)
CBS is just the worst. The Big Bang Theory is in contention for worst comedy on TV, and everything else is just formulaic, old-hat, generic TV.

If Zach and Reaper both hate it, it must be good.

Reaper16 02-04-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9378994)
If Zach and Reaper both hate it, it must be good.

per frazod logic, Scott Pioli is a good GM.

Frazod 02-04-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9379021)
per frazod logic, Scott ***** is a good GM.

Does he produce a prime time CBS show? I wasn't aware of that.

Reaper16 02-04-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9379023)
Does he produce a prime time CBS show? I wasn't aware of that.

Well I wasn't aware that statement about quality vs approval from Zach & I only applied to TV shows. You didn't specify.

Frazod 02-04-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9379031)
Well I wasn't aware that statement about quality vs approval from Zach & I only applied to TV shows. You didn't specify.

I guess CBS needs more emo, eh?

keg in kc 02-04-2013 10:28 PM

I used to think all of CBS's shows sucked, too. Then I started watching NCIS reruns last year on USA, was able to see the series in its entirety from the start, and was surprised to discover it was actually a good show. Now I watch that and Vegas on Tuesday, and Person of Interest and Elementary on Thursday. Their comedies all suck balls though. Lowest common denominator laugh track garbage. Thank god Community is back Thursday so I have something funny to watch.