ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Amber Alert in Springfield (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281569)

Lzen 02-19-2014 09:21 AM

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/spring...48998_24557844

Statement from Springfield Public Schools Superintendent Norm Ridder:
Last night we learned the terrible news that one of our students had been abducted near her home. This morning our sadness is compounded by the recent developments in the case of Hailey Owens' abduction.

The suspect in this case, Craig Michael Wood, was arrested by Springfield Police Department. Wood has been employed by SPS since Aug. 18, 1998. He works as a paraprofessional and athletic coach at Pleasant View K-8 School. His employment has been suspended until this matter is resolved.
Hailey is a student at Westport Elementary School and last year she attended Bowerman Elementary School.

I offer my support to Hailey's family and to our SPS community. Students and staff at three of our schools are coping with this situation. To support these school communities directly impacted by this tragedy, I have assigned additional counseling staff and school police officers to be on hand until further notice.

We are fully cooperating with law enforcement officials as their investigation continues. Because this is an ongoing investigation, I will not be making any further comments about the situation at this time.

Bugeater 02-19-2014 09:22 AM

And I have to take the unpopular position and side with King here...repeated alerts to people's cell phones is excessive, one notification of the situation is adequate. The purpose of it is to make people aware, not whip up everyone in every adjoining state into a frenzy. Otherwise you'll have people opting out and/or shutting off their phones which completely defeats the purpose.

I wasn't even aware that they sent alerts to cell phones, I've never gotten one on mine.

kchero 02-19-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10440931)
Hailey is my niece. Words cannot describe what I want to do tho this piece of shit right now.

I'm so sorry.

Pablo 02-19-2014 09:23 AM

****, that's sad.

What a shit situation.

Lzen 02-19-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Hailey is my niece. Words cannot describe what I want to do tho this piece of shit right now.

Prayers for your family. :(

Lzen 02-19-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10440945)
And I have to take the unpopular position and side with King here...repeated alerts to people's cell phones is excessive, one notification of the situation is adequate. The purpose of it is to make people aware, not whip up everyone in every adjoining state into a frenzy. Otherwise you'll have people opting out and/or shutting off their phones which completely defeats the purpose.

I wasn't even aware that they sent alerts to cell phones, I've never gotten one on mine.

I, too, didn't realize that as I've never received amber alerts on my phone.

-King- 02-19-2014 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10440795)
A little girl was snatched by a stranger. She may have been raped and murdered last night. and you're whining because YOU HAD TO TAKE YOUR PHONE OUT AND LOOK AT IT A COUPLE OF TIMES.

You obviously aren't a parent. If you were, you wouldn't be posting such stupid bullshit.

Yeah it sucks but that doesn't mean its okay to spam people's phone with it. Like I said there's nothing wilding with sending an alert a few times. There's just no reason I should have had twelve alerts between 6 and 7am this morning.
Posted via Mobile Device

philfree 02-19-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

So very sorry and there's not a prayer that can help this. This happened pretty much right where I live and I'm pretty sure I've seen her before and I think the murderer too. So sad and so sickening.

gblowfish 02-19-2014 09:34 AM

I just heard about this on the news driving to work this AM. Very sad, and especially sad if this poor girl was a family member of one of our own here on the CP.

Very sad day.

Bob Dole 02-19-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10440772)
I never said that sending the texts was bad, I'm merely talking about the frequency of them.

Unsubscribe

Lex Luthor 02-19-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10440945)

I received either 2 or 3 alerts. Each alert took around 10 seconds out of my busy day.

Now I agree that the sending of alerts could certainly be overdone. I sure as hell wouldn't want to see an alert every time there's a parental dispute and the non-custodial parent runs off with his or her own child.

This was an entirely different situation. Sorry if it interrupted your favorite television show. And it's a real shame that King had to look at his phone a couple of times.

philfree 02-19-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10440795)
A little girl was snatched by a stranger. She may have been raped and murdered last night. and you're whining because YOU HAD TO TAKE YOUR PHONE OUT AND LOOK AT IT A COUPLE OF TIMES.

You obviously aren't a parent. If you were, you wouldn't be posting such stupid bullshit.

Yeah the mentality of some people that post on what is Chiefs Planet.

Dave Lane 02-19-2014 09:38 AM

Probably already been said but probably shot for TPing a house.

Big Poppa Payne 02-19-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

I can't even imagine what you're feeling right now, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

tooge 02-19-2014 09:38 AM

who knows how it all went down, but if you are sitting in your garage and some freak grabs a kid in front of your house and takes off, aren't you driving after the SOB while the wife calls 911? If guy runs red lights and shit to get away from you, he's gonna get caught before he kills the girl. I'd feel pretty shitty if all I did was call 911 and found out about this.