ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KC signs Gaither (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248361)

Direckshun 08-11-2011 12:21 PM

Basically this just means that should either of our tackles go down with injury or stink things up to high heaven, we've got a low-rent contingency plan with gigantic upside.

Rausch 08-11-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 7817346)
Might as well highlight Asamoah too though. He has potential to be VERY good, and should be at least as good as Waters was last year.

Talent to be a "Shields type" player...

L.A. Chieffan 08-11-2011 12:24 PM

him and moeaki should bunk together

ChiefGator 08-11-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 7817358)
Talent to be a "Shields type" player...

Felt like I was jinxing it saying that. That would really be something. The KC O-Line tradition might not be completely dead yet...

ModSocks 08-11-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 7817360)
him and moeaki should bunk together

Why? So they could kiss each others boo boos? **** that. Gaither should bunk with Haley.

L.A. Chieffan 08-11-2011 12:27 PM

who will go on IR first? moe or gaither?

L.A. Chieffan 08-11-2011 12:28 PM

moe & gaither vs. the rest of the field +750

ChiefGator 08-11-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 7817376)
who will go on IR first? moe or gaither?

Well Moeaki beat him out to PUP, but I imagine Gaither may start on PUP as well, so that really is a tie.

Rausch 08-11-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 7817372)
Felt like I was jinxing it saying that. That would really be something. The KC O-Line tradition might not be completely dead yet...

He doesn't have the range Shields did. At worst we'd move Will to LT or RT in a pinch.

I wouldn't got that far with him, he's more of a pure G, but he could be a 10 year starter and multiple probowler at G...

MoreLemonPledge 08-11-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 7817346)
Might as well highlight Asamoah too though. He has potential to be VERY good, and should be at least as good as Waters was last year.

I think the point was to highlight players that are new this year.

ChiefGator 08-11-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 7817417)
I think the point was to highlight players that are new this year.

Yeah, he's a new starter though.

patteeu 08-11-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHuge39 (Post 7817343)
Yeah if he can get healthy and play that would be great. Just don't know where you put him or who gets moved. I'd be thrilled if he has been brought in to compete for the RT spot and is a vast improvement over what we have/don't have. I'm not high on the idea of moving Albert to RT after having to learn to play LT and he's now a solid guy at his position. Far from elite, but still good and has gotten better and better with each year.

I don't think you go and screw with Albert for a guy that has barely played 50% of the games since he was drafted due to injuries. There is a reason Baltimore didn't want him back and he was still out there this late. We don't have all the info on how it came down with the Raiders (failed physical reported), but they passed on him as well. PFT reported that Al wanted to sign him because he can dunk, but the GM told his his agent they weren't interested when Uncle Al was taking his nap.

Like everyone else I say give him a shot and see what he can do. Between Albert and him I have a hard time saying that Albert should be the one to change positions.........especially when he knows and has played in this offense for 2 years now and we're a month away from the first game. If he can beat out Richardson at RT that would be great!

According to the accounts I read from Ravens coverage in the past, Gaither's problem didn't have anything to do with being ineffective at LT. It was all about attitude, injuries, and the presence of Michael Oher.

I don't really think Albert should be moved to RT either, but if Gaither's attitude and injury issues are cleared up, I wouldn't have a problem with Albert at LG with Lilja becoming a backup.

Chief Faithful 08-11-2011 12:57 PM

If Gaithers is healthy the team now have three quality tackles that can start either right or left. Plus, they have a tackle to develop on the PS with Mims. If Gaithers is not healthy then he serves as camp fodder.

As I'm not an O'Callaghan fan I'm rooting for a healthy Gaithers.

The Franchise 08-11-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Faithful (Post 7817468)
If Gaithers is healthy the team now have three quality tackles that can start either right or left. Plus, they have a tackle to develop on the PS with Mims. If Gaithers is not healthy then he serves as camp fodder.

As I'm not an O'Callaghan fan I'm rooting for a healthy Gaithers.

:spock: Who's the third? And don't say Richardson.

Sofa King 08-11-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red 5 (Post 7816915)
in before everyone screams move Albert to RT

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7816917)
lol. no shit. surprised that hasn't been mentioned yet.

move him to LG and cut lilja! LMAO

=

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7817450)
According to the accounts I read from Ravens coverage in the past, Gaither's problem didn't have anything to do with being ineffective at LT. It was all about attitude, injuries, and the presence of Michael Oher.

I don't really think Albert should be moved to RT either, but if Gaither's attitude and injury issues are cleared up, I wouldn't have a problem with Albert at LG with Lilja becoming a backup.

LMAO