ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

Mav 10-27-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10132690)
I like Reid and Dorsey; these were good hires. If they would make this type of decision in KC, I'd have even more respect for them, regardless of how things would turn out.

I wont be shocked if they draft a qb in the first round. If there is one they like, like a Mettenberger, (LSU), the kid from Oregon State, Hundley, Bryn Renner, wouldn't shock me in the least.

I am an Alex Smith guy that has no delusion that he will be replaced at the first instance they find a better replacement.

DeezNutz 10-27-2013 08:17 PM

It's almost an unfathomable jump from the likes of a CMU to the NFL. Thus, Fisher is going to take more time than the average n00b.

He needs to sit right now because he's hurting the team, but that doesn't make him a "bust." Not yet.

Mav 10-27-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10132702)
Fisher wasn't a specimen.

What is your definition of a specimen.

No, hes not Veldheer, hes not Bruce Campbell, but he is a true athlete. Much more an athlete than a technician

splatbass 10-27-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10132634)
Of course I'm aware of this. For those "so excited," Ice Cube dedicated a song to this: "No Vaseline."

Your arrogance is astounding.

duncan_idaho 10-27-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10132726)
It's almost an unfathomable jump from the likes of a CMU to the NFL. Thus, Fisher is going to take more time than the average n00b.

He needs to sit right now because he's hurting the team, but that doesn't make him a "bust." Not yet.

But... but... you MUST take a SAFE player at No. 1 overall who can start right away and be an impact player. You CAN'T afford to take a developmental guy that has to sit for a while at No. 1 overall.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-27-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 10132704)
After his first 8 games in the NFL you type this ****ing nonsense.

Go punch yourself in the dick.

Yeah, because 8 game vet 1st overall picks in the NFL draft look like ****ing abortions every year. You should abort yourself.

Lex Luthor 10-27-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10132831)
But... but... you MUST take a SAFE player at No. 1 overall who can start right away and be an impact player. You CAN'T afford to take a developmental guy that has to sit for a while at No. 1 overall.

That ship has sailed. It doesn't do any good to keep bringing it up.

pugsnotdrugs19 10-27-2013 08:49 PM

someone please, please name the better QB option we could have gotten this offseason? If anyone says Geno Smith they need to be banned. Have we forgot where we were just last year? It'd be wonderful to have a Manning, Brady, Luck, Brees, Rodgers. But that wasn't an option and judging by all the wins we're having, under Smith, we won't be able to get that guy next year. He's playing far better than Flacco or Ryan, just to name some of these gunslingers.

DeezNutz 10-27-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Yep. Never again should we hear that bullshit.

Chiefspants 10-27-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Game changers at RT are once in a decade guys, Duncan.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-27-2013 08:59 PM

If Fisher is how "BPA" is defined under this regime, we need to just completely forfeit the draft altogether, and trade our picks for some kind of bonus points in the FA market.

duncan_idaho 10-27-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 10132837)
someone please, please name the better QB option we could have gotten this offseason? If anyone says Geno Smith they need to be banned. Have we forgot where we were just last year? It'd be wonderful to have a Manning, Brady, Luck, Brees, Rodgers. But that wasn't an option and judging by all the wins we're having, under Smith, we won't be able to get that guy next year. He's playing far better than Flacco or Ryan, just to name some of these gunslingers.

Matt Ryan is completing 70 percent of his passes, has thrown 14 TD passes and 7 INTs. He's playing at a much higher level than Alex Smith, and there's no debate about it. Joe Flacco and Alex Smith have basically identical stats (though Flacco is superior in completion percentage, TDs, YPA).

"Playing far better?" Not even close.

I would have gladly taken signing someone like Jason Campbell and surrendering NO picks over trading picks for Alex Smith.

If you're bringing in a stop-gap, bring in a stop-gap. With this year's second-round pick, the Chiefs could have taken a potential QBotF in Geno Smith to sit behind the stop-gap they brought in or a WR like Robert Woods.

philfree 10-27-2013 09:05 PM

Sitting here at 8-0 I am so pissed that we didn't win the draft. I mean fooooooooooooooooo......k! :shake:ROFL

Eleazar 10-27-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10132888)
I would have gladly taken signing someone like Jason Campbell and surrendering NO picks over trading picks for Alex Smith.

ROFL LMAO :spock: LMAO

O.city 10-27-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10132888)
Matt Ryan is completing 70 percent of his passes, has thrown 14 TD passes and 7 INTs. He's playing at a much higher level than Alex Smith, and there's no debate about it. Joe Flacco and Alex Smith have basically identical stats (though Flacco is superior in completion percentage, TDs, YPA).

"Playing far better?" Not even close.

If you're bringing in a stop-gap, bring in a stop-gap. With this year's second-round pick, the Chiefs could have taken a potential QBotF in Geno Smith to sit behind the stop-gap they brought in or a WR like Robert Woods.

Suppose our front office didn't think geno is a potential qbotf?