ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Gronk broke forearm on New England's last PAT to put them up 59-24 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266783)

okoye35chiefs 11-19-2012 11:24 AM

this coming from a place that boo's the kicker that won them 3 superbowls

Amnorix 11-19-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9133210)
Why Amno...are we cross?



Why would I be?

Amnorix 11-19-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9133219)
this coming from a place that boo's the kicker that won them 3 superbowls


Memories are long in New England, and it's not that he left, but that he went to the hated Colts.

But for me, I disagree with it. Time to move on already. It's been SEVEN years for God's sake... Besides, it's not like we've had trouble filling his position. Ghost is very good.

Buehler445 11-19-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9132678)
I'm here. Consistently...

Dude. You're not a Patriotard. You actually know football and don't blindly defend everything Patriot way.

And really the other JD isn't either. But he's quit talking about football all together.

vailpass 11-19-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9133225)
Why would I be?

No reason I can see. It just seemed you were imposing your patriot will on some who found humor in Gronk getting broken. Forgive me if I misinterpreted.

okoye35chiefs 11-19-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9133227)
Memories are long in New England, and it's not that he left, but that he went to the hated Colts.

But for me, I disagree with it. Time to move on already. It's been SEVEN years for God's sake... Besides, it's not like we've had trouble filling his position. Ghost is very good.

I get that and haved lived in NE my entire life (except for military travels, wars, ect)

NE fans that comment on the subject say "he" (AV) should have taken less money and stayed." ... WHAT?

A kicker makes nothing compared to everyone else and if he was the best kicker in the game (which he prob. was at that time) they should have paid him. But other players re-structured to stay and to your point, fans remember that. He was in a no win situation IMO.

Always defending the Company up here in NE... not lumping you ..in just voicing my dealing with the fans up here for 30+ years.

Amnorix 11-19-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9133237)
No reason I can see. It just seemed you were imposing your patriot will on some who found humor in Gronk getting broken. Forgive me if I misinterpreted.


I don't mind those who say karma and such. It's just an opinion.

But I don't like classless "wish it was Brady's knee" and such posts. I don't care what team it is, that kind of stuff is just classless and disturbing. Who roots for injuries? (actually, dont' answer that, as clearly some do).

And I have no choice but to correct those who think the Patriots' success only happened because of Spygate. The evidence is pretty overwhelming that that isn't true. As I've said, they have the best record in the NFL post spygate, including two SB appearances where they were leading within the final minute of the game.

But none of that stuff really makes me mad. I'm just going to go around cleaning up the record whenever it's appropriate.

Amnorix 11-19-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9133312)
I get that and haved lived in NE my entire life (except for military travels, wars, ect)

NE fans that comment on the subject say "he" (AV) should have taken less money and stayed." ... WHAT?

A kicker makes nothing compared to everyone else and if he was the best kicker in the game (which he prob. was at that time) they should have paid him. But other players re-structured to stay and to your point, fans remember that. He was in a no win situation IMO.

Always defending the Company up here in NE... not lumping you ..in just voicing my dealing with the fans up here for 30+ years.


I think people defend Belichick quite a bit up here, and rightly so. He has a clear track record of success. I personally defend him quite a bit, though there's things to criticize him for (secondary sucking for multiple years now being foremost on the list).

But just as Belichick probably made the right decision in NOT paying Vinatieri, Vinatieri had to make the right decision for himself in leaving. Hell, he has more rings than Brady since he won one with Indy. I don't blame AV for it, just as I don't blame other players for leaving for more money.

And I do think if he'd gone to any other team (other than the Jets), he probably wouldn't be booed, but going and helping Peyton Manning was some kind of unforgivable sin to many around here, I guess. Silly, but there it is.

loochy 11-19-2012 01:06 PM

oh well
http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/a...ha1/ohwell.gif

|Zach| 11-19-2012 01:10 PM

There is no such thing as running up the score in professional sports.

okoye35chiefs 11-19-2012 01:10 PM

But just as Belichick probably made the right decision in NOT paying Vinatieri, Vinatieri had to make the right decision for himself in leaving. Hell, he has more rings than Brady since he won one with Indy. I don't blame AV for it, just as I don't blame other players for leaving for more money.

well said

Amnorix 11-19-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9133565)
There is no such thing as running up the score in professional sports.


If Brady/Belichick do it, then it's a cardinal sin, only slightly less worthy of forgiveness than Sandusky's crimes. :shrug:

I can't understand it, but there it is. That said, I didn't like seeing Brady on the field with 5 minutes left up by 21 or whatever it was. Not because I care about scoring again, but because it makes no sense to risk injury at that point.

the Talking Can 11-19-2012 01:16 PM

the internet bat symbol goes out whenever the patriots way is besmirched...

as a feat of constant surveillance, it is impressive...if kind of weird

Amnorix 11-19-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9133591)
the internet bat symbol goes out whenever the patriots way is besmirched...

as a feat of constant surveillance, it is impressive...if kind of weird



Dude, it's me, and I check the front page of the Lounge for Patriots stuff. Perhaps that shocks you, but this isn't exactly the NSA at work...

Buck 11-19-2012 02:20 PM

Im not sure whether I'm more dumbfounded by the Pats not taking the starters out sooner or by the fact that Gronk is on the PAT team. What purpose does that serve? You're never going to fake a PAT are you?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.